British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedyguy

London Riders Championship

So after the press release telling us they were going to sent out a press release, the press release that most of us said at the time was far too over hyped has proved to be even more over hyped than many of us who said it was over hyped ever thought it could be. LOL

So after the press release telling us they were going to sent out a press release, the press release that most of us said at the time was far too over hyped has proved to be even more over hyped than many of us who said it was over hyped ever thought it could be. LOL

Much like some of your post's Sean :wink:

I agree. No LRC - yet it was a much lauded event set for Lakeside earlier in the year. And wasn't there criticisms of those who tended to think it might not take place? :unsure:

Otherwise as these dates confirm, it's business as usual for the "other motorsport" at the same facility -

ARENA ESSEX

Sunday, 11 October Rookie Bangers plus Ministox Essex Championship & Lightning Rods Supreme Championship

Sunday, 18 October 2L.Bangers Olly Moran Memorial plus 1300 Stock Cars Supreme Championship & Super Bangers Essex.

Sunday, 25 October @1pm Rookie Bangers plus Group A Hot-Rods Supreme, Outlaw Hot-Rods & Brisca F2 Stock Cars W&Y

Sunday, 1 November @ 1. 00pm The Unlimited Open Banger Meeting of the Year plus Gigantic Fireworks Display

One reason being put out for the end of Lakeside's season is that the stadium will not be available. As I mentioned previously, it seems the stadium will be operational into November.

Lakeside first brought up the subject of a 'revived' London Riders Championship. They DO OWE AN EXPLANATION as to why it is being conveneintly forgotten. Not even a line like "plans to stage the London Riders Championship this year have been put on hold" or even "plans to stage the London Riders Championship have been abandoned."

As Lakeside first initiated the championship's return, surely they should give their reason for not staging it...when it appears the venue is still available?

Edited by speedyguy

I agree that it all comes across as a bit shabby, doesn't take much to offer a proper explanation.

I agree that it all comes across as a bit shabby, doesn't take much to offer a proper explanation.

The earlier suggestion from someone 'in the know' at Lakeside (indeed in the know more or less everywhere!!! :rolleyes: ) was as follows:

Why not telephone them during office hours (the number would be in your programme from "the other Monday") and put your queries to their general manager who I feel sure would be happy to answer any queries you might have Parsnips old fruit

Hmm, seems a less than practicable method of communication about why this meeting has been cancelled, to have anyone wondering why to have to 'phone up the GM and ask him..!! :blink:

Methinx they're hoping that everyone's simply forgotten about it... They reckoned without our speedyguy!!! :approve:

There was a write-up on the London Speedway Forum about the possibility of this event being staged. When it is not happening it is hardly likely to be forgotten about is it

Hmm, you've lost me there I'm afraid... :blink:

I think Star ghost is reflecting our concerns that once the topic of a revived London Riders Championship was in the public domain, an answer as to what has happened in it being dropped is much overdue. Like your goodself, I am surprised that after all the 'pre-championship hype' the non-staging is seemingly being conveneiently forgotten by Lakeside.

Edited by speedyguy

There was a write-up on the London Speedway Forum about the possibility of this event being staged. When it is not happening it is hardly likely to be forgotten about is it

WITW! That's interesting! :rolleyes: WITW!

I am now convinced that we just imagined that Lakeside Hammers were going to revive the London Riders Championship this season. Or am I p@*$^%g up a lamp post? :unsure:

Edited by speedyguy

I am now convinced that we just imagined that Lakeside Hammers were going to revive the London Riders Championship this season. Or am I p@*$^%g up a lamp post? :unsure:

Stuart & John have done a fantastic job at lakeside since they took over, but they did not cover themselves in glory on this particular project.

I think there main priority was to get some silverware for the first time which they achieved last night :approve: . This is not an excuse but an explanation.

Lets hope they do not forget the project next season and prove it was not just a promotional exercise to fill a gap.

Sadly I think gap filling was the main priority!

I my opinion, there could have been some mileage in this event if handled correctly, It's just sad there are no London clubs anymore.

Stuart & John have done a fantastic job at lakeside since they took over, but they did not cover themselves in glory on this particular project.

I think there main priority was to get some silverware for the first time which they achieved last night :approve: . This is not an excuse but an explanation.

Lets hope they do not forget the project next season and prove it was not just a promotional exercise to fill a gap.

Sadly I think gap filling was the main priority!

I my opinion, there could have been some mileage in this event if handled correctly, It's just sad there are no London clubs anymore.

The sad thing is that Lakeside have still to state there will be no London Riders Championship (after all the ballyhoo about its return earlier in the season) and tell us why. Or is it because Lakeside do not recognise the prestige surrounding this historic event?

REMEMBER THIS PROMISE...?

Wednesday 22nd April 2009

LONDON'S SPEEDWAY HERITAGE REMEMBERED AND REVIVED

The Promoters of Lakeside Speedway are delighted to announce that on Friday July 17th the Club will host the London Riders Championship, having received the support and blessing of its traditional custodian, Len Silver.

The meeting is being revived to celebrate 80 years of League Racing in Britain and to ensure that support is gained for the continuation of top level Speedway in Greater London, once the Arena Essex Raceway succumbs to the plans of the Thames Gateway project.
The day itself will be a celebration of all things London Speedway with a field of riders chosen by fans of the old London clubs and taking to the track in the most iconic of those club’s race jackets, again chosen by the fans.

REMEMBER THIS PROMISE...?

Wednesday 22nd April 2009

LONDON'S SPEEDWAY HERITAGE REMEMBERED AND REVIVED

The Promoters of Lakeside Speedway are delighted to announce that on Friday July 17th the Club will host the London Riders Championship, having received the support and blessing of its traditional custodian, Len Silver.

The meeting is being revived to celebrate 80 years of League Racing in Britain and to ensure that support is gained for the continuation of top level Speedway in Greater London, once the Arena Essex Raceway succumbs to the plans of the Thames Gateway project.
The day itself will be a celebration of all things London Speedway with a field of riders chosen by fans of the old London clubs and taking to the track in the most iconic of those club’s race jackets, again chosen by the fans.

Lakesdie are giving details of next year's season ticket availability. No word about NEXT YEAR'S London Riders Championship :unsure: nor an explanation about why this year's proposed championship cancellation has been 'swept under the carpet'!

Edited by speedyguy