British Speedway Forum
shirls

Will Kelvin Pick On Coventry Now

Clearly the christmas booze has had a bad effect on some poor souls. :P

This is a bit daft because any former rider will lean towards a former club that he has fond memories of. And, equally, is likely to have a bit of a gripe with any club that he a 'problem' with as a rider (whether it be a dislike for the track or certain riders that were there is his time etc). Tatum may be biased towards Coventry, though he does try not to be sometimes, but surely the most openly biased former rider is Rosco? And there's nothing wrong with that, other than I think his love for the club has done him more harm than good at times.

Kelvin is a Coventry fan having spent the main part of his career riding for them. He doesn't like Poole, and its quite funny listening to hime having to sing Pirates praises as we take another title.

Having said that I do like Kelvin, and always say hello to him when I see him. From his first time as a scared rabbit in front of the mic, to a more confident presenter, I think he does a good job on TV.

I'd assume that Kelvin is so grateful that Steve what his name says hello to him & approves of the job he does behind the mic.

How conceited can 1 man be. :lol:

That's interesting as I can remember him beating the mightly Hans N in the 1988 test match with the added imposition of a loose race jacket flapping over his face!

Probably helped :rolleyes::wink: .

Nice to hear from you Gen M, Happy New Year to you and yours, and might we get to see you in the 2010 season perhaps??

Kelvin along with Johno and Chris Louis are great commentators. Kelvin seems to be very anti- Gp and stands up for what he believes in, without shouting. Don't recall him being anti-rosco but I only see bits of the Sky coverage as I'm usually at the track.

Edited by superguest

What a rediculous thread. Commentators are the same as us, fans, and sometimes their alliegance to one club may become apparent. But to say they show the same passion for hatred towards one particular club is nonsense. Maybe you just have a complex.

Kelvin is a Coventry fan having spent the main part of his career riding for them. He doesn't like Poole, and its quite funny listening to hime having to sing Pirates praises as we take another title.

Having said that I do like Kelvin, and always say hello to him when I see him. From his first time as a scared rabbit in front of the mic, to a more confident presenter, I think he does a good job on TV.

Poole or just you? :wink:

I remember you trotting over to him in the car park at Brandon just before the semi final of the playoff in 2007.

It was one of those moments when you can see the look on his face.....

Oh dear god, not that **** again..Pure comedy :lol:

Poole or just you? :wink:

I remember you trotting over to him in the car park at Brandon just before the semi final of the playoff in 2007.

It was one of those moments when you can see the look on his face.....

Oh dear god, not that **** again..Pure comedy :lol:

Steve gets that reaction from quite alot of people from what i've heard. :lol::lol:

We at Swindon have always said Kelvin Tatum had something against Swindon.

In the local paper today Mr John Fisher (who does not go to Speedway) wrote, Festive fish bite,Former Swindon Robins manager Alun Rossiter and Sky Sports pundit Kelvin Tatum. If Rosco takes him to Coventry with him ,maybe we will finally be able to tell whether Tatum does really hate the Robins or is it just Rosco that he did'nt get along with.

This is not the first non Speedway person that thinks Kelvin had something against the Robins.

Rosco knows Kelvin does,nt really like him ,but was it Rosco or the was it the Robins themselves ,if it was Rosco are Coventry now going to get the cold shoulder from Kelvin ? :lol:

Don't blame him for disliking Rosco, he's a prat. Hear his comment about PK, 'It's all mind games with Wolves, i dont recon he was really that injured' Did you see his fall mate? Dont like Rosco

It's a public school thing. Too much time in the showers.

What a rediculous thread. Commentators are the same as us, fans, and sometimes their alliegance to one club may become apparent. But to say they show the same passion for hatred towards one particular club is nonsense. Maybe you just have a complex.

Come on - get into the spirit of things. Why spoil a fun thread in this cold weather :rolleyes:

Why get in a flap - what does it matter? Frankly, the opinions of a brain-dead commentating ex-rider are irrelevant. If you allow yourself to get wound up by it, you're pandering to his prejudice.

Why get in a flap - what does it matter? Frankly, the opinions of a brain-dead commentating ex-rider are irrelevant. If you allow yourself to get wound up by it, you're pandering to his prejudice.

Gosh! I'm shocked! , I think Kelvin does a great job and seems to be a professional and nice guy, and of course a great Speedway rider. Chris Louis is also excellent

Alun Rossiter is just a pantomime character always pretending to have 'team talks' or being all angry at ref's decisions

Brain dead? :angry:

OK, not brain dead. But having heard Kelvin talk and commentate at various times over many years, I certainly don't think he'll be winning Mastermind any time soon. Erudite and learned his comments most certainly are not.