British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

World Finals On Dvd

Me a misery? I think I gave you one of my prints in the past. I have given so many away I have forgotten who to and why now. I am not going down this road. If the guy has permission to reproduce them fine I do not have a problem with it. If does not I hope the owners of the copyright sue his nuts off. I would if it was it my property and you would pole axe him it seems.

If say those videos are owned by the likes of 'Getty Images', he will lose his house. American lawyers, high court (not small claims court) big fees. Look it up moxey. Google it.

Damn!

I like my house too!

Oops and I don't have nuts! still guess that is a plus for me huh? :blink:

probably find most of these places are not in business anymore!

heck I have copied most of my old Speedway Video's to DVD, don't have a Video Player hooked up to the Plasma in the lounge now a days don't ya know! :wink:

Damn!

I like my house too!

Oops and I don't have nuts! still guess that is a plus for me huh? :blink:

probably find most of these places are not in business anymore!

heck I have copied most of my old Speedway Video's to DVD, don't have a Video Player hooked up to the Plasma in the lounge now a days don't ya know! :wink:

Suze. I think I have given some prints to you in the past. Did you offer the postage like Lupus did? She has been the only one ever as it happens.

Anyway, I am talking about re-selling them and having a business connected to selling them. Not for personal use. So, I think your house is safe. :)

(And your nuts.)

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Suze. I think I have given some prints to you in the past. Did you offer the postage like Lupus did? She has been the only one ever as it happens.

Anyway, I am talking about re-selling them and having a business connected to selling them. Not for personal use. So, I think your house is safe. :)

(And your nuts.)

James! I offered to pay you for the actual prints! you cheeky monkey! x

Me a misery? I think I gave you one of my prints in the past. I have given so many away I have forgotten who to and why now. I am not going down this road. If the guy has permission to reproduce them fine I do not have a problem with it. If does not I hope the owners of the copyright sue his nuts off. I would if it was it my property and you would pole axe him it seems.

If say those videos are owned by the likes of 'Getty Images', he will lose his house. American lawyers, high court (not small claims court) big fees. Look it up moxey. Google it.

Yes, I did win (not given) one of your prints in the past, and how I had to lick your shoes after I tried to make a good natured joke, an off-the-cough remark that brought a childish response from you. It made me at one point feel I didn't want the print, such was your tantrum.

I know about the copyright laws, but we are talking about a few speedway videos that will bring a bit of joy into somebody's life, not one of these Bittorrent sites where you can download any of the latest movies. If doing this is such a crime, why has Youtube got loads of clips on there?

James! I offered to pay you for the actual prints! you cheeky monkey! x

This man seems a bit of an Indian giver.

Yes, I did win (not given) one of your prints in the past, and how I had to lick your shoes after I tried to make a good natured joke, an off-the-cough remark that brought a childish response from you. It made me at one point feel I didn't want the print, such was your tantrum.

I know about the copyright laws, but we are talking about a few speedway videos that will bring a bit of joy into somebody's life, not one of these Bittorrent sites where you can download any of the latest movies. If doing this is such a crime, why has Youtube got loads of clips on there?

It seems to me you know little about anything really. You could always return it if you wish. Ignorance (which you demonstrate plenty of examples just on this thread is no defence in law. 'Sorry ocifer I did not know it was against the law to drink and drive..) I killed him because he stole my property etc.

Grow up.

It seems to me you know little about anything really. You could always return it if you wish. Ignorance (which you demonstrate plenty of examples just on this thread is no defence in law. 'Sorry ocifer I did not know it was against the law to drink and drive..) I killed him because he stole my property etc.

Grow up.

Me grow up? I don't know anything? So how come I, Mr. Ignorant, had to supply you with the answer to a question you needed - that's why I won the print. Remember?

Jim, if you want the print back, pay the postage and you can have it. Sums you up really, taking from the winners the prizes you've given away. How pathetic.

Breaking into someone's house and stealing their property is a lot worse than copying a few videos from 30-odd years ago. You may live in a world of crayons Jim, but please act more grown up.

Listen Moxey. I gave you that print with a good heart or won for what? You never sent it back though. As I have done everyone else and injured riders funds etc. I am not an indian giver. I give with a good grace. But like you and I do not think you have thought through the implications, like others that copied others copyright. What ever print you have (I forget now) I most likey paid a fee to paint it to the photographer. I spent 40 hours painting it and around £1000 to get it printed. Its a part of me. I object to anyone stealing it without my permission by a right click of the mouse in their back bedroom.

Its in the public domain now how you respond to anyone that might be thinking of stealing something from you. I did not make any posts on this thread to fall out with anyone. Maybe, we can have a beer or two in the future. I hope so. Its not you I am really having a go at rather than you having a poke at me for asking if it was right. I am 60 so maybe I need to grow up a little more

But my motto is rip me off and I'll have your nuts for garters. Its not quite as bad as you though with a crowbar is it?. Though I am with you all the way and would expect it if I stole your property. Why do you not agree with me for others stealing though?

Jim

Yeah

All great stories but just to get to the point. Are the dvds reproduced legite (the topic seems to have been forgotten) it's

about the World Final's is it not ? What prints, crow bars, houses, or anything else really got to do with the topic at all.

Typical speedway riders/fans lol

Yeah

All great stories but just to get to the point. Are the dvds reproduced legite (the topic seems to have been forgotten) it's

about the World Final's is it not ? What prints, crow bars, houses, or anything else really got to do with the topic at all.

Typical speedway riders/fans lol

I suggest, jawa10 is it, to PM the seller to find out the information you require. That's what I would have done.

Although i think i,ll be buying this for my dad for christmas dont suppose you have the gary havelock testimonial on dvd??

Si.

well to clear up the mystery here, i know for a fact that Speedway Crazy was banned from ebay for selling these DVDs, presumably because a copyright owner reported him. that is why he is selling them on BSF as it is less risky than ebay i would think.

having said that, i personally think that if it was broadcast on World of Sport in 70s or 80s, it is unlikely ITV will want to use the footage again so i don't see that as a big deal. However, if it belongs to a company such as Re-Run or somebody similar, they may well want to sell these themselves and so i consider that theft.

yes its all theft technically, but its whether it is useable to the owners that matters in my opinion. i may be wrong.

I'm looking specifically for the 1990 world final in Bradford - Do you have that on DVD and would you sell it individually?

Thanks!

Hi,

All sent off, I hope you enjoyed it...it was a great meeting!

Regards

Paul

• Like 1