British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lynnboy

Help! Hotels For Cardiff 2010

hi can anyone help i need 2 twin rooms for the saturday night for the british gp but dont want to pay 200 quid a room anyone know of some guest houses which could be cheaper ?

thanks

hi can anyone help i need 2 twin rooms for the saturday night for the british gp but dont want to pay 200 quid a room anyone know of some guest houses which could be cheaper ?

thanks

Try the Wales Tourist Board. There are dozens of guest houses and B&Bs on the Newport Road side of the city. Or, alternatively, stay in Newport and get the train in, like we do!

thanks

Come and join us in the wind and rain at Lavernock camp site :lol:

You could always try the University. Won't get twin rooms, but we had single rooms there, board only, for £25 each last year. There were kitchen facilities if you wanted to get yourself some breakfast.

You could always try the University. Won't get twin rooms, but we had single rooms there, board only, for £25 each last year. There were kitchen facilities if you wanted to get yourself some breakfast.

Sounds like heaven :rolleyes:

Bad News For Fans of Chippy Alley

Will the traditional chippies and kebab shops be replaced by Juice and salad bars in time for the 2010 Cardiff GP? :shock:

thanks

I do understand that some may find it hard to raise the cash for Cardiff, but I put money aside each week to fund my trip, and believe me, pushing the boat out a bit does make the weekend a lot better than roughing it.

I do understand that some may find it hard to raise the cash for Cardiff, but I put money aside each week to fund my trip, and believe me, pushing the boat out a bit does make the weekend a lot better than roughing it.

100% agree ..... Got a good hotel booked for two nights right in the city centre, hopefully funded by the cash I put away each week since I quit the fags ..... Already have enough for the petrol for the return journey from London to Cardiff ..... I wouldn't want to stumble out of the Walkabout at 2am, only to find that I had to negotiate my way to a crappy bed and breakfast in Newport ..... Top price GP ticket already purchased from a couple of wins on the dogs last summer :approve:

100% agree ..... Got a good hotel booked for two nights right in the city centre, hopefully funded by the cash I put away each week since I quit the fags ..... Already have enough for the petrol for the return journey from London to Cardiff ..... I wouldn't want to stumble out of the Walkabout at 2am, only to find that I had to negotiate my way to a crappy bed and breakfast in Newport ..... Top price GP ticket already purchased from a couple of wins on the dogs last summer :approve:

Sounds nice. You haven't been for a while, have you?

Sounds nice. You haven't been for a while, have you?
2008 was my first and only GP so far ..... Went to the PL pairs this year and borrowed an armchair on the Friday night for a couple of hours, but couldn't stay for the GP unfortunately, due to a vindictive ex wife who wouldn't have the kids on the Saturday. :angry:

2008 was my first and only GP so far ..... Went to the PL pairs this year and borrowed an armchair on the Friday night for a couple of hours, but couldn't stay for the GP unfortunately, due to a vindictive ex wife who wouldn't have the kids on the Saturday. :angry:

I've been since 2007, and it gets better each time. Met loads of cool people last year, including Holta. The 2 Swedish girls we met on the friday, and spent the whole weekend with, were great company, the group of lads from Croydon, who were messy before the racing began, were a great laugh, hope to see them next year, meeting and chatting with Holta in the hotel at the end of the night, the Cov lads with us, getting smashed both nights, bloody great. if you try to do it on the cheap, you miss all that.

Where you staying Shadders?
Two nights booked in the Park Inn shazz ..... You?

I've been since 2007, and it gets better each time. Met loads of cool people last year, including Holta. The 2 Swedish girls we met on the friday, and spent the whole weekend with, were great company, the group of lads from Croydon, who were messy before the racing began, were a great laugh, hope to see them next year, meeting and chatting with Holta in the hotel at the end of the night, the Cov lads with us, getting smashed both nights, bloody great. if you try to do it on the cheap, you miss all that.
I enjoyed the social more than the speedway in 2008 ..... Cracking atmosphere in Walkabout on the Friday night/Saturday morning this year Edited by Shadders

Two nights booked in the Park Inn shazz ..... You

Cardiff north?

Edited by srbramble

Cardiff north?
I didn't know there was more than one Park Inn ..... All I know it's five minutes walk from Cardiff Central Station and across the road from the Big Sleep