British Speedway Forum
GregM

Leszno Gp - 24th April 2010

Thought it was a slightly above average GP with a boring final to be honest. Didn't buy into Tatum and Pearsons ravings at all. A few good races but nothing to rave about like those two have.

Brits disappointed as usual. Clear to all the Tai is currently miles out of his depth. Shouldn't really have got the WC. Harris suprised by making the semi so can't moan about that as its better than he usually does.

Holder continued his Poole form by riding slow bikes. Put himself about but Emil went past him like he was standing still.

What a breath of fresh air for the Speedway GP.

Good track = Good racing.

Simple.

Thanks to Tony Olsson, common sense prevails.

Well another boring meeting to add to all the other boring GPs :lol:

Bloody Hell that was amazing......great racing from the off, super TV coverage, decent commentary, nice Sky programme with 3 good guests...well done to everyone especially the track staff.....awesome! :)

Lets hope this is the first of many!

Fantastic GP with some quality racing and a bit of dirt on the track - long may that continue for the rest of the season. Harris did well to get to semi but made a shocking gate and Tai looked well out of his depth unfortunatley!!

Thought it was a slightly above average GP with a boring final to be honest. Didn't buy into Tatum and Pearsons ravings at all. A few good races but nothing to rave about like those two have.

Brits disappointed as usual. Clear to all the Tai is currently miles out of his depth. Shouldn't really have got the WC. Harris suprised by making the semi so can't moan about that as its better than he usually does.

Holder continued his Poole form by riding slow bikes. Put himself about but Emil went past him like he was standing still.

Have you ever seen a good speedway meeting? As every meeting you go to, one of the teams involved seems to be crap which spoils a good night, every report you have made on a t.v meeting that doesn't involve Poole seems to be an average meeting and every Premier League meeting that has been on t.v in your opinion has been crap. For any newcomer to the sport reading your reports will never want to go to a live speedway meeting :wink:

Edited by KEITH M

An absolutly fantastic meeting on a fantastic track, well done everybody involved! Watching at home there was just a totally different atmosphere... usually its a case of filling in the scorecard job done after the first lap or so and feeling completely let down at the end of the meeting when you realise you've wasted 3 hours. Instead it was entertaining and definately a great advert for the sport. Similarly you felt a different atmosphere in the studio with their jobs being made much easier as the racing did the talking. Well done to everybody, finally SGP is a product we can be proud to say is the pinnacle of our sport. Lets hope rounds 2-11 are as good.

Enjoyed that, there was some cracking action on track, with a few surprises, Holder set the tone going past Crump very feorcefully however Crump was too good form in the end, lets hope it continues!

Have you ever seen a good speedway meeting? As every meeting you go to, one of the teams involved seems to be crap which spoils a good night, every report you have made on a t.v meeting that doesn't involve Poole seems to be an average meeting and every Premier League meeting that has been on t.v in your opinion has been crap. For any newcomer to the sport reading your reports will never want to go to a live speedway meeting :wink:

I thought it was above average for a GP. Just didn't think it was spectacular as the commentators were going on. It was like they were on a mission to rave whatever the meeting was like. It was good but not as great as they were say (my opinion of course). There were a few good races. Holder battle with Crump and Emil, Kolodziej, Pedersen going backwards, Zorros win.

By the way just a heads up. I thought that PL meeting at Scunthorpe last year was very good.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I loved it! Brilliant racing, brilliant track.

I wish we could have that kind of track here, the racing was awesome.... :approve:

Does this put GP Speedway back on the map? :unsure:

Thoroughly enjoyed that, not the borefest they can sometimes be.

If that sets the standard for the rest of the season bring it on-Just hope the following meetings are as entertaining as that one was.

Excellent GP, loved it from start to finish. The final was shaping up superbly before the crash (speaking of which, going by their comments afterwards, was I watching a different race to Havelock and Nicholls!?) so it was a shame that was cut short but what a GP on the whole. Crump brilliant, as was Hampel but I expected a good one from him and I thought Kolodziej was very good aswell.

Bomber had a good first 2, was nowhere in the next 2 and then did well enough to just get through to the semi-final where he was never really in it. Tai was on the pace at times but didn't look to have the same speed or control as others, but I'm confident with time we will see big improvements.

Also want to mention Holder who, in his first GP, gave a good account of himself with some tough racing and I think we can look forward to some good GPs from him in the near future.

So a good, well-prepared track is all the GPs needed. Hopefully with Tony Olsson in, we can look forward to this all year :approve:

Oh, and as always I loved the commentary. "I'm glad it's only a minute long, I couldn't cope for 2" Classic Kelv :lol:

Edited by tigerblues

Super meeting and one that will have new fans coming to the sport.

Well done T Olsen.

Wow! what a meeting....Congrats to everybody,not missing Ole Olsen.

Great for the sport.....

Congratulations to Jason...