British Speedway Forum

In Sunday's programme - next meeting New Year Classic 1pm Jan 3rd. Well done Steve and Nick for getting it back - can't wait.

It's in the diary - I always look forward this meeting. I hope Poole (or someone else) can also run a meeting during the close season as I'm sure there is sufficient support for more than one winter meeting.

Not sure Matt Ford is interested after the unfair stick he took last year.

I have been to the Newport version and wouldn't bother again unless they made a decent field, held it over the proper 20 heats and then semis and final.

The Poole meeting was brilliant entertainment with a strong field. Everyone there had a fantastic time. Can Newport follow that?

Very pleased that this meeting is back to it's rightful venue.

poole put on a fairly decent show last year given the circumstances but now we can see it for what it is really all about.

I have been to the Newport version and wouldn't bother again unless they made a decent field, held it over the proper 20 heats and then semis and final.

The Poole meeting was brilliant entertainment with a strong field. Everyone there had a fantastic time. Can Newport follow that?

I'm sure Matt Ford is always grateful for you commenting on his behalf :rolleyes: NOT :mad:

Go away Shovlar

Will be keeping this date in my diary........may be worth suffering a rough sea crossing for!!! :sad:

I'm sure Matt Ford is always grateful for you commenting on his behalf :rolleyes: NOT :mad:

Go away Shovlar

You really are one sad case. :lol:

Go away Shovlar

Why, he's right.

There was great entertainment at Poole last year too.

Why, he's right.

There was great entertainment at Poole last year too.

Did I say there wasn't man??

No! and I was there

Just get sick of the knowall, knocking Newport (and everywhere else) unnecessarily, and bemoaning the so called bad treatment of Ford, just a pain in the you know where man. I m going to Newport and really hope Shovlar wont bother, then he will have nothing to say on the meeting?? some hope

Edited by Hector Austin

They dont need to Steve

The NEWPORT Classic has always been a popular event and different fans attend depending on the riders.

It will never match the plush surroundings of Poole with the bouncy airfences but it does have a history, and a home in Newport.

If Poole want a meeting they can have one - surely for Poole the date isnt crucial so have your brilliant entertainment meeting with a 'strong field', which is only your personal opinion of course, some other time.

Im sure Premier League fans will say the field is brilliant - it is after all a Premier Track!!!

They dont need to Steve

The NEWPORT Classic has always been a popular event and different fans attend depending on the riders.

It will never match the plush surroundings of Poole with the bouncy airfences but it does have a history, and a home in Newport.

If Poole want a meeting they can have one - surely for Poole the date isnt crucial so have your brilliant entertainment meeting with a 'strong field', which is only your personal opinion of course, some other time.

Im sure Premier League fans will say the field is brilliant - it is after all a Premier Track!!!

Excellent response Sandie and correct in my opinion! :approve:

I'm certainly looking forward to this meeting already, a great way to start 2010.

If rumours are correct, there may be three winter meetings to enjoy between November and February anyway :unsure:

Yes, because the Newport meeting is coming after the Poole meeting. It's all down to the linear nature of time, you see.

yes i totelly agree sandie, newport has always been a packed meeting with great racing, it was good of poole to fill in while newport wasnt running, but their back , so deserve this meeting as usual, also so in honour off tim who put this meeting on every year with out fail, cold of not. and there is always great racing and entertainmeant.

I've got to be honest, I was hoping this meeting would be back at Poole. One of the reasons being that we can justify making a weekend of it at Poole, wheras Newport is just an hour and a half's drive away.

That said, I suppose it's only right and proper that it goes back to its spiritual home at Newport.

I have attended every NYC since the 2004 staging and have to say that the Poole event was the best one I have ever seen. The meeting had plenty of action and a top quality field. 20 races and a final with a full field of 16 riders. And it didn't take forever to get through the meeting either! Perhaps I am mistaken but previous NYC's at Newport seemed to be very drawn out affairs. I said on leaving the Poole event last year that the Poole promotion raised the bar in relation to this meeting and if Newport got it back they should try to emulate Poole's running of this meeting as much as possible.

Please no 12 rider field with that annoying (but I suppose unaviodable) race format.

Edited by G the Bee

Yeah i agree about the 12 man individuals, whoever invented them needs shooting! :lol:

I will probably attend as it's the only meeting on around then, but hope they go for a proper 16 man meeting.

It's the same with the 'Ace of Herts' at Rye House , i always go as it's the last meeitng of the year, but it annoys the hell out of me the 12 man formula, especially as its always about 8 rye riders and 4 others who are often ex Rye as well!