British Speedway Forum

Would be better if not on a Monday I would have thought.

Bloody Southerners :rolleyes:

15th March

surely that should read 14th march :unsure:

surely that should read 14th march :unsure:

Yeah it should - 15th March is the day I need off work so I can go!!!! :lol:

I've heard Rye House may be the venue next year.........

oh dear.... :cry:

If not at Sheffield, would prefer to have seen it go to a race track.

don't worry,it's being alternated north then south each year...

oh dear.... :cry:

If not at Sheffield, would prefer to have seen it go to a race track.

A Track is a track. With the likes of Crump and other racers being there it will be top quality. This old chesnut about Rye is so boring, give it a rest, get the len Silver book, flick through to the back where Tai Woffinden explains why he Chose Rye to develop his career at Hoddesdon. If you have decent riders at meetings like Topinka Johnson Lyons etc who give it a go all is well. The trouble has always been when the no hopers like Sheffield turn up and can't be bothered to try.

This will be a decent meeting with a packed crowd and most importantly good racing raising loadsa money

Great way to start the season, well deserved by Len for all his hard work to improve the stadium and all the Rye supporters who consistently give very generously to all speedway related causes.

And for the doubters who whinge on about the track being such a home advantage. I wonder if you would like to put money on a home winner ????

Maybe Luke to beat Jason Crump and Leigh Adams ???? If not just be quiet, enjoy the speedway and dig deep into your pockets.

Personally I think Tai to be in the frame, but hten again he has home track knowledge and is a very good rider.

Can't wait for the season to start.

The date is in the diary. :approve:

What's Rye House like for disabled visitors - we've never been?

Oh and Lol - Sheffield isn't North for us!!!! And Rye is very, very South!!!!!!

What's Rye House like for disabled visitors - we've never been?

I've been taking my daughter in her wheelchair since the Rockets returned there nine years ago without any problems ..... For wheelchair users my advice would be to park in the Go Kart car park behind the stadium and enter the stadium itself through the pits entrance, or enter in your car through the gates next to the main entrance, but this car park usually fills quickly .... Non wheelchair disabled supporters can access easily from the main entrance ... There are four or five steps up to the bar, but the chippie has flat access .... There is a disabled toilet behind the 3rd/4th bends

Edited by Shadders

It is Sunday 15th at 2pm and loads of star names will be present, T2TV will be covering it in full and all proceeeds will go to the Bend Fund.

Like Shadders said it is accessable for disabled (I am and I go every week, wooden paths are slippery when wet, I can make Bambi look balanced!)

But good smooth track, top fish and chips etc - can't wait.

It is Sunday 15th at 2pm and loads of star names will be present, T2TV will be covering it in full and all proceeeds will go to the Bend Fund.

Like Shadders said it is accessable for disabled (I am and I go every week, wooden paths are slippery when wet, I can make Bambi look balanced!)

But good smooth track, top fish and chips etc - can't wait.

Sunday 14th at 2:30pm

why have it at rye house!!! anywhere but there :angry:

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

why have it at rye house!!! anywhere but there :angry:

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

Why not at Rye House? ... There are plenty of tracks within a couple of hours drive of Hoddesdon, so it won't be much of a hardship to get there, especially on a Sunday.