Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

That's another fine race you've gotten me in to.

The Cradley rider in the fetching titfer is Bob Andrews Grach

And a jolly fetching titfer it is too. Cheers Frigbo (& Norbold).

Edited by Grachan

Yes, it's Christmas time, and what would Christmas be without a Panto?

Remember when Panto Villain cum Fairy Godmother Bruce Penhall cast a magic spell so that Cinders (Dennis Sigalos) shall go to the ball. Also starring Shawn and Kelly Moran as The Ugly Sisters.

'It's Brucie!'

'Where?'

'Behi-i-i-ind you!!!'

Edited by Grachan

Guest maddriver

I went to this meeting, if you can remember there was also a run off between les collins,peter collins and shawn moran which also featured a few tactics although not as blatant,didnt hear pc booed!!!

I didn't see that much in the run-off, except they possibly looked for each other on the first turn. After that it seemed a fairly legitimate race.

There was also the Inter Continetal final the same year, where Ole Olsen waved a couple of Danes through on the last lap.

Thanks for ther memory there, Grachan. One of the all time great races. Ahem! ;)

One of the all time great races.

OH...NO...IT...ISN'T!!

It's that 1974 World Team Cup final again. Heat 15, and Dave Jessup clinches the title for England without even the merest hint of an engine failure.

Edited by Grachan

Who can forget the 1983 NL Fours at Peterborough. The final featured Newcastle v Milton Keynes v Mildenhall v Long Eaton.

Edited by Grachan

Smashing stuff from Peterborough that Grach.

Something I noticed there - which you rarely find in racing these days- is that they all left each other at least a handlebars worth of room throughout.

Nice one Grachan!

I really look forward to your features and they warm up winter's days, thanks.

I went to college in 1978 with an embittered ex Panther junior who said Richard Knight would never do anything...how wrong he got that one! Never thought I'd see him on TV again, just having my own memories of his journey from Fen Tigers 2nd halfer to heat leader, then KL Stars no 1.... Arguably Mildenhall's most successful ever rider.

Some race given that Dave Perks was one of the kings of the National League at the time after dropping down.

All from the time when Mildenhall had the upper hand on Peterborough, which may not happen again for a while.

Do you have anything from the Anglia TV Match of the Week series with Rockets/Tigers/Panther battles??? Or Lee vs Louis? Would love to see some of that!

Thanks again for your efforts........

Good point Falcace, and all the better for it. Whatever became of Martin Scarisbrick though. There was a real buzz about him on our 1983 World Final coach.

Edited by Grachan

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I certainly enjoy all of your clips too Grachan but I'll need a bigger hard disk soon though !! I "lost" speedway for a lot of years after I came out here as a kid with my folks (bet the youngsters don't believe me when I say there was no internet back then) and it's a delight to catch up with some of the events I never knew existed.

Kicking myself though, with the Christmas running about I missed the one you put up on 27th Dec. Perhaps I'll get it again when you start doing the repeats next year :D

Why thank you kind sir.

Edited by Grachan