British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

meetings down under

Guest Triple B's old
anyone know what meetings are on and where from dec 27th to jan 10th ? thanks

I take it your going over then MM :?: & I have been asked to ask you if you have Trevor Hardings trophy from the Kings Lynn/Boston Fans? (I think they passed it on to Adam Allott & then he was passing it on to you) Hope you have a good time out there :D & do you know how Daniel Harding did in the Under 16 Championship in Oz (I think it was staged on the 18th Oct).I know Trevor wanted to see him Thats why he went home early.

If you are taking the Trophy to Trevor.Many Thanks for doing it for us MM.If it was'nt for you he would'nt have got it

THANKS ALOT MM :D:D:D:D:D:approve::approve::D:D:D

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Main man

I have listed so far the following. As usual all dates are passed on in good faith but don't hold me personally responsible if they don't happen !!

27th December - Mildura (Vic) - Vic state titles (rescheduled)

28th December - Gosford (NSW) - NSW state titles TBC

3rd January - Mildura (Vic)

- Tamworth (NSW) Longtrack

- Gosford (NSW)

- Murray Bridge (SA)

10th January - Undera (Vic) Vic sidecar titles

- Mildura (Vic)

- Bankstown (NSW) Longtrack

- Labrador (Gold Coast QLD) 1st round Aust Champs

Hope you enjoy and one small tip, try Bundy & Coke :D

anyone know what meetings are on and where from dec 27th to jan 10th ? thanks

I take it your going over then MM :?: & I have been asked to ask you if you have Trevor Hardings trophy from the Kings Lynn/Boston Fans? (I think they passed it on to Adam Allott & then he was passing it on to you) Hope you have a good time out there :D & do you know how Daniel Harding did in the Under 16 Championship in Oz (I think it was staged on the 18th Oct).I know Trevor wanted to see him Thats why he went home early.

If you are taking the Trophy to Trevor.Many Thanks for doing it for us MM.If it was'nt for you he would'nt have got it

THANKS ALOT MM :D:D:D:D:D:approve::approve::D:D:D

From www.speedwaysportz.com2.info/

Thirteen year old Bob King has taken out the 2003 Western Australian Solo Championship at the Bibra Lake Speedway on October 18. King was the highest point scorer in the heats, amassing 11 out of a possible 12 points. Tai Woffinden, son of former British rider Rob Woffinden, won the B Final and moved up into the main event. King jumped out ahead of the opposition and was never headed in the decider. Tom Bryant was running second until he clipped the tyre barrier on the final lap and fell.

Woffinden finished second ahead of defending titleholder Daniel Harding. The following day the State Pairs title was contested and it ended in a three-way tie. King beat Daniel Winchester and Tom Bryant to claim the title. King had scored 23 points in the heats with his partner Barry Rose adding another 3.

Winchester (12) and Carley Gittus (14) took second place over Tom Bryant (19) and brother Jim Bryant (7).

Pointscore

Bob King 3233 11

Daniel Harding 1332 9

Tom Bryant 3123 9

Tai Woffinden 2113 7

Carley Gittus 2221 7

Daniel Winchester 1302 6

Alan Cass 0012 3

Jim Bryant 0101 2

Barry Rose 0000 0

B Final: 1. Tai Woffinden, 2. Carley Gittus, 3. Daniel Winchester, 4. Alan Cass

A Final: 1. Bob King, 2. Tai Woffinden, 3. Daniel Harding, 4. Tom Bryant

Thanks Sir Lunchalot -- a great help.

See you at any of the meetings ?

will def be at Gosford as staying with Lee Herne and going with him.

Sidewinders had one logged for new years eve ---is that one on as Parks and I might go as I'll be in Adelaide then.

Tripe B --AA rang to remind me about trophy for Trev --will be picking up off him soon.

Looking forward to seeing you down under !!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Thanks Sir Lunchalot -- a great help.

See you at any of the meetings ?

will def be at Gosford as staying with Lee Herne and going with him.

Sidewinders had one logged for new years eve ---is that one on as Parks and I might go as I'll be in Adelaide then.

Can't see one scheduled for Sidewinders on New Years eve Main man

Try Sidewinders for details

I can only see one due on 13th December then the next one on 31st January.

You sure it's sidewinders you mean ? They have a great little set up for the juniors but no seniors and was that what you are after ?

Hope you enjoy and one small tip, try Bundy & Coke  :D

I too was given this advice by a keen advocate and i can recommend it :D Only place that sells it in the UK that I can find is Selfridges :(

thanks sir lunchalot. maybe i've mixed up jan 31st with dec 31st in something

I'd read !!

yes wanted to see the kids in action as heard a lot about the sidewinders club --never know could be a future Shane Parker in action !!

Edited by Main Man

Does anyone know what time the aussie title qualifier on Jan 10th starts and what the flying time is from the nearest airport (and how long to this) to Sydney ???

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Does anyone know what time the aussie title qualifier on Jan 10th starts and what the flying time is from the nearest airport (and how long to this) to Sydney ???

Main man

To answer as best I can

1. No definite idea on the start time. I would estimate about 7:30 pm as a wild guess, although if the sun is setting in the wrong direction then they may have to wait until a bit later. I know where I was last night (Gillman) the sun goes down in line with the main straight so they are looking directly into it at the start and they have to wait until it's safe. I'll try and find out and post when I know.

2. Labrador is at the north end of the Gold Coast and the nearest airport is at Coolangatta. From the airport to the track is (at a rough guess) 45 minutes by car. The Gold Coast is a long narrow strip built along the coast, the airport is at one end, Labrador is at the other !! By plane it's just under an hour from Sydney to Coolangatta.

3. The other (worse) alternative is flying to Brisbane (about an hour from Sydney) and driving down. To put it in perspective Labrador is probably about a quarter of the way between Coolangatta and Brisbane (closer to Coolangatta) but if you have any business in Brisbane it's an option. There is a good freeway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Try http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/103184.php if it helps

Unfortunately the three venues for the newly formatted Australian Championships are quite spread out, Mildura is the most difficult to get to and is a fair drive from the main centres. Gosford and Labrador are both reasonably close to Sydney and Brisbane respectively, however if you are travelling from Brisbane to Labrador and don't have a car a train to Helensvale is probably the best option, as Sir Lunchalot said flying into Coolangatta is a slightly better option.

If anyone needs any assistance re Labrador send me a private message and I'll help out in any way I can.

What are peoples thoughts on the new format for the Aussie Title?

All three rounds are at smallish race tracks, Gosford and Mildura are similar to many euro circuits although Labrador is unique mainly because of its downhill run into turn three, in my opinion Labrador is definitely the pick of the three and the meeting there should be a classic, definitely the biggest event staged at the venue thus far.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm debating on doing Labrador BH. I'm from Melbourne and I am definitely planning to do Gosford and Mildura. However my sister rather selfishly has her birthday on January 10th and it's a family "thing" that we make every effort to all attend all birthdays as most other times we all seem to be here, there, and everywhere. My best chance is if she decides to go away on holidays like she did last year (and I'm telling her she looks run down and needs a long break away <cough cough>).

As for the three round format I have mixed emotions. To me it doesn't have the excitement as a "one off" and getting ALL the top riders to compete is hard enough with a single meeting, let alone three. On the other hand many more people will get a chance to see the top riders "at a track near them" and if that translates to bums on seats and extra promotion of the sport then it's a plus.

My big worry is the final round will be a damp squib as the riders who can't win or finish in a place decide to find excuses not to ride. Don't quote me but I heard Jason Crump wasn't doing the third round as he has business in Europe he needs to go back over and get sorted. As always with these kind of things I would love to be proved wrong !!!

hello brizheathen ---might I know you from my days at Dudley Wood ??

jan 10th may be too much of a rush by the look of it. had it been an afternoon meeting I might have been able to get to it but I fly out from Sydney that night and I don't think I'll be able to make it. So as it stands the only meeting on when I'm out is Gosford next Sunday --so if you're there it would be great to say hello and have a beer.

Laurence Rogers aka Main Man.

I'm debating on doing Labrador BH. I'm from Melbourne and I am definitely planning to do Gosford and Mildura. However my sister rather selfishly has her birthday on January 10th and it's a family "thing" that we make every effort to all attend all birthdays as most other times we all seem to be here, there, and everywhere. My best chance is if she decides to go away on holidays like she did last year (and I'm telling her she looks run down and needs a long break away <cough cough>).

As for the three round format I have mixed emotions. To me it doesn't have the excitement as a "one off" and getting ALL the top riders to compete is hard enough with a single meeting, let alone three. On the other hand many more people will get a chance to see the top riders "at a track near them" and if that translates to bums on seats and extra promotion of the sport then it's a plus.

My big worry is the final round will be a damp squib as the riders who can't win or finish in a place decide to find excuses not to ride. Don't quote me but I heard Jason Crump wasn't doing the third round as he has business in Europe he needs to go back over and get sorted. As always with these kind of things I would love to be proved wrong !!!

Labrador should be the pick of the three, the Gold Coast circuit produces very good racing, hope your persuasive powers are top notch Sir Lunchalot, be nice to meet up if you can make it.

As for the three round format, if what I hear is correct the rounds are very expensive to stage, so I hope the crowds come out in force, obviously the top riders attendance will help, lets hope what happens in rounds one and two only has a positive effect on round three..

Labrador is a small club and I'm quite delighted but surprised they are staging this meeting, a lot of hard work will be taking place behind the scenes so that they can cope with the extra people, should be a great night.

I certainly hope the Jason Crump story isn't true. With a week between rounds I've got my fingers crossed that he'll wait until after the final round before departing these shores.

Edited by BrizHeathen