British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

Welcome to the thread again!

Deadline for the team line-ups for this years Extraliiga is the end of February. Four teams will take part after KMMK/Keittiöpiste decided not to enter stating rider shortage as the main reason. Teams in Extraliiga 2010 are:

Haukat from Lahti are my favourites for the title after managing to track Tomi Reima, Joni Kitala, Teemu and Timo Lahti and Kalle Katajisto.

Jokerit from Kauhajoki will track Niko Siltaniemi, Markku Autio, Tero Aarnio, Jiri Nieminen and Joni Keskinen.

Paholaiset from Pori will return to Extraliiga after a years absence with local lads leading the team. Petri Koskela, Marko Suojanen, Aarni Heikkilä, Jouni Viljanen, Jere Lehtonen and Jari Mäkinen returning too.

Kotkat from Seinäjoki will build their team around Juha Hautamäki and Rene Lehtinen. Appe Mustonen is also considered.

New meeting format has been introduced with 4 teams for a match and teams racing against each other 2 vs. 2 over 18 heats. Teams will face each other three times over the meeting. Riders 1 and 2 are free regarding their average with #3 under 6,00 and #4 under 4,00. It look's promising.

Seven teams entered the Kaupunki Cup with Lahti I and II, Seinäjoki i and II, Pori, Forssa and Kauhajoki. Their line-ups later.

Finnish ice racing news can be found from the ice racing 2010 thread. Next weekend there are two meetings at Kauhajoki and Vaasa. The week following will see Sweden vs. Finland test match Örnsköldsvik Sweden and the weekend witnesses Finnish final at Kuusankoski and the Nordic final at Lahti. Thats it then for the seasons meetings in Finland. Team Finland has done well in the Swedish Allsvenskan and are set to win the final.

So has Patka (Laukkennen) now retired from Finnish Domestic Racing ?

I believe he's retired alltogether from track racing.

It look's likely that a Finnish speedway team will enter Jensen Cup this season, the Swedish 2nd division. Something that has been enquired about frequently here. After Jouni Seppänen managed to lure a Finnish team in to Swedish ice racing others will now follow. Swedish riders are also coming to Finland to ride 80cc this season. This co-operation I believe is welcomed by both parties, Svemo and SML.

Official info on team lineups in Finnish speedway. The spring conference wont be until March 28th so the calendar come's out... who knows!?

Extraliiga 2010

Haukat (SsMK)

Timo Lahti, Tomi Reima, Teemu Lahti, Joni Kitala, Kalle Katajisto ja jj. Vikke Virtanen

Kotkat (SeMK)

Juha Hautamäki, Rene Lehtinen, Appe Mustonen, Jarkko Palmi, Mika Loppi, Teemu Mattila, Markku Larronmaa ja jj. Mikko Koskinen

Paholaiset (PMK)

Jari Mäkinen, Marko Suojanen, Aarni Heikkilä, Petri Koskela, Jouni Viljanen, Jere Lehtonen ja jj. Panu Karvonen

Jokerit (KauhjMK)

Tero Aarnio, Niko Siltaniemi, Joni Keskinen, Jiri Nieminen, Markku Autio ja jj. Timo Kujanpää

Kaupunki Cup 2010

Seinäjoki I (SeMK)

Jarkko Palmi, Teemu Mattila ja jj. Rauno Palmi

Seinäjoki II (SeMK)

Mika Loppi, Markku Larronmaa ja jj. Veli-Matti Loppi

Lahti I (SsMK)

Jukka Nieminen, Jiri Nieminen ja jj. Raija Nieminen

Lahti II (SsMK)

Janne Nyman, Kalle Kivistö ja jj. Jukka Malin

Pori (PMK)

Jouni Viljanen, Jere Lehtonen ja jj. Petri Meritähti

Kauhajoki (KauhjMK)

Jan-Erik Korkeamäki, Olli Heikkilä ja jj. Jussi Heikkilä

Forssa (FMS)

Reima Heikkilä, Jarkko Kunnaskari, Jani Eerikäinen ja jj. Aarni Heikkilä

What is expected from Mika Loppi?Thought he was the best Finn in the 80cc scene last year,wasn't he? :unsure:

What is expected from Mika Loppi?Thought he was the best Finn in the 80cc scene last year,wasn't he? :unsure:

With out putting too much pressure on the guy I have a quote saying he's the next Finnish world champion, first that is... :lol: This was though before he'd done a lap on a 500cc, but as a person he's the sort of guy who could take the steps to really become something. He did a few laps at the end of last season but none of "my people" saw it so no comment on that.

For a couple of years now I've always felt a bit confused while Stekkers has been talking about losing these young riders while in their teens. Well he has 80 of them and Finland has 8 and I'm starting to get the picture. :neutral:

I just wondered how is KingsLynn asset Jari Mäkinen.

I just wondered how is KingsLynn asset Jari Mäkinen.

In the army and hopefully turning in to a man.

EDIT: On the other hand there's the old saying that the army turns even the best men in to lazy äss drunks. :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

In the army and hopefully turning in to a man.

EDIT: On the other hand there's the old saying that the army turns even the best men in to lazy äss drunks. :lol:

Dose that mean no more speedway ?

Dose that mean no more speedway ?

National service is compulsory for all men in Finland and last's between 6 to 12 months nowadays. If he plays (wants to play) his cards right it will only benefit him with his speedway.

Finnish riders for the longtrack and grasstrack qualis:

Longtrack WC

29.5. Artiques de Lussac, Ranska: Rene Lehtinen

31.7. Werlte, Saksa: Aki-Pekka Mustonen ja Markus Helin

Grasstrack EC

10.7. Aduard, Hollanti: Rene Lehtinen

18.7. Truro, Iso-Britannia: Pasi Pulliainen ja Petri Kärki.

Finnish team for the Lonigo qualifier of SWC

Timo Lahti, Kalle Katajisto, Kauko Nieminen (captain), Juha Hautamäki and Tomi Reima.

There's a draft of the Finnish calendar out already but I dont see any reason to post it as there's gonna be changes to it. It's likely it wont be confirmed until April. It was April 2nd last year, we'll see if it's a joke this year or is it gonna take longer. :rolleyes:

Edited by f-s-p

Are there already any termins for speedway in Finland? League, ind. champs, etc.?

I was going through the FIM allocations and it seems that Finland has 3+1 places in the U21 qualis with 3 at Holsted and 1 at Gdansk. Sweden also has 1 at Gdansk and the danes 3 at Lendava. Holsted is 6 DMU, 6 SVEMO, 3 SML and 1 NMF.

So they are breaking the Scandinavian tradition bit by bit... :lol:

According to www.speedwaysanomat.fi...

Timo Lahti and Kalle Katajisto have been told that they are representing Finland in the U21 and U19 international qualifiers. Both are also in the Finnish SWC lineup. There are still two places open for the U21 WC qualifiers and a separate miniqualifier for these two places will take place at Hallstavik, Sweden at the federation training camp between 16th and 18th of April.

Santa Claus just been to my house. Lots of pressies. Good Finnish mags and pics, not to mention choco, glasses etc.

Will communicate via the normal chanels.

Mr and Mrs Pugwash

Edited by pugwash