British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ron manager

Kings Lynn Stars

Dear all

I was a fanatic of the golden years of Kings Lynn.1975 to early 80s , and i saw some fantastic racing and made friends with alot of the riders.

I am racking my brains trying to think what the parade music at the start of every meeting was when they used to line up near the tapes with their bikes and on a summers eve to see Betts,Lee Helsen and Turner ride round with no helmets on was a joy .

I have looked everywhere ,i have spoken to the men in the know at Kings Lynn but no-one knows it.

Please could any-one give me a clue or know the name of it.

Thanks Mark

Oh yes and Mike" the Bike" Lee ,what a true legend of the sport

I would take a guess at The start of "The Gallop" from "William Tell".

I dont know, but quite a few tracks used that, I think one or two still do.

Sorry, I was thinking about the music they may have played just before the tapes went up

Trees i would like to say you are a s.t.a.r. what memories this has brought back .

My brother used to weld for all the Kings Lynn team and got to meet them personally and knew them well good days indeed .

One of my memories is Mike Lee coming out of the second bend with his bike and body in true harmony.

Thanks for all your help,and what a great site for us old enthusiasts

mark :approve:

Thanks Trees, I had called my Mum and after lots of do,do,do do-do-do do do ing we got the tune and the memories flooding back but alas no title to seach Youtube for, not a dry eye in either of our houses tonight but thanks again

I had to look all through this section of the forum to find the name, I wanted to hear it as much as you lol I couldn't remember the name of it but I could remember a thread months ago about speedway tunes :)

Most youngsters don't understand how much that tune meant to us fans (still does :D), I was only a kid when I started going to Lynn and certainly not into band music but it became part of the night for me, I always marched out of the stadium at the end of the meeting too :D Ahhhhhhhh those were the days ;)