British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

really looking forward to travelling to sunny scunny, 1 track ive never been to

really looking forward to travelling to sunny scunny, 1 track ive never been to

Sun in England in December? :wink:

Sun in England in December? :wink:

we always have the sun in sunny scunny Lorna and the best food... you should know :P:mad:

Excellent Christmas and New Year then! Scunny on 27th December and Newport on 3rd January :D

All we need now is a meeting in February! :approve:

Yeah and March......oh hang on....

i''ll be making the trip, hopefully it won't be as cold as last years short track meeting, that was freeezing.

and ill wear my christmas hat for the last time :D

Currently declared riders are:

David Howe

Carl Wilkinson

Simon Lambert

Jerran Hart

Ritchie Hawkins

Andrew Tully

Richard Hall

Josh Auty

Benjamin Borgers

More riders will be announced over the next day or two.

Taken from www.scunthorpespeedway.com (quicker than I thought):

Christmas Cracker line-up takes shape

Scunthorpe Speedway are pleased to announce that Newport’s Jordan Frampton, Rye House’s Luke Bowen and former Newport rider Brent Werner have been added to the line-up for the Christmas Cracker meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Sunday 27th December. They join 2010 Scorpions David Howe, Carl Wilkinson, Simon Lambert and Jerran Hart plus four former Scorpions’ riders. Ritchie Hawkins, who has just signed for Somerset, will return along with Edinburgh’s Andrew Tully and Sheffield pair Richard Hall and Josh Auty. Belgian rider Benjamin Borgers, who had looked set to ride for Stoke last season, is the other rider confirmed leaving just four places to be filled.

Commenting on the additions Promoter Rob Godfrey declared “It’s certainly coming together a bit better than the Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting line-up. I guess those riders who are in the country and want to ride haven’t got other commitments to worry about. December 27th is a nothing day for most people. Christmas has been and gone but they haven’t got to go to work. There isn’t much on so what better than go racing at Scunthorpe”.

“I’m pleased with the riders we’re getting booked because they’ve all shown they can race with the best around our track. The four former Scorpions all know their way around our track and in Richard Hall, Andrew Tully and Josh Auty we have three born racers with legendary records at Scunthorpe. Tully and Hall are actually former track record holders and then the latest three riders have ridden well at our place. Jordan Frampton and Luke Bowen were both paid for double figures on their last visits whilst I remember Brent Werner winning an outstanding race against Magnus Karlsson when he came earlier this year. Benjamin Borgers has had a practice in the summer and looked quick until he blew an engine so I’m sure it’s going to be usual feast of great racing that our track produces”.

“I remember Magnus Karlsson’s delight at being the winner of the first Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting and I’m sure it’s going to be the same for the first Christmas Cracker. I feel sure speedway fans from all over the country will support this meeting because it’s just what they need after two months without seeing any racing and where better to see racing of the highest pedigree. Graham Trollope is an outstanding track curator so we’ll be aiming to have a great race strip just as we always do. I’m sure it is going to be a day to remember”.

we always have the sun in sunny scunny Lorna and the best food... you should know :P:mad:

Does that mean the icecream van will be there? The good ol' icecream man and his nobbly bobblies. :lol:

From www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Doolan and Tabaka join Cracker line-up

King’s Lynn’s Kevin Doolan and Hungarian Jozsef Tabaka have been added to the line-up for the inaugural Christmas Cracker meeting at Scunthorpe on Sunday 27th December. Doolan was fourth in the Premier League averages last season and has been one of the outstanding visiting riders to the Eddie Wright Raceway whilst 20-year old Tabaka is the Hungarian Under-21 Champion and performed well to reach the World Under-21 Final as a reserve.

The additions take the number of riders up to fourteen and promoter Rob Godfrey is delighted with the way the field is coming together. “We have deliberately steered away from Elite League riders because we want an open field where a whole host of riders can claim victory. If we had just got one of two top Elite League riders then it would have been very easy to pick a winner”.

“Kevin Doolan will be a real challenger along with so many of the field. Immediately you have to add the four former Scorpions (Andrew Tully, Richard Hall, Josh Auty and Ritchie Hawkins) and the four current Scorpions (David Howe, Carl Wilkinson, Simon Lambert and Jerran Hart). Jordan Frampton, Luke Bowen and Brent Werner have all performed well on our track whilst the two riders travelling over from the continent, Tabaka and Benjamin Borgers, will be real unknown quantities”.

“Tabaka in particular has a high pedigree. I understand he did well in the European Championships and World Under-21 Championship. He was third in the Hungarian Championship behind Matej Ferjan and Norbert Magosi so it will be interesting to see how he goes round our track”.

“We’ve got two spaces left to fill and I’m sure we’ll be able to add two more riders who can mix it with the best in the field. I’m certain the meeting will produce some great racing because all our meetings do and what better Christmas present could we give the sport’s fans than the first meeting in the country for two months”.

Edited by Scunny Stag