British Speedway Forum
Bryn

2009 Agm News

Oh and yet again it seems they have forgotten about the NL!! What a load of crap!

Because this is the BSPA AGM. The CL Chairmen have their AGM in January.

Oh well, suppose we should be relieved there's nothing much announced. The statement is usually met with incredulity so it makes apleasant change to see they've not spent 3 days tinkering! Begs th question what have they been doing over the weekend though? :lol:

Disappointed some of the glaring loopholes haven't been closed...team building up to 42 points after 12 meetings being one of them.

OMG -

What are we going to argue about over the next 5 months!!!

Do the BSPA not understand that the rules changes are not for the good of the sport but for the sanity of forum members over the winter months!!! :wink::lol:

Oh well, suppose we should be relieved there's nothing much announced. The statement is usually met with incredulity so it makes apleasant change to see they've not spent 3 days tinkering! Begs th question what have they been doing over the weekend though? :lol:

Disappointed some of the glaring loopholes haven't been closed...team building up to 42 points after 12 meetings being one of them.

Increduity :lol: great word rabski .

As i said you would thought atfer last years mess and the trouble it cause that the 42 after12 matches rubbish it would have been the first thing to be binned .

And least with Pooles team this year it will up to others to get riders to drop points and get dodgy sick notes etc etc around the 12 match cut off .

Edited by orion

Okay - double post (maybe) but I think Ive just changed my mind about the winter!!!

So we get a official statement not accredited to anyone giving us the 'news or lack of'.

Then we get a 2nd statement a short time later accredited to Jonathan Chapman.

Firsty there may be more news now but we have to wait for Tuesday but my big concern here is -

that Jonathan Chapman issues a statement. What next, one from Matt Ford and then one from Jon Cook.

Sorry but this committee needs to sort this out NOW - be united. Press releases come from the MC of the BSPA - not individuals.

This is a worrying start - will we have a committee who will end up trying to manage on their own.

Please - I hope not!!!!! :unsure:

OMG -

What are we going to argue about over the next 5 months!!

At least we won't have to put up with Liontamers crap jokes ..... I'd like to see more news of Squirrel and Beercellar over the winter break as a kind of forum soap

At least we won't have to put up with Liontamers crap jokes ..... I'd like to see more news of Squirrel and Beercellar over the winter break as a kind of forum soap

No - Liontamer over BC and SN anyday please!

What a complete bag of Pish

So once again the fans have been Ignored

Forward and Downward we Go :sad:

Sorry but this committee needs to sort this out NOW - be united. Press releases come from the MC of the BSPA - not individuals.

This is a worrying start - will we have a committee who will end up trying to manage on their own.

Please - I hope not!!!!! :unsure:

Too many egos perhaps?

It is disappointing. I agree that " not tinkering with the rules" is a good thing but what is needed is radical change. However, no doubt more rules changes will be made as the season progresses - like every other year.

It's always been a BSPA ploy Sandie...statements have historically been allocated to one promoter or other to get out to the masses. In some cases I think it's the one in the firing line who took a step forwards whilst the others took one back. :lol:

It would be nice if someone like you would pull your head out of the clouds for one moment and listen to the concerns of others.

This is something that I try to do in my posts...

The problem I have is the insistance of making things "compulsary" without a period of integration.

Because many fans only seemingly care for their clubs - in their league and do not think of the ramifications that filters down to the lower levels.

The past two seasons have seen great work in the Amateur / Hobby side to the sport - which was really needed if we are to ever produce good speedway riders - and yet it is still not accepted by 1. Authorities 2. Speedway Press 3. Most Fans.

1. Silencers - these are being pushed in due to 1 known club to be under threat...

Yes they may be needed to secure the future of the sport - although it did not need to be pushed and enforced for the forthcoming season with very little in the way of testing - not at all levels.

We even discussed a method of integration which would see them used by everyone in a period of 2 - 3 years, so that money can be saved up in readiness.

2 Cutout fiasco - again pushed onto riders without enough testing or integration - it was all rumours and nothing solid for a long time and then suddenly enforced - no one knew what was going on, a lot of money was spent and wasted... and it was dropped.

The cutouts that have been used for years work - but more could have certainly be done track side to ensure that the rule of using them was enforced.

3. Huggers - this is a new found "problem" - yes we want to reduce risks of injury, but again its being rushed due to the World Champion getting a friction burn injury. The current mudguard / pushbar system has been used for years.

We know its a problem and needs to be rectified, by why insist on rushing in a non solution to a problem instead of taking a bit of time in the research and development stages.

4. Standardisation - I cant see how just changing a helmet colour is standardisation. For 1 the GP series is an FIM individual competition, not team.

The league structures and racing is different in both Sweden and Poland. Again no period of integration.

Your comment about saving prices now and having no sport is nonsense too....

by placing these costs onto riders now is killing the sport... whereas over a period of time it would be a softer blow.

I have never said we need some of these items in the sport - although there never seems a thought towards the riders who are just starting - or struggle to survive with the costs.

Elite riders wont have so many problems due to sponsorships - but these whittle down as you move down the leagues... so the riders who real feel the sting is those who ride for fun - or those who are just starting out and could potentially secure the sports very future which you say is being killed by not letting the costs happen now. A paradox in your eyes???

I will fight to the end for that of Amateur and Hobby riders - until more consideration is taken for them - and I believe my views are valid for one of those who will actually feel the costs unlike you who doesnt.

Can you actively say that Promoters are putting big money in - when you seem blind to see that money is being taken out in other ways...

and where is this money actually going - because it doesnt seem to be going on the actual promotion sides of things at some clubs!!!!

You make some very valid points as always Snapper. Wouldn't bother wasting your time replying to Tsunami the joker!

Peolpe are always complaing about the constant rule changes in our sport. Then when things are pretty much left as they are at the AGM people are whinging on here about the lack of news and changes.

I think it a good idea the BSPA have stopped tinkering as much as they have done in the past.

Hmm..that second BSPA site post is more like it - 'details of rule alterations' - now should we be worried? Have they been lulling us into a false sense of security? ;)

Quote from the BSPA statement:-

"It was quite clear from the start that every single club in the country believes that the fundamentals of our sport are absolutely correct and we didn't need to spend our time tinkering with rule changes, instead we concentrated on taking the sport forward in a positive manner and the appointment of a youthful Management Committee reflected exactly that".

Words fail me.... :blink: