British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubble

King Cinder ( Bbc1 Series)

You never know, and with the amount of TV repeats one hardly needs to record anything these days, the Beeb could do much worse than to broadcast 'The Cinder' again....

On 02/03/2018 at 12:57 PM, StevePark said:

No harm in trying.  Shy bairns get nowt.

Yes, you can waste time and effort if you wish. All I can do is pass on professional knowledge and advice. It isn't going to happen. I could try launching a campaign to make me a multi-millionaire, but it isn't likely to succeed ;-)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 02/03/2018 at 2:58 PM, martinmauger said:

You never know, and with the amount of TV repeats one hardly needs to record anything these days, the Beeb could do much worse than to broadcast 'The Cinder' again....

Sadly those with understanding of the industry DO know. It is an obscure forty year old children's drama featuring a minor sport that would have an incredibly limited appeal. Anyway, if people want to try it's only their time and money they're wasting. I'll leave you all to it. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Sadly those with understanding of the industry DO know. It is an obscure forty year old children's drama featuring a minor sport that would have an incredibly limited appeal. Anyway, if people want to try it's only their time and money they're wasting. I'll leave you all to it. 

Whilst prob not aimed directly at me, and without getting into an online slanging and 'I know more than you do' match, you'd be surprised of my experience, knowledge & previous involvement (albeit it somewhat minor) of semi-professional and fully pro TV broadcasting and film & video production.  I do realise the chances of BBC, or anyone, showing King Cinder again are not great as apart from things like production, research and possible medium film to video transfer costs, as I believe King Cinder was originally shot on film, the demand and interest aren't likely to be high.  But hey, you never know and no harm in asking: if you don't ask you certainly don't get.....

Edited by martinmauger
usual spelling, sigh