Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

British Final And Semi Finals

Tai hasn't pulled up any trees all season so far and we all know why that is. In turn he also doesn't deserve the sympathy vote and neither has he asked for it.

He simply wasn't good enough to qualify for the final folks, get used to it

Tai hasn't pulled up any trees all season so far and we all know why that is. In turn he also doesn't deserve the sympathy vote and neither has he asked for it.

He simply wasn't good enough to qualify for the final folks, get used to it

I have to agree with what you say. Tai's dad was at every meeting last season, helping him focus on the day and mechanically. However, on top of this, Tai is having a consolidation season.

Tai has always been a confident rider, he knew his bikes were good and was always on a false average. His whole mindset is different this year, as for the first time in his career he is not going to be getting those easier rides which in turn build confidence to take into the big heats.

Not making the final is obviously a big big shame for Tai but, maybe it'll take some heat off of him and allow him to just 'race his bike...'

According to BSPA, Hurry and Grieves have pulled out, with Mills and Bowen replacing them. I thought Derek Sneddon was a reserve for the Kings Lyns Semi final, or did I just make that up or dream it?

SICKNESS and injury have forced Paul Hurry and James Grieves to withdraw from the British Semi-Final being staged at King’s Lynn tomorrow night.

Luke Bowen and Chris Mills have been drafted in to replace them.

REVISED LINE-UP (King’s Lynn, Wednesday, May 12):

Lee Richardson (Unattached), Chris Harris (Coventry), Simon Stead (Swindon), Lewis Bridger (Peterborough), Chris Mills (Bournemouth), Paul Clews (Berwick), Leigh Lanham (Newport and Belle Vue), Adam Roynon (Workington), Chris Schramm (Workington), Joe Haines (King’s Lynn and Wolverhampton), Ben Wilson (Redcar), Luke Bowen (Rye House), Chris Neath (Rye House), Jason King (Newcastle), Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe), Eddie Kennett (Coventry).

The top eight will qualify for the British Final at Wolverhampton on Monday, June 14.

I can't believe people are moaning because Tai Woffinden hasn't qualified! Unfortunately for him he wasn't at the races in his first three rides and that's just tough as it is for any other rider in the field who might have had a chance to qualify should the meeting had run it's course.

The British Final isn't just about Tai Woffinden.

Thank you for that, Midnight.

It's very refreshing to read input based on logic and consideration of the facts rather than hero worship and bias.

No doubt young Mr Woffinden will have his day.

Well I hope Mr Woffinden has his day for GB but based on the below found on speedway star website who knows: -

The semi at Sheffield was rained off after 12 heats with Woffy failing to make the cut. “There was meant to be a ballot to decide which riders went where, but I could have gone to King’s Lynn,” said Tai, referring to the other semi-final venue. “It makes me wonder why I chose to race for Britain. I still can ride for Australia I guess, there’s nothing stopping me.”

Well I hope Mr Woffinden has his day for GB but based on the below found on speedway star website who knows: -

The semi at Sheffield was rained off after 12 heats with Woffy failing to make the cut. “There was meant to be a ballot to decide which riders went where, but I could have gone to King’s Lynn,” said Tai, referring to the other semi-final venue. “It makes me wonder why I chose to race for Britain. I still can ride for Australia I guess, there’s nothing stopping me.”

Talk about spitting the dummy! Now he wants to take his ball and run back to Oz?

From the Updates Site

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD� ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: MrMungo

Updater: Fozzie

[move]Riders Qualified: Chris Harris, Eddie Kennett, Simon Stead, Lewis Bridger, Chris Schramm, Jason King, Paul Clews and Leigh Lanham[/move]

Line-up

1. Lee Richardson (Lakeside) 0, Fx = 0 Withdrawn

2. Chris Harris (Coventry) 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 14

3. Simon Stead (Swindon) 1, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 13

4. Lewis Bridger (Peterborough) 2, 2, 3, 3, 3 = 13

5. Chris Mills (Bournemouth) R, 2, R, M, 1 = 3

6. Paul Clews (Berwick) 3, 1, 2, 0, 2 = 8

7. Leigh Lanham (Newport/Belle Vue) 2, 1, 2, 2, 0 = 7

8. Adam Roynon (Stoke) 1, 0, 0, 1, 3 = 5

9. Chris Schramm (Workington) 3, 3, 1, 2, 1 = 10

10. Joe Haines (Kings Lynn/Wolverhampton) 2, 0, 0 = 2 Withdrawn

11. Ben Wilson (Redcar) R, R = 0 Withdrawn

12. Luke Bowen (Rye House) 1, 1, 1, 0, 0 = 3

13. Chris Neath (Rye House) 2, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 7

14. Jason King (Newcastle) 1, 2, 2, 1, 2 = 8

15. Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe/Ipswich) R, 2, 2, 1, Fx = 5

16. Edward Kennett (Coventry) 3, 3, 3, 2, 3 = 14

Reserves

17. Darren Mallett (Kings Lynn) 1, 3, 1, 2 = 7

Heat Results

Heat 01: Harris, Bridger, Stead, Richardson ret 59.64

Line Up: Richardson, Harris, Stead, Bridger

Comments: Harris from gate. Bridger looked good! Richardson pulled up lap 3 well adrift.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.net

Heat 02: Clews, Lanham, Roynon, Mills ret 61.87

Line Up: Mills, Lanham, Clews, Roynon

Comments: Mills fell 4th bend under pressure from Roynon. Mills then retired start of lap 2. Clews passed Lanham last lap.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Schramm, Haines, Bowen, Wilson ret 61.94

Line Up: Haines, Wilson, Schramm, Bowen

Comments: Wilson struggled and retired lap 2 while last.

Sponsored by: Speedway fans, we will take your favourite picture and turn it into an awesome one-off gift, check us out at www.createaclock.co.uk

Heat 04: Re-run Kennett, Neath, King, Wilkinson ret 60.58

Line Up: Wilkinson, King, Kennett, Neath

Comments: Unstatisfactory start all4back. Kennett quick away and never troubled. Close between other three down backstraight. Wilko pulled up entering bend 3 while 3rd. King lifted coming out of bend 2 lap 3 and fell gifting Neath 2nd. King quickly up to complete race.

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Re-runx2 Schramm, Mills, Neath 61.05

Line Up: Neath, Richardson, Mills, Schramm

Comments: Richardson locks it up bend 2 and falls awkwardly. Mills couldnt avoid him. Richardson excluded from re-run. Ambulance on track. Ref not happy with the restart all3back. Neath always close to Mills. Mills held him off well.

Sponsored by Splod

Richardson has Hand/Ankle injuries as well as a headache according to MrMungo.

Heat 06: Harris, King, Clews, Haines 59.48

Line Up: King, Haines, Harris, Clews

Comments: Harris by a mile. Haines too wide 2nd bend and Clews nipped by on inside.

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Stead, Wilkinson, Lanham, Wilson ret 60.93

Line Up: Wilson, Wilkinson, Lanham, Stead

Comments: Wilson kept it too tight 2nd bend and Lanham passed him. Wilson pulled up lap 3 - looks to be struggling. Wilkinson didnt let Stead get away and was close a few times.

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Kennett, Bridger, Bowen, Roynon 60.42

Line Up: Bridger, Roynon, Bowen, Kennett

Comments: Messy First bend between Kennett and Bridger. Kennett pulled away after that.

Sponsored by www.methanolpilot.com - dedicated to helping speedway

Richardson out of the meeting. Mallett in to take the rest of the rides.

Wilson also withdrawn from meeting no reason why but i presume its a reacurrance of his injury.

Heat 09: Kennett, Clews, Mallett 61.37

Line Up: Clews, Kennett, Richardson Mallett, Wilson

Comments: Clews all over Mallett in the latter stages and nips by Mallett on the finish line.

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Harris, Wilkinson, Bowen, Mills ret 59.77

Line Up: Bowen, Mills, Wilkinson, Harris

Comments: Wilkinson slow away but flies round the 2 on the inside coming out of bend 2. Mills pulls up start of lap 2.

Sponsored by

Heat 11: Stead, King, Schramm, Roynon 60.52

Line Up: Roynon, Schramm, Stead, King

Comments: King by Schramm down backstraight. Roynon was getting close to Schramm until he got out of shape lap 3.

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Bridger, Lanham, Neath, Haines 61.77

Line Up: Neath, Bridger, Haines, Lanham

Comments: Fine by by Bridger after a messy first few bens. Passed Neath end of lap 1. and got by Lanham lap 2.

Sponsored by Thinking about getting a website? - www.brightstardesigns.co.uk - The Bright Light In Website Design

****INTERVAL**** (Haines now withdrawn same reason as Wilson i presume).

Heat 13: Mallett, Lanham, King, Bowen 62.22

Line Up: Lanham, Bowen, King, Richardson Mallett

Comments: Mallett gated and never put under that much pressure. King close to Lanham early on but lost ground lap 2. (Updates Comment: Can Reserves Qualify?)

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Harris, Neath, Roynon 60.55

Line Up: Harris, Neath, Roynon, Wilson

Comments: 3 riders only. Well spread out by the end

Sponsored by

Heat 15: Re-run Stead, Kennett, Mallett 60.95

Line-up: Kennett, Stead, Haines Mallett, Mills

Comments: Kennett and Mallett clash on bend 2. Mallett down no exclusions. Race to be re-run. Mills now been excluded under 2 mins rule. Stead just beat Kennett to first bend and that was that.

Sponsored by Deadlock Clothing - www.deadlockclothinguk.com

Heat 16: Bridger, Schramm, Wilkinson, Clews 61.23

Line-up: Schramm, Clews, Bridger, Wilkinson

Comments: Wilko close to Schramm early on but Wilko lost ground on the whiteline on lap 2.

Heat 17: Re-run Roynon, Mallett 61.94

Line-up: Richardson Mallett, Roynon, Wilkinson, Haines

Comments: 3 riders only. Tight between all of them down the backstraight. Wilkinson out of shape entering 3rd bend taking Mallett down with him. Re-run without Wilkinson. Mallett gates, Roynon cuts back and passes him clean as you like down backstraight.

Heat 18: Kennett, Harris, Schramm, Lanham 60.97

Line-up: Schramm, Harris, Lanham, Kennett

Comments: Schramm gates, Harris and Kennett go either side of him down backstraight. Schramm briefly into 2nd again then Harris passed him again.

Heat 19: Re-run Stead, Clews, Neath, Bowen 61.41

Line-up: Stead, Bowen, Neath, Clews

Comments: Unstatisfactory start all4back.

Heat 20: Bridger, King, Mills 62.15

Line-up: Mills, King, Wilson, Bridger

Comments: 3 riders only. Mills slid off lap 3 but got up again to complete the race.

Run-off for the 8th Spot: Lanham, Neath

Line-up: Lanham vs Neath, Lanham off outside gates and wins. Neath chases but needed an extra 2 or 3mph down the straights. Schramm wants the final at Stoke :-/

Comments:

Line-up confirmed.

Tonight's SCB Referee is Mr Dale Entwistle

7.15pm: Bridger has just decided to turn up.

� 2005-2010 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Talk about spitting the dummy! Now he wants to take his ball and run back to Oz?

Well so be it - you need two balls to be British!!!!!!icon_lol.gif

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Well done Edward and Bomber.I'm very much looking forward to the final B)

Well done Steady.

Hope Rico is ok .