British Speedway Forum
norbold

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhh!

Nigel

So glad you're taking it in the way it was meant. By the way, I would have liked my name to be Nigel - anything's better than Cedrick!

Moxey .. Im to long in the tooth to get wound up about a bit of micky taking over my name.. it dont bother me.. just banter...

hope you have taken things in the same spirit ;)

Nigel

So glad you're taking it in the way it was meant. By the way, I would have liked my name to be Nigel - anything's better than Cedrick!

I get some good laughs on this Forum - thank you for that. :lol::lol::lol: (Sorry about the Smilies)

Moxey .. Im to long in the tooth to get wound up about a bit of micky taking over my name.. it dont bother me.. just banter...

hope you have taken things in the same spirit ;)

Nigel

Nothing wrong with your name, so don't go changing it on my account. Of course I don't mind the banter. However, I would advise you to change your location (only kidding!).

Also thank you to Ian Martin, who obviously likes a good sense of humour when he comes across one.

Edited by moxey63

Thought I'd quote you Nigel. :D

From the Speedway History Forum today:

"FIM magazine Nov-Dec 2009....... has anyone seen the latest history mis-information article in this mag 'How it started' complete fairy tale.. it has Hoskins involved with the High Beech meeting ... how he did this from Australia Ill never know !!!!!!!!! enough to make you weep"

And still it goes on....

Thought I'd quote you Nigel. :D

From the Speedway History Forum today:

"FIM magazine Nov-Dec 2009....... has anyone seen the latest history mis-information article in this mag 'How it started' complete fairy tale.. it has Hoskins involved with the High Beech meeting ... how he did this from Australia Ill never know !!!!!!!!! enough to make you weep"

And still it goes on....

How interesting? :rolleyes: One of life's mysteries how these things come to light... :unsure:

How interesting? :rolleyes: One of life's mysteries how these things come to light... :unsure:

What things are those then, speedyguy?

What things are those then, speedyguy?

The sudden projection within the past 24 hours of dear old Johnnie S Hoskins back into the limelight!

It certainly is one of life's mysteries how this story continues to do the rounds in spite of being completely incorrect.

It certainly is one of life's mysteries how this story continues to do the rounds in spite of being completely incorrect.

Ad infinitum. :rolleyes:

Ad infinitum. :rolleyes:

After the passing of so many decades, Speedyguy, I feel that a more appropriate Latin tag is ........ad nauseum!

After the passing of so many decades, Speedyguy, I feel that a more appropriate Latin tag is ........ad nauseum!

Correct - but no matter how much "the facts" surrounding JSH are disproved these days they will always live on.

Edited by speedyguy

Correct - but no matter how much "the facts" surrounding JSH are disproved these days they will always live on.

That is why JSH is a ............................................LEGEND. :approve::approve::approve:

That is why JSH is a ............................................LEGEND. :approve::approve::approve:

The problem is, Ian, is that it does a real disservice to the people who REALLY brought speedway to this country.

The problem is, Ian, is that it does a real disservice to the people who REALLY brought speedway to this country.

Here's an interesting point. Are we blaming an innocent man - ie Johnnie Hoskins for something he did not claim but what others wrote about him?

--- In oldtimespeedway@yahoogroups.com, "fastfire212" <fastfire212@...> wrote:

>

> John Hoskins wrote many books and articles over the years but did he in any of them make claims that he invented speedway and he was at High Beech or involved with it in 1928 or are these all appendixes to his reputation made by certain speedway writers over the years. That needs sorting out because we may be blaming Hoskins for something he didn't do but what other people decided to put pen to paper about him.

Edited by speedyguy

Here's an interesting point. Are we blaming an innocent man - ie Johnnie Hoskins for something he did not claim but what others wrote about him?

--- In oldtimespeedway@yahoogroups.com, "fastfire212" <fastfire212@...> wrote:

>

> John Hoskins wrote many books and articles over the years but did he in any of them make claims that he invented speedway and he was at High Beech or involved with it in 1928 or are these all appendixes to his reputation made by certain speedway writers over the years. That needs sorting out because we may be blaming Hoskins for something he didn't do but what other people decided to put pen to paper about him.

I don't think anyone here is blaming Hoskins over High Beech, just lazy historians who can't be bothered to do the proper research.

However, it is the case that Hoskins several times claimed to have "invented" speedway, which is not true either. Though once again the real fault lies with lazy research.

Edited by norbold