British Speedway Forum
gaztrotter

2010 Grand Prix wildcards

I defininely prefer Harris to Richardson, at least if Bomber misses the gate you know he will try everything for four laps, not suffer the tactical engine failure on lap four if behind! :wink:

I prefer some one who can get the better results .... i watch Harris get in 4th place and stay in 4th place it's no wonder we don't win anythink with mind sets lke that .

90 % of Speedway is about how good are you from the gate somethink the uk fan tends not understand . This year in the gp Harris has given out zero value to the fan as he has been so far back nothing clever about that .

as well as.....

He's never thrown a sickie.. :rolleyes:

He doesn't whinge....+++++ and the rest!

He turns up to every meeting...testimonials included... :approve:

He's entertaining..

Ultimately, he's got issues to address, we all know that , but he's not a waster :blink:

Don't winge ? he's done nothing but winge about Nicholls the last two seasons ..and still going on bout him all the radio last week ....he causes nothing but trouble at cov and team gb because not old enough to sort out his tiff with scott .

Don't winge ? he's done nothing but winge about Nicholls the last two seasons ..and still going on bout him all the radio last week ....he causes nothing but trouble at cov and team gb because not old enough to sort out his tiff with scott .

It's not just me then? :rolleyes:

Thanks Orion :approve:

Ok so you don't like Harris but in his last season in the GP Richardson was certainly more embarassing to watch IMO

Ok so you don't like Harris but in his last season in the GP Richardson was certainly more embarassing to watch IMO

Nothing could more embrarassing than watching someone out of camera shot as harris was most of the year ....maybe if he cut out staying up most of the night before a gp it would help. ?

When has he said he doesn't like Chris Harris :unsure: ?

He has however, highlighted the unprofessional and disgraceful way Chris Harris conducted himself in the CWR interview.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques

I was uncomfortable with bomber's inclusion too but if you were forced to choose a brit on merit you'd surely have to go with the British Champion. With, hopefully, some dirt on the GP tracks surely he'll do a little better next year. Still not a top eight finisher though methinks but he should finish the year with more confidence.

Thank gawd for that - someone else who refuses to be blinded by the sun that seems to shine from a certain location other than in the sky.

Quite frankly I've not been impressed by this alleged ongoing spat between the pair of them, but I was SERIOUSLY unimpressed with the childish umprofessional 'playground-like' almost name-calling on a public radio programme by one Mr Harris. Time to grow up now.

I'm not party to what happens or is said in the pits or who does or does not get on with who. However, I will ask one question. If Nicholls was so roundly disliked at Coventry by his team mates, how did they manage to 'put asside their differences' so well to allow them to pull together so completely to wipe the floor with all opposition in 2007? I may be completely wrong, but that's not the behaviour of a team that hates their skipper so vehemently as has been alleged.

However, this is not a Coventry or Harris v Nicholls thread, so back to the subject at hand...

I agree with what has been said about Rico not being worthy of a place in the GPs. Equally, reinforcing the delusion that Harris is so wonderful by giving him another go in the GPs when he was so far off the pace helps neither him, the credibility of the GPs or British speedway in general. Until Harris gets a wake up call from not being in the GPs and moved out of his cosy Coventry comfort zone he won't be given the incentive or test of his determination needed to make the changes necessary to progress any further.

The GP organisers were derided for continually giving Nicholls a wildcard, but he was never that far down the previous season's scoresheet when they did - so surely now Harris should receive the same 'beggar' status that was harshly bestowed on Nicholls. I also don't believe Tai was either ready for or justified a place either - just yet. There are plenty of other non-Brits ahead in the pecking order.

So no Brits in the GPs would be my vote for next year - at least that way we wouldn't give other countries justifiable cause to complain about the special treatment we receive or, worse, to take pity on us for needing a leg up every year. Lets see the Brits get there by rights and restore some credibility.

Nothing could more embrarassing than watching someone out of camera shot as harris was most of the year ....maybe if he cut out staying up most of the night before a gp it would help. ?

If you think Harris was bad for that then get ready for Holder, It wouldn't surprise me if he turned up for GPs with a hangover.

Silly me, I thought they were representing GB.

The thought that they represent GB is just silly.

They are English and they represent England

So no Brits in the GPs would be my vote for next year

..but with the greatest respect you have no say in it, or any money at risk.

..but with the greatest respect you have no say in it, or any money at risk.

Daft comment. None of us have any say in it or any money at risk. We're still entitled to discuss it. Its interesting to see what other people think even if we don't agree with them. Thats the whole point of the forum.

Gollob, Lindgren, Andersen, Hancock, Crump, Pedersen, Sajfudinov, Holta, Hampel, Holder. More than enough reasons why Harris' inclusion is a complete waste of time. And before anybody says it, Woffindens inclusion is for totally different reasons to Harris, so no comparisons please.

Edited by srbramble

Thank gawd for that - someone else who refuses to be blinded by the sun that seems to shine from a certain location other than in the sky.

Quite frankly I've not been impressed by this alleged ongoing spat between the pair of them, but I was SERIOUSLY unimpressed with the childish umprofessional 'playground-like' almost name-calling on a public radio programme by one Mr Harris. Time to grow up now.

I'm not party to what happens or is said in the pits or who does or does not get on with who. However, I will ask one question. If Nicholls was so roundly disliked at Coventry by his team mates, how did they manage to 'put asside their differences' so well to allow them to pull together so completely to wipe the floor with all opposition in 2007? I may be completely wrong, but that's not the behaviour of a team that hates their skipper so vehemently as has been alleged.

However, this is not a Coventry or Harris v Nicholls thread, so back to the subject at hand...

I agree with what has been said about Rico not being worthy of a place in the GPs. Equally, reinforcing the delusion that Harris is so wonderful by giving him another go in the GPs when he was so far off the pace helps neither him, the credibility of the GPs or British speedway in general. Until Harris gets a wake up call from not being in the GPs and moved out of his cosy Coventry comfort zone he won't be given the incentive or test of his determination needed to make the changes necessary to progress any further.

The GP organisers were derided for continually giving Nicholls a wildcard, but he was never that far down the previous season's scoresheet when they did - so surely now Harris should receive the same 'beggar' status that was harshly bestowed on Nicholls. I also don't believe Tai was either ready for or justified a place either - just yet. There are plenty of other non-Brits ahead in the pecking order.

So no Brits in the GPs would be my vote for next year - at least that way we wouldn't give other countries justifiable cause to complain about the special treatment we receive or, worse, to take pity on us for needing a leg up every year. Lets see the Brits get there by rights and restore some credibility.

Must agree, the sooner our so called English/British super stars are given a kick up the a*s, the better. They should be forced to qualify on ability through the GP qualifying rounds. No place for winning the "Mickey Mouse British Riders Championship"!

We're still entitled to discuss it. Its interesting to see what other people think even if we don't agree with them. Thats the whole point of the forum.

Absolutely agree that we are entitled to discuss it, and it is very interesting, however some people continue to make suggestions that would cost the organisers loads of money and seem unable to accept that money is an issue.

It is a very real issue, and unfortunately we are stuck with it.

Me, I'd like to see 15 English riders in the SGP, but I accept that we are a little short of class to achieve that, and anyone who won from that sort of field wouldnt be a worthy world champion.