British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

Taken from www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Christmas Speedway meeting – 27th December

The speedway season officially ends this week and isn’t due to start again until March 2010. However, fans will only have to wait two months before they can get their next fix of the adrenaline-packed sport and it will be on arguably the best race track in the country. Scunthorpe Speedway have purchased the rights to run the inaugural Christmas Cracker speedway meeting on Sunday 27th December at 3pm and the club are hoping it’s central location and proximity to the motorway network will encourage fans from all over the country to come witness the quality of racing at the Eddie Wright Raceway for themselves.

Commenting on the announcement Scunthorpe Speedway Promoter Rob Godfrey hoped the meeting would prove popular with the sport’s fans. “With our amateur meetings we have a proven we can produce a decent race surface in the winter and I see the British Speedway Forum fans seem to be voting our track as the best in the Premier League. Of course all the fans who haven’t visited us yet maybe won’t be aware of how good the racing is here but if they saw the meeting on Sky against Sheffield then that was really just a typical meeting”.

“The meeting will be an ‘individual’ and probably 16 riders over 20 heats but that has yet to be decided. By 27th December I’m sure everyone will have had enough of Christmas and will want to get outside and get some fresh air. We’re just five minutes from the end of the motorway so what could be better than for fans to come and get a whiff of Castrol R40 (the racing oil that gives speedway bikes their distinctive smell) and some outstanding racing at the Eddie Wright Raceway?”

Edited by Scunny Stag

Excellent Christmas and New Year then! Scunny on 27th December and Newport on 3rd January :D

All we need now is a meeting in February! :approve:

have it on the 21st then for a change i can have speedway on my birthday and have it up here

Great news we shall be there for sure ,will be great to get to see some speedway in the winter and on the 27th Dec to get away from Christmas ,

Excellent :D Bloody early start for me that day but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Edited by SCB

Well that has just brightened up my christmas prospect, by the 27th i am usually twiddling my thumps bored so thats a must for me. No doubt when i tell me mum & dad they will be happy with the news aswell.

Si.

Looks like a good idea... I've got work on the 28th so cant go away til after that, so chances are pretty good of going to this. :D

Excellent Christmas and New Year then! Scunny on 27th December and Newport on 3rd January :D

All we need now is a meeting in February! :approve:

Your wish will be granted then Phil, as King's Lynn are staging an open meeting in February (date still to be confirmed).

there's meetings every month at scunny ... be it amateur racing

you get some very good rider's there through the winter & the track still produces good racing

50 + heats in four hours .. and its free entry for spectators

details can be found on there website

im looking forward to the xmas cracker meeting .. im hoping that they can get some big names to race

maybe a few who couldnt make the kenny smith meeting

i would love to see a few more elite / gp riders showing there support to scunny's fantastic race track

there's meetings every month at scunny ... be it amateur racing

you get some very good rider's there through the winter & the track still produces good racing

50 + heats in four hours .. and its free entry for spectators

details can be found on there website

im looking forward to the xmas cracker meeting .. im hoping that they can get some big names to race

maybe a few who couldnt make the kenny smith meeting

i would love to see a few more elite / gp riders showing there support to scunny's fantastic race track

What so you can serve them chips :lol:

Should this fixture not show up on the BSPA list along with the New Year Classic as well as 'The British Season Starts in March 2010'? :unsure:

Got this one marked on the calendar.

Hopefully it will be a decent field and we can all get a mid-winter speedway fix whilst having a few festive beverages.

:)

Your wish will be granted then Phil, as King's Lynn are staging an open meeting in February (date still to be confirmed).

Yes had heard a whisper Mike, good news mate :wink:

Especially as I wont be able to attend the Newport meeting now due to a family engagement.

Ah well as Meatloaf said ' two outta three aint bad' :lol:

Add to that the Speedway Museum day in February, the speedway show at Ryton and for the first time this year 'The Suffolk Speedway show' and we have a fair bit to look forward to in the lead up to the 2010 season.