British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hullangel

Wild Angels ?

Sorting out my records tonight, Found an album that i had forgot about. The front cover feature's five musicians sat on speedway bikes, but i still don't know to this day where the picture was taken. The group were called The Wild Angels, and the album was released in the late sixties. If you would like to see the album cover please e-mail me as i have taken a picture and will send you it. I know somebody out there will know ..................Cheers ........Steve.....hullangels@aol.com

Pointless Trivia 1) Wild Angels is the name of a motorcycle movie from the late sixties. It starred Nancy Sinatra, who was also in an Elvis Presley film called Speedway.

Pointless Trivia 2) The inventor of Tippex was actually the mother of Mike Nesmith from The Monkees.

If its the same group i saw them supporting Little Ritchard at the Hammersmith Palais in the mid seventies.Thought they were part of that Rock'n'roll revival also including Shaking Stevens,Freddie 'Fingers' Lee,Matchbox,etc.

The album is called Live at the Revolution. I have had the album since the seventies. I also visited alot of track up and down the country at that time. But i have never been able to find out where the front cover picture was taken

I remember the group I last saw them play at a pub called the Bull, in Sheen (Richmond area) pity the night got cut short when a few of the England chapter of the Hells Angels started chucking bottles across the small dance floor. I think the Wild Angels went on tour with Chuck Berry once as well. I might even still have a 45 of theirs somewhere.

If its the same group i saw them supporting Little Ritchard at the Hammersmith Palais in the mid seventies.Thought they were part of that Rock'n'roll revival also including Shaking Stevens,Freddie 'Fingers' Lee,Matchbox,etc.

I went to the Lycem and saw Shaking Stevens last gig with the Sunsets (his backing group before he got famous) and Freddie fingers Lee played in a little pub in Kingston it used to be packed I found myself next to Wee Willie Harris one night, now theirs a claim to fame.

Yep that's the picture Miro .......My money was on RYE HOUSE but you are probably right with Eastborne...........Thanks

Does look like Eastbourne prior to the stock car track which was put in early seventies. By the trees and the high stands in the background it would be the back straight, about where the end of the current 2 tier stands / bar is. The old stands were lashed up out of scaffolding, can't see enough detail in the picture to be sure.