British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

Yup,Santa made a delivery to me as well :approve: 5 fotos in the latest Sanomat :approve: .......but still that elusive front cover evades me :mad::wink:

Hope to be the official Sanomat fotographer at Holsted then :rolleyes:

Santa Claus just been to my house. Lots of pressies. Good Finnish mags and pics, not to mention choco, glasses etc.

Will communicate via the normal chanels.

Mr and Mrs Pugwash

I'll get back to this later, have some winding up to do at the spring conference and just came back from a short break, with kids :rolleyes:

Yup,Santa made a delivery to me as well :approve: 5 fotos in the latest Sanomat :approve: .......but still that elusive front cover evades me Hope to be the official Sanomat fotographer at Holsted then

There was one by you (23) that was identical with Ian's, just that yours was better. I spent a good while watching it to find out who's taken it before I realised that there were actually two pics the same. Front cover is waiting for applications, this one was pretty good again... Holsted is a given. :approve:

There was one by you (23) that was identical with Ian's, just that yours was better.

I'm going to frame this and put it on my wall :approve::wink:

Who knows,maybe next year i will keep saying to him "Wow!Look at this picture........"and get on his nerves :angry::lol:

I'm going to frame this and put it on my wall

Who knows,maybe next year i will keep saying to him "Wow!Look at this picture........"and get on his nerves :angry::lol:

Do that! :approve::lol:

Loads of changes to the calendar as expected but the finalized edition should be out next week. These are accurate for sure:

Season opener Yyteri Speedway May 13th, Pori

Individual final August 7th, Kauhajoki

Individual championship qualifier July 24th, TBC Kuusankoski or Seinäjoki

U21 final July 17th, Lahti

Pairs final August 24th, Kuusankoski

Extraliiga rules are pretty clear for next season alltough I can still see possibilities for unnecessary "situations" and changing of views... Loads of snow at the moment around the tracks, one was told holding 60cm at the moment. Come on spring!

Edited by f-s-p

I'm going to frame this and put it on my wall :approve::wink:

Naaaaah! :lol:

Edinburgh Monarchs v Glasgow Tigers (ST 1st leg) 27/03/10

7. Kalle Katajisto 3,2¹,3,0,2,1 = 11+1

GLASGOW v EDINBURGH - (ST 2nd Leg) 28/03/2010

7. Kalle Katajisto 0,3,3,F,6 = 12

Looking good there fsp, looks like he has got better from last season.

I'll get back to this later, have some winding up to do at the spring conference and just came back from a short break, with kids :rolleyes:

Don't forget the announcement :shock:

Finnish calendar as published April 2nd.

SM-finaalit

7.8. ~ Speedway ~ SM-finaali ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

24.7. ~ Speedway ~ SM-karsinta ~ Kuusankoski, KMMK

17.7. ~ Speedway ~ U21 SM-finaali ~ Lahti, SsMK

24.8. ~ Speedway ~ Pariajon SM-finaali ~ Kuusankoski, KMMK

Extraliiga

22.5. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 1/8 ~ Pori, PMK

1.6. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 2/8 ~ Seinäjoki SeMK

5.6. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 3/8 ~ Lahti, SsMK

12.6. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 4/8 ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

14.8. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 5/8 ~ Lahti, SsMK

17.8. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 6/8 ~ Pori, PMK

28.8. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 7/8 ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

11.9. ~ Speedway ~ Extraliiga 8/8 ~ Kotkat, SeMK

Kaupunki Cup

23.5. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 1/7 ~ Pori, PMK

30.5. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 2/7 ~ Seinäjoki SeMK

6.6. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 3/7 ~ Lahti, SsMK

13.6. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 4/7 ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

15.8. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 5/7 ~ Lahti, SsMK

29.8. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 6/7 ~ Seinäjoki, SeMK

12.9. ~ Speedway ~ Kaupunki Cup 7/7 ~ Pori, PMK

U16 Henkilökohtainen 80cc Suomen Cup

5.6. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 1/6 ~ Lahti, SsMK

6.6. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 2/6 ~ Lahti, SsMK

12.6. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 3/6 ~ Seinäjoki SeMK

13.6. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 4/6 ~ Seinäjoki SeMK

28.8. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 5/6 ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

29.8. ~ Speedway ~ 80cc Suomen Cup 6/6 ~ Seinäjoki, SeMK

Federation training camps

16.4. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri ~ U21 – Hallstavik (SE)

17.4. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri ~ U21 – Hallstavik (SE)

18.4. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri ~ U21 – Hallstavik (SE)

24.4. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri ~ 80cc – Hallstavik (SE)

25.4. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri ~ 80cc – Hallstavik (SE)

15.5. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri + kilpailu ~ 80cc+micro ~ Pori, PMK

12.8. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri U21 ~ Lahti, SsMK

13.8. ~ Speedway ~ Leiri U21 ~ Lahti, SsMK

3.-5.9. ~ Speedway ~ U21 Joukkue ~ Leiri – (SE)

National meetings

13.5. ~ Speedway ~ Yyteri Speedway ~ Pori, PMK

29.5. ~ Speedway ~ Kauhajoki Speedway ~ Kauhajoki, KauhjMK

tbc ~ Speedway ~ Kemppi Speedway ~ Lahti, SsMK

1.7. ~ Speedway ~ U21 Suomi vs. Teurnberg Swedish select ~ Lahti, SsMK

2.7. ~ Speedway ~ U21 Suomi vs. Teurnberg Swedish select ~ Pori, PMK

Longtrack

8.5. ~ maarata ~ Leiri ~ Vaasa, VaMK

15.5. ~ maarata ~ Leiri + Kansallinen kilpailu ~ Heinola, HeMK/SsMK

16.5. ~ maarata ~ Leiri + Kansallinen kilpailu ~ Heinola, HeMK/SsMK

3.7. ~ maarata ~ SM-finaali ~ Forssa, FMS

21.8. ~ maarata ~ Kansallinen ~ Vaasa, VaMK

Finnish season starts this weekend with a training camp at Hallstavik, Sweden. Last time I spoke to our head coach Jyri Palomäki, the camp will go ahead alltough there's been a lot of snow at the track during the winter. Also Juha Hautamäki and Timo Lahti will ride at Vetlanda this coming weekend, or so I'm told. 80cc riders will head up to Hallstavik a week later. Many of them have been practising at Eskilstuna already this season.

Kalle Katajisto was the first to get competitive action this season, alltough Kylmäkorpi had a practise very early on in March. Nieminen followed and now during the past few weeks Jari Mäkinen has been to Poland and Sweden and Niko Siltaniemi, Joni Keskinen and the Lahti bros all were at Eskilstuna. So it's all systems go now!

With the silencers Finland was waiting what Svemo is gonna do and now we know that. Personally I thought I had enough info on the subject and was convinced that Svemo would allow the old one's too until the end of the year and Finland would follow. If we follow now, we risk losing most of the KC riders, since most of them ride for fun. What a mess, I see no point in keeping up with the conversation anymore other than to just laugh to the whole thing at times.

The tarck at Varkaus was opened this tuesday by Appe Mustonen. So it's ok to ride in Finland too.

And Im in the wrong place! I think I should bribe my teachers to let me go back to Finland earlier. Because my plan to do training in Bydgoszcz went... Ei se nyt taas menny ihan niin ku piti prkl.. :blink:

And Im in the wrong place! I think I should bribe my teachers to let me go back to Finland earlier. Because my plan to do training in Bydgoszcz went... Ei se nyt taas menny ihan niin ku piti prkl.. :blink:

With the amount of money you've saved drinking beer in Bydgosz instead of Kuopio this spring you could buy your own practise there... You should atleast go and try again as the track is a bit different.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, actualy life is easy here. With even student budget you can live very nicely. Problem in training in here was that I was not able to get a garrage.. because it was just stupid to bring bikes in here for just a weekend. But.. 3 weeks and flight home. Damn, I havent actualy been this long time away from my bikes in 8 years. I miss them more than the people in Finland. :lol:

Yeah, actualy life is easy here. With even student budget you can live very nicely. Problem in training in here was that I was not able to get a garrage.. because it was just stupid to bring bikes in here for just a weekend. But.. 3 weeks and flight home. Damn, I havent actualy been this long time away from my bikes in 8 years. I miss them more than the people in Finland. :lol:

Were all idiots so who cares! :approve: I lived practically like a king in Berlin some years back with just the basic student money+loan. Tried to find a apprentisship and if that would have happened nothing would have stopped us. It didn't and maybe that was for the better, we still had fun! :approve:

First day of training at Hallstavik and Niko Siltaniemi is outshining the rest including that stupid icelandic fog. Tero Aarnio is apparently also doing really well and doing some riding style adjustments towards the better. He's there to do some training ahead of the new campaign. Looks like anyone who was smart enough to ask for a "license" to come was welcomed open heartedly. AS SHOULD BE THE CASE!

Mika Loppi is also doing well I'm told. Improving by every lap. My feelings about him are made well known in last years thread.

Finland won Stjärnorna at Hallstavik today by sixtysomething to twentysometing. Niko Siltaniemi and Timo Lahti both took max. Hope to get the results early next week. Some pictures can be found from roffe lundstedt site.