British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

Is it true that Kylmakorpi is riding in Lonigo on Saturday?

I have no idea. :oops::rolleyes: Naturally the Slovenian team manager would be my first choice of people to tell my info regarding this one... :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

I have no idea.:oops::rolleyes: Naturally the Slovenian team manager would be my first choice of people to tell my info regarding this one...

Now, now, mate, where's a fair play here? I play with open cards and tell you all the news about Slovenian team and you try to keep secrets about Finnish? Is it another of yours 'FIM doesn't want Finland in the SWC' things??? :wink::lol:

I guess I'll have to rely on Eastbourne news then. They should know if he is riding on Saturday or not. :)

Now, now, mate, where's a fair play here? I play with open cards and tell you all the news about Slovenian team and you try to keep secrets about Finnish? Is it another of yours 'FIM doesn't want Finland in the SWC' things??? :wink::lol:

I guess I'll have to rely on Eastbourne news then. They should know if he is riding on Saturday or not. :)

There's fair and then there's "fair"... :lol:

They have 25 words for Reindeer poo in Finnish,but not a single word for "fair" :wink::lol:

They have 25 words for Reindeer poo in Finnish,but not a single word for "fair"

:lol: actually it's "reilu", pronounced a bit like "raylu"?????? :blink:

I guess this would be a good place and time to ask if tomazpozrl is travelling with any of his photographing friends, I'd be happy to receive and publish a few pics of the meeting... :wink::lol:

Edited by f-s-p

:lol: actually it's "reilu", pronounced a bit like "raylu"?????? :blink:

I guess this would be a good place and time to ask if tomazpozrl is travelling with any of his photographing friends, I'd be happy to receive and publish a few pics of the meeting... :wink::lol:

If we win, you can have all the pics you want. :wink:

Weirdly, I have just directed some Americans to this thread as its the only place that the WTC meeting is being discussed and they are keen to find a source for updates.

Will either Slovenia or Finland be offering an update service for their fans?

It would save us a lot of money texting America from Italy via the UK!!!

And Tomasz / f.s.p. , sorry, no photos as its going to be a USA win!! (please) :lol: :lol:

Will either Slovenia or Finland be offering an update service for their fans?

No updates from Slovenia, I'm afraid. We'll be too busy beating those Finns. :wink:

No updates from Slovenia, I'm afraid. We'll be too busy beating those Finns. :wink:

Thanks Tomaz, no problem beating those Fins, but is it so important when its only for 2nd and 3rd!!

GO TEAM USA!!!! :wink::lol:

According to BSPA website Joonas is riding in Lonigo.

I guess it's not up to FIM to not want us in the World Cup anymore as the Greek goddess of speedway, Spay, apparently has it in for us big time! Timo Lahti was smashed last friday, Kauko has a hand injury from tuesday, according to Anders someone tried to fence Kylmä also on tuesday... Thats speedway I guess... :blink:

The crash between Markku Autio and Teemu Lahti has been downloaded to the net from last years U21 Finnish final. Consider yourselves warned, the last 30 seconds is not pretty. More info on mr Autio from his website at www.autioracing.com

46MB videofile here.

First info on the Finnish season opener Yyteri speedway is online. Tomi Reima, Teemu Lahti, Markku Autio + others are riding...

The crash between Markku Autio and Teemu Lahti has been downloaded to the net from last years U21 Finnish final. Consider yourselves warned, the last 30 seconds is not pretty. More info on mr Autio from his website at www.autioracing.com

46MB videofile here.

First info on the Finnish season opener Yyteri speedway is online. Tomi Reima, Teemu Lahti, Markku Autio + others are riding...

I hope the lad is not seriously injured, the crash looked bad enough. When was this race/crash?

I hope the lad is not seriously injured, the crash looked bad enough. When was this race/crash?

Last year in July. He was taken to a hospital with a suspected broken thigh but was walking the week after again and riding in a few weeks. The last time I spoke to him about this was almost two months after and no xrays were taken by then. But like I said, he was back on the bike only a few weeks after. He had done that same move on the season (-09)opener to another guy who gave room, but this time it did not happen...

Finnish season opener next thursday.

Draw:

1. Joni Keskinen SeMK

2. Teemu Lahti KMMK

3. Jani Eerikäinen KarhMK

4. Aarni Heikkilä FMS

5. Jukka Nieminen SsMK

6. Petri Koskela PMK

7. Jere Lehtonen PMK

8. Rene Lehtinen SeMK

9. Pasi Pulliainen VRT

10. Reima Heikkilä FMS

11. Jiri Nieminen KauhjMK

12. Jouni Viljanen PMK

13. Marko Suojanen PMK

14. Markku Autio KuMaMo

15. -

16. -

Very interesting to see how Pasi Pulliainen will perform...

Yyteri speedway today, pretty good one!

Joni Keskinen KauhjMK 32333 14

Markku Autio KuMaMo 33322 13

Teemu Lahti KMMK 21333 12

Rene Lehtinen SeMK 33222 12

Aarni Heikkilä FMS 11333 11

Petri Koskela PMK 22223 11

Jani Eerikäinen KarhMK 03132 9

Jouni Viljanen PMK 22201 7

Jere Lehtonen PMK 11212 7

Jiri Nieminen KauhjMK 12111 6

Marko Suojanen PMK 23NNN 5

Jukka Nieminen SsMK 01120 4

Pasi Pulliainen VRT 3dNNN 3

Reima Heikkilä FMS 00111 3

Erä erältä:

1. Keskinen, Lahti, Heikkilä, Eerikäinen 64,83

2. Lehtinen, Koskela, Lehtonen, Nieminen 64,81

3. Pulliainen, Viljanen, J.Nieminen, R.Heikkilä 65,36

4. Autio, Suojanen 64,48

5. Suojanen, Keskinen, Nieminen, Pulliainen d 65,81

6. Autio, Koskela, Lahti, R.Heikkilä 64,56

7. Eerikäinen, J.Nieminen, Lehtonen 67,11

8. Lehtonen, Viljanen, Heikkilä 65,55

9. Keskinen, Koskela, J.Nieminen 65,22

10. Lahti, Viljanen, Nieminen 65,78

11. Autio, Lehtinen, Eerikäinen 64,87

12. Heikkilä, Lehtonen, R.Heikkilä 66,13

13. Keskinen, Autio, Lehtonen, Viljanen 65,88

14. Lahti, Lehtinen, J.Nieminen 66,14

15. Eerikäinen, Nieminen, R.Heikkilä 67,52

16. Heikkilä, Koskela 66,35

17. Keskinen, Lehtinen, R.Heikkilä 66,24

18. Lahti, Lehtonen 66,49

19. Koskela, Eerikäinen, Viljanen 67,52

20. Heikkilä, Autio, J.Nieminen, Nieminen 66,48

Finaali: Autio, Keskinen, Lahti, Lehtinen, Heikkilä 65,49

Katsojia 805

Markku Autio won the final before Joni Keskinen and Teemu Lahti. Keskinen was very impressive during the qualifiers and lead after 20 heats. There were a few excellent heats of racing and they all involded Rene Lehtinen. He had a good battle with Autio, Keskinen and Teemu Lahti but lost them all. Lahti had a slow start but started to get on the pace later on. After a good start to the final it looked like he was satisfied with his position after almost throwing it away by try too far from the outside. Pasi Pulliainen (-94 Finnish U21 champion) took an easy win from his first race after a 13 year absence from speedway racing but fell on the first lap of his second and wrecked his bike to a degree that he withdrew himself. His 2nd bike was on it's way to Poland to help Kalle Katajisto's ambitions in the U21 qualis.

Pictures from the meeting have been sent to speedwaysuomi.com and hopefully they'll be online during the weekend.

Edited by f-s-p