British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Chris Louis Farewell Meeting

The date has been announced for Chris Louis' testimonial, details to follow.

Edited by Badge

I think you will find its Chris Louis Farewell Meeting.

Thanks mate :approve: , amended the title page now.

It seems strange for Chris to have a farewell/testimonial meeting if he is to continue his close association as the club's team manager and co-promoter.

Anyway my best wishes go to Chris in his 'retirement'. I've enjoyed the many races I've seen him battle at Belle Vue.

It seems strange for Chris to have a farewell/testimonial meeting if he is to continue his close association as the club's team manager and co-promoter.

Anyway my best wishes go to Chris in his 'retirement'. I've enjoyed the many races I've seen him battle at Belle Vue.

why not a Loram/louis farewell ? 2 Ipswich legends of the same era both ending their careers at the same time

why not a Loram/louis farewell ? 2 Ipswich legends of the same era both ending their careers at the same time

Personally I think they both deserve their own day in the limelight TBH, although what a meeting that would be. Anyway Mark could choose anywhere to have his meeting, whereas Loobie, it's got to be Foxhall.

Its really gutting to read this. Yes, we all know Chris has retired, but seeing a Farewell Meeting being advertised kind of makes it all official, something I find hard to take.

Having known Chris for a good many years, seeing and sharing in his on track success, plus his bad times, like the serious head and back injuries he sustained, its not going to be the same at Ipswich without a Louis in the team in future.

I will forever cherish the monent he jumped off the truck at Coventry, on his Victory lap after winning his first British Final, heading straight for me and hugging me to death.

That mean't more to me than anyone could imagine. No-one can take those memories

away, but knowing that he won't be gracing Foxhall or any other track again is a hard one

to take. I sincerely hope that the meeting is a huge success, that the crowds flock to pay homage to one of the very best that British Speedway has ever produced.

Good Luck Loobie, you've earned a cracker of a meeting...enjoy it.

I cant be there in person, funds won't allow it, but I will be there in spirit and will buy the

DvD, thats gonna be worth the money and some.

Edited by tomcat

Its really gutting to read this. Yes, we all know Chris has retired, but seeing a Farewell Meeting being advertised kind of makes it all official, something I find hard to take.

Having known Chris for a good many years, seeing and sharing in his on track success, plus his bad times, like the serious head and back injuries he sustained, its not going to be the same at Ipswich without a Louis in the team in future.

I will forever cherish the monent he jumped off the truck at Coventry, on his Victory lap after winning his first British Final, heading straight for me and hugging me to death.

That mean't more to me than anyone could imagine. No-one can take those memories

away, but knowing that he won't be gracing Foxhall or any other track again is a hard one

to take. I sincerely hope that the meeting is a huge success, that the crowds flock to pay homage to one of the very best that British Speedway has ever produced.

Good Luck Loobie, you've earned a cracker of a meeting...enjoy it.

I cant be there in person, funds won't allow it, but I will be there in spirit and will buy the

DvD, thats gonna be worth the money and some.

It saddens me to read that, Tomcat.

I believe Chris is continuing in his role as team manager/co-promoter. That being so I imagine he will be happy to continue the friendship that obviously means as much to him as it does to yourself.

Kind regards,

Ron

This meeting will be well attended I bet, it's a shame that Chris didn't race for Lynn when he was thinking about it, I wonder if racing at Saddlebow Road on a regular basis would have made any difference to Chris as a rider ................ he just couldn't leave Suffolk though!!

I'd like to see Mark have his Farewell at Lynn, he raced for us longer than any club after all, under a different promoter granted .....

Personally I think they both deserve their own day in the limelight TBH, although what a meeting that would be. Anyway Mark could choose anywhere to have his meeting, whereas Loobie, it's got to be Foxhall.

they do both deserve their own day thats true , but Imagine the meeting Louis select VS Loram select , the teams would be like speedways version of Man utd. and maybe Mark and Chris could recreate the best Runoff I have ever seen. the runoff for 1997 Britiish title . in fact i think it maybe the best race I ever saw .

they do both deserve their own day thats true , but Imagine the meeting Louis select VS Loram select , the teams would be like speedways version of Man utd. and maybe Mark and Chris could recreate the best Runoff I have ever seen. the runoff for 1997 Britiish title . in fact i think it maybe the best race I ever saw .

Very true Speedibee. Both deserve their own days. Also agree, that 97 British Final runoff

was one of, if not the best race I had ever seen too. Both riders said that it was one of the best they had ever been in at the time.

Perhaps the solution would be two meetings, a Loram select visiting Ipswich to race a

Louis select and then the other way around for Marks meeting?

I think Havvy and Chris did it that way when they had Testimonials in the same year.

And Ron, you are correct, but unfortunately I now live over 600 miles away and over

a fair stretch of water too, so am unable to see Chris or visit the track these days.

If... and it is a big if, finances and time allow, I will move heaven and earth to get there

in March. If not, its a Goodwill e-mail and the DvD for me.

Edited by tomcat

So, March 27th it is then.

The chances of making it over have increased a lot now, as my

brother has moved to Leiston and can now put us up.

Just got to find a dogsitter for that weekend, get three cheap

air tickets and we can come over.

Hopefully all of the above can be sorted and we can see our one and

only meeting at Ipswich for 2010. Haven't been to the stadium to watch

the Witches since 2005.

Any news at all on a format or lineup for the meeting. I know its still

early doors, but any info would be welcome.

i'm just a little annoyed that i'm working a 2-10 shift on that day and i really wanted to see his farewell meeting i suppose thats wot i get when you work in the car business

Lets hope the field does justice to Louis' and Ipswich get a really special meeting!

Hopefully only Nicholls and maybe King from the current Ipswich line up, and then the likes of Crump, Pedersen, Adams etc, but most of all just maybe, Chris can get Gollob over for this meeting, now that would be special :approve: