Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

If the rumours about Greg, AJ and Emil are true too, this is looking like being one of the strongest individual meetings in a long time. :D

If the rumours about Greg, AJ and Emil are true too, this is looking like being one of the strongest individual meetings in a long time. :D

If they turn up :wink:

sounds like to me ther trying to get a a GP line up, all of a sudden a cut price cardiff is on the horizon....

i remember the 70's and it was agreat event, think you would need semis and a final just like a gp to keep riders interested

I notice the Anniversary meeting at Somerset is free for season ticket holders but in any case the admission costs are a more reasonable £13, £10 and £4 AND the line up includes Hans Andersen, Lee Richardson and Seb Ulamek. Much better value for money imo. Why fleece the supporters to give silly prize money?

Maybe because if you give "silly" prize money you have a chance of attracting the top guys there :rolleyes:

Scott Nicholls now confirmed:

http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1123

Sounds like a very useful line-up so far.

Useful, is that the best you can do. :wink:

This line-up so far is MINT.

So, when are people starting to queue for this? :-))

Edited by colincooke

Now... :unsure: Is a very good line up...

.....if everyone turns up of course! :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunately for some who were getting carried away by the rumour department it seems Emil will not be at Brandon, this was his manager interviewed on the SGP website; -

"Suskiewicz said: “We have the bikes ready and we’re just waiting for the dates when we will go testing. We’re not doing any meetings in England before the GP starts, but we’ll have some in Poland – that’s for sure. We will be 100 percent ready for the first Grand Prix."

It's a shame but the line-up is still looking pretty good.

Edited by Beeone

The line up is looking impressive already and i will be there!

The next name to be added to the list is Neils Kristian Iversen.

Confirmed on Official Website

Edited by colincooke

this will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like, do big names pull in the crowds?

i know that "lapsed" speedway fans are interested in the brandonopolis as both my6self and missues have been surprissed by how many people "used to go to this" and are considering going!

if you can get these prople through the gates again and smell the bikes then i think it will all be worthwhile.

if its just the same old faces down the backstraight then this experiment will have achieved nothing.

i have a suspicion that it might be busy, just like the gp challenge which was ridiculled on this forum but was probab;ly the biggest crowd outside of the gp and play offs