British Speedway Forum

Four riders in a race at 'super smooth Shielfield' is generally a boring spectacle, god knows how one long retired legend pootling around himself is going to get anyone's pulse racing.

Your comments are pathetic. This is a night to celebrate a Bandit who has given 10 years loyal service.It is nice of Sam to go out of his way to help. :mad:

So don't go along with it , well done you have an opinion , this thread isn't the time or place for it , another riders testimonial and people coming on and posting garbage like you have.

Total disrespect.

I do regret that I brought the quality of racing at Berwick track into this thread, so I apologise for that. And as I have already said, it's very good of Sam to make the effort to come up. If the sight of him riding round on his own is enough to make the collective pulses race of the good people of Berwick, then who am I to argue. :unsure:

I do regret that I brought the quality of racing at Berwick track into this thread, so I apologise for that. And as I have already said, it's very good of Sam to make the effort to come up. If the sight of him riding round on his own is enough to make the collective pulses race of the good people of Berwick, then who am I to argue. :unsure:

I hope you will come along and enjoy the night,there will be plenty of other riders to watch including one or two from Edinburgh.

Good on ya for doing that. :rolleyes:

Its not really just him alone racing though is it ? Its the line up for the meeting , Sam coming up and doing some laps is some thing different for the punters new and old to see a World Champion in action , its a bit of novelty to add to the evenings entertainment... some thing to break up the night from just racing , at a testimonial people like to put on a show for the crowd.

Surely that would explain the reason for Sam coming up ? Given the style he used to race with it , I think seeing him doing a couple of demonstration laps will be entertaining.

Cracking rider.

If these things don't bother you much , maybe best to leave the thread alone , time and a place for niggles and winding people up , testimonial thread isn't it. :)

Dont think Fisher will be in this meeting now. On the Edinburgh website it says he has a meeting in Poland.

Dont think Fisher will be in this meeting now. On the Edinburgh website it says he has a meeting in Poland.

You are correct, Ryan is unable to take his place in Michal's meeting due to a Polish commitment. Michal is in talks with several riders to replace Ryan, but is understandably disappointed to lose Edinburgh's top-man and will have to re-knew their rivalry in the Premier Trophy.

In the local paper yesterday it says the field for Makovskys meeting is almost complete.

Makovsky

Harris

Woffinden

Barker

Rymel

Franc

Doolan

Ashworth

Piszcz

Topinka

Complin

Clews

Wilkinson

Grieves

Fisher is in the field but as posted earlier he may not be there due to a meeting in Poland,it also says that subject to confirmation there will be one more GP rider.

Surely that would explain the reason for Sam coming up ? Given the style he used to race with it , I think seeing him doing a couple of demonstration laps will be entertaining.

I reckon before much longer they will get rider or two for Sam to race against, he rode against Wayne Carter at Wayne's testimonial meeting at Scunthorpe.

In the local paper yesterday it says the field for Makovskys meeting is almost complete.

Makovsky

Harris

Woffinden

Barker

Rymel

Franc

Doolan

Ashworth

Piszcz

Topinka

Complin

Clews

Wilkinson

Grieves

Fisher is in the field but as posted earlier he may not be there due to a meeting in Poland,it also says that subject to confirmation there will be one more GP rider.

When Michal was at our Race Night last week he said Kenni Larsen was riding in it. :approve:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When Michal was at our Race Night last week he said Kenni Larsen was riding in it. :approve:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He could be the replacement for Fisher.

He could be the replacement for Fisher.

More than suitable replacement :approve:

Michal has been invited to BBC Radio Newcastle studios on Thursday March 4th at approx 7.15pm

He will be interviewed in relation to his up-coming Testimonial Meeting on the 27th March. Presenter Simon Pryde has taken a keen interest in Michal’s special year, following his appearance on the Total Sport programme in October last year along with Lawrence Heppell.

Michal will join Simon Pryde with former Sunderland striker Marco Gabbiadini and Newcastle defender John Anderson on the show Call them on 0191 2326565 or Text 07786200954 to ask Michal a question. You can listen live on DAB or 95.4fm (96.0fm in the Berwick area). Alternatively listen via the web at BBC iPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_newcastle

OLLY IN TO REPLACE TAI

Unfortunately Tai Woffinden will not be able to appear in Michal’s Testimonial on March 27th. Michal received a ‘phone call from Tai on Thursday to inform him that he was ‘required’ in Poland for an official team practice on the Saturday as well as the Sunday, which had already been noted.

Michal quickly set about replacing Tai in the line-up, asking a long standing friend Great Britain star Olly Allen of the Ipswich Witches if he could ride, now that Chris Louis proposed Farewell Meeting has been postponed ‘til October. Olly readily agreed, again bringing the line-up to 15, with one rider outstanding. The final rider will be disclosed later today..

Just opened this message from the Michal Makovsky Testimonial group on my Facebook, Jason Doyle is the last man added to the field....GET IN!!!

"Jason Doyle is the last name to be added to the Michal Makovský Testimonial Meeting. He quickly agreed to come and support Michal, despite the long trip north from his Poole base.

Michal is very pleased to have Jason on-board for his meeting, as he has fond memories of Jason guesting for Berwick in the Young Shield only two years ago, with some barn-storming rides defying his guest status to grab points for the Bandits and end them through to the Final.

The 24 year old Doyle is returning from almost a year out of the saddle with a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder. He is a quality performer and is sure to be in the mix on the 27th for a podium position."

Ryan Fisher checks in to Michal's Meet

Flyin’ Ryan Fisher, was originally lined up to take his part in Michal Makovský’s Testimonial Meeting, but had to withdraw due to a booking in poland. However circumstances have changed and Ryan has pledged his support to Michal once more. There respect for one another is borne from some hair-raising clashes on the track in 2009, but although both riders are hard on the track, they are perfect gentlemen afterwards, and Ryan was only to happy to be able to lend his support to Mak’s big night.

Fisher though had already been replaced in the main meeting with Aussie starlet Jason Doyle, however Ryan was quick to agree to still come to the meeting and take to the track and provide some entertainment alongside his American buddy, ‘Sudden’ Sam Ermolenko, with some demo rides, and I am sure the USA duo will delight the crowd with some great action on the track, as well as popping some major wheelies, no doubt.