British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedyguy

Wimbledon Cl Teams

The site shown second in my signature :rolleyes: would appreciate help in regard to the Wimbledon team squads between 2002-2004. I do have some names for 2002 (not the full 31-plus riders!) and some 2004 riders, but again not the complete list. Thank you.

Edited by speedyguy

The site shown second in my signature :rolleyes: would appreciate help in regard to the Wimbledon team squads between 2002-2004. I do have some names for 2002 (not the full 31-plus riders!) and some 2004 riders, but again not the complete list. Thank you.

Chris Hunt

Martin Williams

Jason Prynne

Gary Sweet

Jonathan Stevens

Justin Elkins

Wayne Barrett

Roger Dickerson

Steve Braidford

Jeremy Pestell

Terry Day

David Osborn

Chris Geer

Phil Ambrose

Andre Cross

Gavin Hedge

Chris Johnson

Paul Lydes-Uings

Barrie Geer

Chris Mills

Nathan Irwin

Nathan Morton

Tom Brown

Russell Paine

Dyfed Evans

Matthew Tutton

Thomas Rowlett (Transferred to Mildenhall)

Peter Collyer (Transferred to Carmarthen)

David Meldrum (Transferred to Edinburgh)

Glen Phillips (Transferred to Reading)

Graeme Gordon (Transferred to Somerset)

Chris Hunt

Wayne Barrett

Gavin Hedge

Daniel Giffard

Andre Cross

James Clement

Peter Collyer

Jason Prynne

Mark Burrows

Jonathan Stevens

Gareth Hickmott

Matt Cambridge

Wayne Broadhurst

Barrie Evans

Mark Burrows

Gavin Hedge

Matthew Wright

James Clement

James Theobald

Andre Cross

Marc Norris

Peter Boast

James Humby

Peter Collyer

Jonathan Stevens

Wayne Barrett (Transferred to Oxford)

Ah, happy days! :approve:

Am I not right (pardon the pun!) in thinking that Matt Wright made an appearance for the Dons (joining a cast of thousands!) in that traumatic 2002 season too..? :unsure:

And I'm certain Barry Burchatt did in '03. Also there was that veteran rider who stepped into the breach at an away match - was it Peterboro' in '03..? :unsure: I think his name was Ron Jones..??

Roger Dickerson... What a top bloke Roger was.. :approve:

Oh, and BTW Tom Brown never rode in a proper competitive match for the Dons (just a challenge match) but I think Chris Schramm did and I can't see his name mentioned..

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. Nice to have such co-operative people around. :lol:

Chris Hunt

Wayne Barrett

Gavin Hedge

Daniel Giffard

Andre Cross

James Clement

Peter Collyer

Jason Prynne

Mark Burrows

Jonathan Stevens

Gareth Hickmott

Matt Cambridge

Yes, it was Ron Jones and there are a few others missing from the '03 listing.

Following the 'model' of '02 (and including all those who made even what was sort of a 'guest' appearance borrowed from an away track..) you need to add not just Jones and the other one I mentioned, Barry Burchatt but also:

John Branney

David Haigh (actually used twice..)

Martin McDermott

I'm wondering if mimmo is just using CL records rather than CT too, because also omitted are the two riders used only in Trophy matches. Shrammy (who I mentioned before) and most signiicantly, Joel Parsons who made six appearances. for the Dons in that competition..

Ah, happy days! :approve:

Am I not right (pardon the pun!) in thinking that Matt Wright made an appearance for the Dons (joining a cast of thousands!) in that traumatic 2002 season too..? :unsure:

And I'm certain Barry Burchatt did in '03. Also there was that veteran rider who stepped into the breach at an away match - was it Peterboro' in '03..? :unsure: I think his name was Ron Jones..??

Roger Dickerson... What a top bloke Roger was.. :approve:

Oh, and BTW Tom Brown never rode in a proper competitive match for the Dons (just a challenge match) but I think Chris Schramm did and I can't see his name mentioned..

I was always surprised at the hasty and unexplained departure of Roger Dickerson, as I was that iof Martin Williams. Like you, I thought Dickerson was a great club man and nice guy to get on with.

I was always surprised at the hasty and unexplained departure of Roger Dickerson, as I was that iof Martin Williams. Like you, I thought Dickerson was a great club man and nice guy to get on with.

Martin wanted to just do grass track I think - he remains a top rider on the grass. He did have a lot of potential as a Speedway rider, I agree.

Roger on the other hand was someone coming back after a long time away...: am guessing at his age the costs just got too much.

I enjoyed my trips to the plush Plough Lane, even if the track was an abomination.

All the best

Rob

Sadly that wasn't really down to us. We would have loved to have used the fabulous original track (used from 1968-1991) but that was tarmaced over and we had little option but to utilise the centre green. We couldn't go in any further either due to the siting of the drainage system.

I agree that the bends were too narrow for the straights but we did see some terrific racing, especially from Buzz & James Wright (my favourite visitor to Plough Lane).

Oxford were always good value on their visits, I recall the Dons sneaking a victory thanks to a last bend engine failure for either Chris Mills or Craig Branney in 2004. Happy days.

We also had the best programme in the CL (that's another drink you owe me DB!).

Rather embrasssing :unsure: but I also need the Wimbledon CL team squads for the 2005 season. i had them in a file on laptop, clicked the wrong button and sent them to trash - and my search system cannot retrieve the data. That are needed to complete the Dons line-up for the second file in my signature. Thanks everyone.

2005 Dons

Grant MacDonald

Mark Burrows

Scott James

Matthew Wright

Andrew Bargh

Peter Collyer

Danny Betson

James Clement

Lee Studwick

Rob Smith

Karl White

Thanx Bazza!!! :approve: Any time for that beer!!!

I wouldn't take too much notice of Rob, though - he slagged off the track EVERY WHERE that Oxford lost.. I remember well him constantly harping on about the "bumpy track" at that place in Kent where uniquely his lot were the ONLY Conference side never to record a win... :rolleyes:

What I miss most about Plough Lane '02 - '05 were all the good friends we had there, the friendly banter among the large crowd and the general sense of good feeling around the place. These are clearly things Rob wouldn't be missing from his also sadly sadly defunct track!! :wink:

Due partly to that bloke who used to write about Dons' history....I always found his articles very interesting. :wink:

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Oct 8 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2005 Dons

Grant MacDonald

Mark Burrows

Scott James

Matthew Wright

Andrew Bargh

Peter Collyer

Danny Betson

James Clement

Lee Studwick

Rob Smith

Karl White

That's quick off the mark! Thank you for your help.