Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Anders Mellgren also showed a lot of promise and was really entertaining, completing a brilliant overtake in his last ride. It's hard to believe he is the same age as some of the Hornets on display last Sunday......

Really? :neutral:

When you consider the probable facilities available to him in Sweden(?) compared to over here, it really doesnt suprise me at all!

Hi... have only just registered but wanted to say that my son & I went to the NewYear Classic. Under the circumstances it was a good meeting. However it did lack passing. But all the riders put on a show. We were very lucky as Kevin Doolan gave my lad his Runners-up trophy in the pits after the meeting. Which made his day!!!

Hi... have only just registered but wanted to say that my son & I went to the NewYear Classic. Under the circumstances it was a good meeting. However it did lack passing. But all the riders put on a show. We were very lucky as Kevin Doolan gave my lad his Runners-up trophy in the pits after the meeting. Which made his day!!!

When Kevin first came to Britain in his green kevlars and bike he rode in Newport's second half meetings quite often (must have been '99 or '00). Every time a group of us would go into the pits (we were about 10 or 11) and he'd chat with us. Brilliant guy and a great rider, I'd love to see him in Wasps colours one day.

JT.