British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ozyace

Wayville 22nd November

I have been biting my tounge on this one for a little while now, but Rod Colquhoun has signed up Adams, Sullivan, Todd & Johnno so far for this event (rumors are Crump & Jorgenson will also be there) which will include Sidecars, Sprintcars, Demo Derby and the obligatory fireworks. I don't know the format of the program but I'm sure you will be able to find out more when the latest SRN is out later on this week. I will try to make it over but seriously doubt that the funds will get me there with the Oz titles following six weeks later. :-(

It's good to see Rod doing such a good job in securing these guys to ride in this event - keep up the good work :approve:

Anyone in Adelaide not going to Mildura for round 3 of Oz titles this may be your last chance to see Todd ride - so tell your friends and neighbours and support this event. As Con Migro would say 'Get your backside trackside' - even if it's to see the amazing O'Brien brothers on their sidecar. 8)

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Ozyace, is my memory failing or is that a round of the Ivan Mauger Golden Helmet series ?

I seem to recall they are racing all over the place including Ayr in Nth Qld, Labrador on the Gold Coast, Wayville, and Gosford. Shame I can't get to Wayville as there is a clash with a local meeting and I have promised to take two first time speedway spectators along that night who want to see what all the fuss is about.

Good on Rod if he has managed to get a good field together.

I have been biting my tounge on this one for a little while now, but Rod Colquhoun has signed up Adams, Sullivan, Todd & Johnno so far for this event (rumors are Crump & Jorgenson will also be there) which will include Sidecars, Sprintcars, Demo Derby and the obligatory fireworks. I don't know the format of the program but I'm sure you will be able to find out more when the latest SRN is out later on this week. I will try to make it over but seriously doubt that the funds will get me there with the Oz titles following six weeks later. :-(

It's good to see Rod doing such a good job in securing these guys to ride in this event - keep up the good work :approve:

Anyone in Adelaide not going to Mildura for round 3 of Oz titles this may be your last chance to see Todd ride - so tell your friends and neighbours and support this event. As Con Migro would say 'Get your backside trackside' - even if it's to see the amazing O'Brien brothers on their sidecar. 8)

Looks like Mr Crump won't be there. He said he won't be riding in Oz this summer or in the Swedish League next season. See story

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/st...tory=71137.html

its a bit dissapointing to read that article...you would have thought he could have done a few meets at least to give the oz fans some sort of a show?...i totally agree with him regards the swedish elite though...may help him stay more focused and freaher....but still think he should take in a few appearences down under....i mean when he wins stuff he maintains hes a fully committed australian so why cant he try and prove that to the folks back home??!..i like jason..have a lot of time for him but i think this isnt good for his image to be truthful.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

To be honest Jason has been one of the better ones at riding back at home each Australian summer. Even though we would love him to ride I think he has built up enough "brownie points" to be at least partially if not fully excused. If it means he wins the world championship next year then he will be excused !!

It's the perpetual "no appearance your worship" riders that really get up my nose, we don't expect them to ride every single meeting but one or two in the 5 months between October and March doesn't seem a lot to ask.

I think its dissapointing, but understandable. He's had a tough year, i just wonder if he had of become World Champ would he have rode or not :?: