British Speedway Forum

Then thats very disapointing especially as he rode so well for us when guesting and was very complementry about our track.

Yes quite agree. Compare that with Olly Allen. Met up with him in Robert Smiths and he told me he had been told to ride on Poland on Saturday and Sunday by his Polish team. They said Michals meeting was only a friendly but Olly said he had agreed to ride and he did. Very well actually. Taking the booking meant he had to get to London for a flight to Poland at 7.00am and he was going to have a hell of a journey to make it. Yes he had a benefit himself last year but he still felt the committment to honour a booking for a fellow rider rather than give in to his Polish paymasters. Good on you Olly and you went up 200% in my and my families eyes last night. A thoroughly pleasant lad who rode well and trying to please everyone. If only all riders thought like that. :approve: And he's British.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Tsunami

Yes quite agree. Compare that with Olly Allen. Met up with him in Robert Smiths and he told me he had been told to ride on Poland on Saturday and Sunday by his Polish team. They said Michals meeting was only a friendly but Olly said he had agreed to ride and he did. Very well actually. Taking the booking meant he had to get to London for a flight to Poland at 7.00am and he was going to have a hell of a journey to make it. Yes he had a benefit himself last year but he still felt the committment to honour a booking for a fellow rider rather than give in to his Polish paymasters. Good on you Olly and you went up 200% in my and my families eyes last night. A thoroughly pleasant lad who rode well and trying to please everyone. If only all riders thought like that. :approve: And he's British.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing that Dave... He's now went up in my estimations too :approve:

Quite enjoyed the meeting, shame one of the other GP/EL riders couldn't challenge Harris who was very good. Mudgway didn't look disgraced in the good quality field which will be a plus for Bandits fans.

Thanks for sharing that Dave... He's now went up in my estimations too :approve:

Allen was right in the shake up all night,it was a 3rd place in Ht11 that cost him and obviously a defeat at the hands of Harris in Ht20.But he was a credit to himself and was very complimentry in his interview at the end of the meeting.

A great many thanks to everyone who contributed to this meeting, the riders, officials, volunteers, sponsors and above all the terrific supporters who braved the cold night air to enjoy 20 heats of entertainment crammed into just a little over two hours.

Michal Makovsky Testimonial Committee

Thank you Mikal and Berwick for a memorable evening. I was very impressed with the running of the Meeting. I thought there was a worthy winner in Chris Harris. The Crowd looked to be a good one - which is no more than Mikal deserved. Nice to see his Mum and Dad there for him as well. Great atmosphere and, as scarletrider said, the PIES were to die for.

One of the highlights (of which there were many) must go to Jade Mudgway - I thought that considering his experience he was absolutely brilliant. He was never off the pace and his Second Place was superb. I think Berwick have found one for the future here - he will go far in the Sport. :approve::approve::approve:

Edited by ianmartin

Congratulations to the testimonial committee who put all that work into putting on a show.

A very entertaining night IMO , when all the riders involved put on a cracking show for the fans and Michal.

Sam conducted him self like a World Champion shoudl and still looked top notch on the track.

Carl Wilkinsons pass on Branney and Ashworth was as good as any thing I think I will see this year.

NB Michal's Race Night, tonight 6.30pm at the Black & Gold, Tweedmouth. 50p tote in operation to provide some great family fun.

More details via www.michalmakovsky.com

Michal Makovsky has donated his own number 1 Race Jacket from his successful Testimonial Meeting earlier this season to be auctioned as part of his Testimonial Fund for 2010. If you would like to own this piece of history from the Bandits highest ever scorer, then it will be available to bid on from tomorrow morning, Friday 28th May at 8.00am via eBay. The item number is 150448697316 for easy reference. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grab a what is going to become a collector’s item. This auction will end at 8.00am on Sunday 6th June.

www.michalmakovsky.com for more details