British Speedway Forum
Murray93

James Grieves 20 Year Testimonial Meeting

The meeting will also be the first raced under floodlights at Ashfield, certainly in the present day period.

Craig McCurdy posted this on easytiger on Tuesday night -

"I am pleased to confirm that the floodlight trial went exceptionally well at Ashfield tonight. Courtesy of A-Plant we had three diesel operated 9m high floodlights at the track which illuminated the first and second turns.

James took to the track on his mini motocross bike and was delighted, to say the least, with the conditions. We will have substantial lighting in place for Sunday afternoon and intend to have the lights on from the start of the meeting (4pm). it will mean that we can comfortably get through the meeting with the last few heats, featuring a top scorers race as a grand finale, probably raced under the floodlights to maximum effect".

So it promises to be an exciting end to a dismal season in Glasgow, aslong as the weather is kind. It should be good watching PK and Freddie

in the top scorers race under floodlights in the final action of the season, thats if they get there :)

Time to get this back up to the top of the list where it belongs??? :rolleyes:

I shall be making a "guest" appearance on the mic for this meeting so look forward to catching up with fellow forum members, facebook friends(?) and Tigers fans from my dark and distant past!!! :lol:

Thermals at the ready. . . . . . :D

Micman you wont need thermals, im sure your match race with Michael Max will warm us all up :)

A challenge has been issued and accepted for a "presenters championship match race" at some stage during the day!!! :D

I hope it gets quite dark at the end in the floodlights... there is something really atmospheric and special about watching night time Speedway :approve:

Edited by BongoBrian

A challenge has been issued and accepted for a "presenters championship match race" at some stage during the day!!! :D

Oh dear. I fear for you health. Shame you didn't mention this last night, I could have bought you some adult pampers :lol:

micman I think you should borrow a Morton top to wear for the challenge - that will put Mr Max off! Either that or I'll bring you a Falkirk one along and he wont be able to race for laughing :sad: lol

Can I just check though - this race WONT be Shane Parker style will it? :shock:

micman I think you should borrow a Morton top to wear for the challenge - that will put Mr Max off! Either that or I'll bring you a Falkirk one along and he wont be able to race for laughing :sad: lol

Can I just check though - this race WONT be Shane Parker style will it? :shock:

I can indeed promise that this race will not be in Shane Parker style!! :D I'm guessing that my bright yellow ski suit will be enough to dazzle Mr Max so I leave him standing at the starting gate!! :lol:

micman, nice to hear you will be making an appearance! As a now southern softie you will probably need 2 sets of thermals on Sunday lol. Looks like it could be a cracking meeting - any bets on Lindgren having a good go at Shane's track record? Or Shane trying to better it! Or even Travis sneaking under the radar to claim it - he got really close this season.

At least if it's freezing it should deter Mr Parker from doing his party piece :shock::D

err much as I agree with the sentiments Bongo, its a team meeting! :wink:

Bidding on the james Grieve Auction ends MIDNIGHT on Saturday, October 23rd ..... get your bids in now!!!!

Send your bid to STARs via Easy Tiger or to fm.crawford@btinternet.com

Thank you.

Hope the weather is better in Glasgow than it is here right now! Don't forget, the event of the year at tomorrow with the presenters "match race" challenge!!! :D

I'm hearing that my "oppo" has been getting in some sneaky practice???

Time for plan B I think?? :approve:

Hope the weather is better in Glasgow than it is here right now! Don't forget, the event of the year at tomorrow with the presenters "match race" challenge!!! :D

I'm hearing that my "oppo" has been getting in some sneaky practice???

Time for plan B I think?? :approve:

Forecast for tomorrow is chilly , but dry . Should be a great end to the season .

as workington made it to the YS final last night, the 1st leg is at rye house tomorrow so won't that mean no Richard or Steve Lawson :unsure: