British Speedway Forum

It has been announced that the once hugely popular Brandonapolis individual meeting is to be re-introduced to the Coventry racing calendar. The meeting which used to be held just after the World Final was once known as the revenge meeting because Charles Ochiltree would book as many as possible of the competitors from the world championship final, and it was an opportunity for riders to get one over on those who had done well in that event. The meeting went the same way as many other individual meetings in that it ran out of steam in the mid 1980s. The management appear to have decided that by holding it early in the season, before the Swedish, Polish and Grand Prix seasons commence, the top class rider will return, for an opportunity to sharpen up for the season and at the same time possibly win a substantial prize. The Bees top men are set to compete along with a number of current Grand Prix stars, names to be announced in the near future.

What do you, the speedway public think, will you be interested in attending such an event?

Edited by Beeone

I shall be attending this, hope we can get some guys who have not ridden in Britain before or for a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing the line up :)

I much prefer to watch team racing than individual meetings, but I'll be there of course.

I remember the old Brandonapolis...... and The Golden Gauntlets at Leicester...... so it's good to see it has been revived.

Great move I think! With just 16 league fixtures and 1 cup guarenteed there is room on the fixture list, plus doing it early will get some good continental riders over who don't have league racing till April.

Now that I've seen the admission prices I don't think my family will be going. £20 for adults and £15 for concessions is having a laugh. I don't suppose my season ticket will be valid. When paying out for season tickets for my family I didn't expect to have to find another £60 to see the second meeting of the season! I'm still struggling through the recession!

To be fair though its only £5 more than normal and if its a world class field then i don't think people will mind paying up a few extra pounds for it. The sooner they start putting a few names our way the better.

It's not a few extra pounds for my family it's £60. We have season tickets but won't be able to use them for this meeting. My husband is unemployed and my daughter is a student so neither have any form of income but would have to pay £35 admission.

The normal admission cost for you and your family would be £48, somits £12 extra, I dont see how you could think this meeting would be included in the cost of your season ticket.

I don't expect it to be included as part of my season ticket. I don't want to pay out extra admission costs so early in the season - it's too soon after paying for the season ticket. Some clubs just charge the extra for their individual meetings. I would be happy to pay the extra £12.00.

Would be fair enough to offer discounts to season ticket holders at least IMO. As pointed out, to expect them to pay £20 for the second meeting of the season is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Edited by Silver Bee

Would be fair enough to offer discounts to season ticket holders at least IMO. As pointed out, to expect them to pay £20 for the second meeting of the season is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Does depend on the quality of the field, of which as yet we've heard 0%

Hans Andersen, Matej Zagar, Chris Harris, Edward Kennett, Rory Schlein & Ben Barker are the first riders named

http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1117

Please invite Freddie :D

Andersen & Zagar, excellent news, excellent quality

Would've been expecting to see Bees top 4.

Can we now have AJ and Greg announced please :D

Do please, these 2 will swell the punters for sure. :approve: