British Speedway Forum

why have it at rye house!!! anywhere but there :angry:

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

Personally I think it's dead right moving it around each year. You can't please everyone but if everyone gets a chance at their track or one not so far away then it's not a bad idea for me.

Personally I think it's dead right moving it around each year. You can't please everyone but if everyone gets a chance at their track or one not so far away then it's not a bad idea for me.

Totally agree. It give's all supporters the opportunity to 'dig deep' for the right reason.

There are several sponsorship packages available for this meeting, Tyre & Fuel, Rider & Race. Anyone interested can send me a PM.

All monies raised from sponsorship will go directly to Speedway Rider Benevolent Fund.

Let's hope the advert is on the back of the Star up til the meeting date, was dismayed to see bloody Cardiff advertised AGAIN zzzzzzzzzzz instead of it last week! The Star should be doing their bit for the meeting!!

Let's hope the advert is on the back of the Star up til the meeting date,The Star should be doing their bit for the meeting!!

Really like the way it advertises each new addition, even though we already knew that Kevin was the latest.

Agree & i think they should do these for no fee if they don't already

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

I know i mean how dare they put it on somewhere thats not on your back garden. :blink: Rye house is a decent track and with the riders named it will be a good meeting

I know i mean how dare they put it on somewhere thats not on your back garden. :blink: Rye house is a decent track and with the riders named it will be a good meeting

I don't get the speedway star so what riders have already been named as in the field for this?

Great way to start the season, well deserved by Len for all his hard work to improve the stadium and all the Rye supporters who consistently give very generously to all speedway related causes.

And for the doubters who whinge on about the track being such a home advantage. I wonder if you would like to put money on a home winner ????

Maybe Luke to beat Jason Crump and Leigh Adams ???? If not just be quiet, enjoy the speedway and dig deep into your pockets.

Personally I think Tai to be in the frame, but hten again he has home track knowledge and is a very good rider.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Ok...That's just a stupid notion. Home track advantage is evident with riders on approximately the same average, or of the same skill level. A rider who practised at Sheffield all his life would struggle at Rye, in the same way a rider who practised at Rye all his life would struggle at Sheffield. There isn't a massive amount of home track advantage when you are lining up next to the World Champion...

Ok...That's just a stupid notion. Home track advantage is evident with riders on approximately the same average, or of the same skill level. A rider who practised at Sheffield all his life would struggle at Rye, in the same way a rider who practised at Rye all his life would struggle at Sheffield. There isn't a massive amount of home track advantage when you are lining up next to the World Champion...

anything can happen over 4 laps ;)

This is going to be a brilliant meeting, not just because it's at Rye, it's the sort of meeting i'd contemplate going to no matter where it was staged due to the cause and the riders.

The Rye participant should be Luke Bowen without a shadow of a doubt, a home grown rider who has fought his way through many injuries, presumably being helped by the Ben fund at some point? It's going to be a brilliant spectacle having Jason, Leigh, Rory, Tai, Kev and Dumpy at Rye. Fingers crossed Eddie Kennett and Super Robbo will be racing too :D

anything can happen over 4 laps ;)

This is going to be a brilliant meeting, not just because it's at Rye, it's the sort of meeting i'd contemplate going to no matter where it was staged due to the cause and the riders.

The Rye participant should be Luke Bowen without a shadow of a doubt, a home grown rider who has fought his way through many injuries, presumably being helped by the Ben fund at some point? It's going to be a brilliant spectacle having Jason, Leigh, Rory, Tai, Kev and Dumpy at Rye. Fingers crossed Eddie Kennett and Super Robbo will be racing too :D

Be nice if Rico, Scott and Bomber were added to the line up.

I will definately be there along with the U-21's later in the season it should be a great meeting.

Edited to add:

Please please please invite Nicki. Please!!!!!!

Edited by Blazeaway

Please please please invite Nicki. Please!!!!!!

He'll want paying too much!! I presume riders who don't race here anymore don't gain from the SRBF, can they claim if they get injured racing abroad and is there something similar set up in Poland and Sweden ............ anyone???

He'll want paying too much!! I presume riders who don't race here anymore don't gain from the SRBF, can they claim if they get injured racing abroad and is there something similar set up in Poland and Sweden ............ anyone???

Sorry if it seems like i'm nit-picking Trees but Jason doesn't ride here either. :wink::D

Though there is a difference i guess with his demands. ;)

Edited by colincooke

My understanding is, that the meeting will be held at a different track each season, to give everyone around the country a chance to attend. You had your meeting last season, therefore, its the turn of the south this season. Seems pretty fair to me.

To be honest whether it is at Sheffield, Rye House or any other track, the main thing is that the meeting is run. The only fair way to do it is move the venue around to allow fans that do not have transport can attend the event.

Sorry if it seems like i'm nit-picking Trees but Jason doesn't ride here either. :wink::D

Though there is a difference i guess with his demands. ;)

If my memory serves me well Jason announced when interviewed that Poole had paid the money for Jason to ride in the event.