British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gary

Waterden Road Stadium Demolished.

By the way, 'Hawkeye' was also at the Norwich do over the week-end. We had a good old reminisce.... :) and :-( at the same time.

.........Snowy love his heart with the "Weekly Fiddle" lmao, Magnificent Seven theme tune....This is my mobile tune. 

Will be taking Snowy down to the Bonfire-Burnup tomorrow.But Shazzy, I SAY SHAZZY! I thought I was the only one who had the Magnicent Seven theme tune on there mobile! What an elite club we are in!

Guest cheetahhawk

Paul and Shazzy, both Scorpio and me had the Magnificent Seven on our old phones but haven't got around to putting it onto our new phones yet.

I might have some spare time now that it's the end of the season so will attend to it as soon as possible.

I wonder if there are any other old Hackney fans with the Magnificent Seven on their phones or are we the only ones :?: :)

News in the Evening Standard tonight that Hackney Stadium is to become the site for a multi sports complex hosting handball, basketball, volleyball and paralympic events at the 2012 Olympic Games (assuming London wins the bid). The new 80,000 seat Olympic Stadium will be sited off Marshgate Lane in Stratford

yes also saw it on the london evening news tonight. a sports arena to house the Basketball, netball and handball was what they said!

and it showed the site, which they said is to be "raised from the ground where the old Hackney dog stadium once stood"

Yes, the Evening Standard also mentioned the site had once been a 'greyhound stadium'..... :-(

Guest cheetahhawk
SO no mention of our beloved "Hawks

So maybe it was just a dream,funny how so many of us had the same dream. :rolleyes:

In the Express, said "on the the site of the old Greyhound and Speedway track".

At least one journalist knows his stuff.

I have received a few pictures from Brian Longman and hope to have the depressing shots on the Hackney site very soon. Just trying to find the time.

Cant believe they demolished it after all that cash spent to rebuild it. Feeling really upset another bit of my past gone. Used to go there every friday with the family then ride the next day Sat at Colin and Lens training school. What a super track to ride with its banking on the bends. If only i could turn back the clock to those wonderful days.Anyway i still have Bangers old steele shoe he gave me to use.