British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Montine Dons

Rudy Muts

I was wondering if anyone can help me I am researching for information for my new website that I will be setting up over the close season, at the moment I am looking for information on Wimbledon rider Rudy Muts.

If anyone has any information on Rudy or any other Wimbledon riders that rode at Wimbledon around the same time then please email me at Speewaydons91@aol.com

Many Thanks in Advance

oh the good old days...

Larry Ross

Stefan Salomonsson

Rudy Muts

Mick Hines

Eddy Jancarz

Roger Johns

Colin Richardson

Maido was the manager....

Would love to know what Larry Ross is up to as well. He was a cracking rider for the Aces for a while.

larry ross ..didnt he break the tapes at the 81 wembley final??! ;) ..in fact i can remember the days of the late 70's early 80's wen i fink he won an individual meeting at blunsdon?....silver plume mebbes or daily mirror classic?....not a bad rider really....oops this thread was about rudy muts werent it?!! :shock:;) he was dutch!! all i know!! lol

Would love to know what Larry Ross is up to as well. He was a cracking rider for the Aces for a while.

Yeah then they sold him to Halifax/Bradford and he was (errrmm got to be polite!!) not very good home or away

Yeah then they sold him to Halifax/Bradford and he was (errrmm got to be polite!!) not very good home or away

Larry Ross - always true to Belle Vue........ :D;)

er.... better at Wimbledon though...

Well, if he wanted to win something, he just had to head North. :lol::D;)

:roll: nuff said i suppose.....

This discussion on Larry Ross is very interesting. I'm sure Montine Dons is very pleased she asked about Rudy Muts and now has all the information she needs. ;-)

I was wondering if anyone can help me I am researching for information for my new website that I will be setting up over the close season, at the moment I am looking for information on Wimbledon rider Rudy Muts.

Rudy was born in Holland 1956. Rode for the Dons fron 1977-1981. In his first full season(1978) he averaged 6.42, but I seem to remember he had a bad crash the next year (broken arm?) and was never as good again. Dropped out at the start of 81, returned at the end, but only averaged 2.50.

This discussion on Larry Ross is very interesting. I'm sure Montine Dons is very pleased she asked about Rudy Muts and now has all the information she needs. ;-)

I know - sorry about that. No offence to Rudy. In fact I'm sure I read somewhere that he emigrated to Australia?

Still wouldn't mind knowing what happened to Larry Ross though.... :)

I remember Rudy Mutts being signed by Swindon at one stage, but never actually riding for the Robins. I think it was a classic bad Swindon transfer move with Rudy & Alf Busk coming and Steve Bastable moving on.

Maybe someone (Frigbo?) can remember more details than me.

There are some pictures of Rudy Mutts in the 70s section of the Wimbledon website.

And Larry Ross!

http://www.wimbledonspeedway.co.uk/1970's_...s__part_two.htm

it was at the start of the 1983 season when there was all that stuff going on with wally mawdsley vacating the promoters seat..or more like he was forced out!!!!..we were all at a meeting when he announced the signing and there was mutters of discontent all round!!!....i can only imagine when richard vowles took over rudy was rather swept under the carpet...but we still had to put up with a team like this!!!:

gresham

busk

b.andersson

yeates

crump

t.broadbank

denzil kent!

i think this was the team we put out at reading in a challenge..or something close....later we had the reinforcements like phil herne and milan spinka!!...oh and an aborted bob kilby comeback!!!!..so we may as well had used rudy!!!!

oops i forgot me mate!!!..wellie!! cant quite remember why he didnt ride at reading that particular time?!