British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

British Final And Semi Finals

Hi, I'm visiting UK for work purposes and will be probably based in Nottingham. This will be an opprotunity to catch the British Final on 14/06... Is there any trains or buses commuting between Wolverhampton and Nottingham? Thnx

Hi, I'm visiting UK for work purposes and will be probably based in Nottingham. This will be an opprotunity to catch the British Final on 14/06... Is there any trains or buses commuting between Wolverhampton and Nottingham? Thnx

You can get a train between Nottingham and Wolverhampton (via Birmingham). It takes just under 2 hrs.

You can check times and book tickets on http://www.thetrainline.com

Ticket prices are usually lower if bought in advance on the web...

You can get a train between Nottingham and Wolverhampton (via Birmingham). It takes just under 2 hrs.

You can check times and book tickets on http://www.thetrainline.com

Ticket prices are usually lower if bought in advance on the web...

Thanks dude

OK, The British Final is on Monday and despite there being no Tai Woffinden or Lee Richardson, there is still quite a few that COULD lift the British Title and claim the Wild Card for Cardiff a month later. No doubt Bomber and Nicholls will start as the favourites with Scott clear favourite to get the WC place.

However there is just cause to look at other contenders from the line up

EDWARD KENNETT has to be in with a good chance of yet another Cardiff space but his last few appearances at Monmore haven't been great and his gating could let him down in the big final.

SIMON STEAD has struggled at Monmore for the last few seasons and he would be a bit of a shock winner despite his recent good form.

LEWIS BRIDGER has had quite a few good scores at Wolves and with a grippy track he could give Scott a run for the Cardiff ride. One to watch here if up for the challenge.

DANIEL KING may have to beat Ashworth first but last Monday saw him give Lindgren a run for his money on this track but he also had to admit second best to little Lindgren too so its which King turns up in each race that counts here. Won his U18 title here a few years back.

OLIVER ALLEN may not have been a prolific scorer at away tracks in recent times but his scores at Monmore are quite impressive and if he is fit and ready he could be a good dark horse here. If you can get an E/W bet on him you may get a decent return !

DANIEL KING may have to beat Ashworth first but last Monday saw him give Lindgren a run for his money on this track but he also had to admit second best to little Lindgren too so its which King turns up in each race that counts here. Won his U18 title here a few years back.

If he has to beat Ashworth we might have a long wait on Monday.....I think you mean Richard Hall :D

I will kill myself laughing if King loses to Hall after his interview about getting his set-up for next week. Go get him Richard!!!

I also recall Scott and Bomber met in heat one of the 2008 final at Swindon. Scott was at #2 and Chris at #4(the reverse of their riding numbers at Wolverhampton). Scott won the race and went on to win the meeting.

I will kill myself laughing if King loses to Hall after his interview about getting his set-up for next week. Go get him Richard!!!

Why would you say that, he needs his set-up to be right if he is to beat Richard doesn't he?

Why would you say that, he needs his set-up to be right if he is to beat Richard doesn't he?

World Cup star King should just be able to turn up to Wolves and beat Hally!! I wonder how many races King has rode at Wolves since Hall did about three/four years ago!! Come on Richard!!

Had really heavy rain falls today and there are some scheduled for tomorrow too.

The Wolves track can take a good amount of water so if the rain mainly misses WV2 tomorrow the track should be excellent for the final with plenty of grip to suit the racers like Bomber, Scott, Bridger and Steady.

Still have a weird feeling that Oliver Allen could spring the suprise in this one

Edited by T.N.T.

Ill be watching this on SKY if its on.

I wont be parting with 20 quid for a largely PL line with only nicholls, Bomber and Kennett likely to feature - with Stead as a threat.

Bomber 1st Nicholls 2nd. Cant see any other way.

Ill be watching this on SKY if its on.

I wont be parting with 20 quid for a largely PL line with only nicholls, Bomber and Kennett likely to feature - with Stead as a threat.

Bomber 1st Nicholls 2nd. Cant see any other way.

What about Nicholls first, and Bomber second?

What about Nicholls first, and Bomber second?

Suppose so :rolleyes:

but cant see any other combination is what i meant.