British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lance52m

Nick Morris' Final Junior Speedway Ride

Nick Morris' in his final 125cc Junior Speedway ride before leaving for Glasgow, i consider myself lucky enough to have seen Nick in his very first meeting at the Pioneer Park Speedway Brandon all those years ago.

Nick Morris' in his final 125cc Junior Speedway ride before leaving for Glasgow, i consider myself lucky enough to have seen Nick in his very first meeting at the Pioneer Park Speedway Brandon all those years ago.

Judging from the video's I've seen of him he looks like a special talent, hope to get up to Buxton to see him ride. Will he have to quit Buxton when he joins Glasgow?

Judging from the video's I've seen of him he looks like a special talent, hope to get up to Buxton to see him ride. Will he have to quit Buxton when he joins Glasgow?

Hwe should be able to double up if needed but Glasglow would get first choice unless another deal have been done with Buxton. :)

I dont think his place in the Glasgow team this season is a stick-on at this moment in time. The promotion will probably assess things when Nick turns 16 in June and a lot will depend on how well the current septet are performing and how much progress Nick has made. I have said it elsewhere, but it is not often I get excited when it comes to speedway and new Glasgow siginings in particular, but I have a good feeling about young master Morris and I am very happy that the Glasgow promotion have persuaded him to become a Tiger and look forward to him serving his apprenticeship in the Stripes. Also happy to see them snap up Michael Penfold aswell, who has been receiving some good reports down under. Glasgow is a good place for young Aussies starting out on their careers :approve:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

watched the quite boring youtube. Why so much excitement about a lad winning a pointless 125cc race! Will watch him with interest this season but I really wish people would get excited about British youngsters rather than aussies who steal their team places.

watched the quite boring youtube. Why so much excitement about a lad winning a pointless 125cc race! Will watch him with interest this season but I really wish people would get excited about British youngsters rather than aussies who steal their team places.

I think you'll see him become a british rider if he goes good.

Thing is Aussies and others are doing while you're sitting around a comnputer complaining.

I think you'll see him become a british rider if he goes good.

Thing is Aussies and others are doing while you're sitting around a comnputer complaining.

Aussies and others are doing what? Oh yes stealing team places I forgot. No other European Country would allow so many foreigners in their teams. That is my point which you misplace as complaining.

watched the quite boring youtube. Why so much excitement about a lad winning a pointless 125cc race!

Have to agree.. i'd understand if it was a 500cc but why get excited over a 125cc race?

The kid can ride and I think there's a good chance he'll follow in Tai's tyre tracks and ride as a Brit in due course. :)

Lucas, you don't get it do ya? It wasn't a pointless 125cc race for Nick or indeed Lance, it was his last ever ride on that bike.

Its a shame you think 125's are pointless because they are the main reason Aussies are producing so many good kids....125cc racing on mini tracks.

Have a think about that before getting the heebie geebies about young Aussies nicking team spots....oh and Nick's got a British passport, Brit parents and Grandparents. So stick that up ya jumper... :lol:

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Lucas, you don't get it do ya? It wasn't a pointless 125cc race for Nick or indeed Lance, it was his last ever ride on that bike.

Its a shame you think 125's are pointless because they are the main reason Aussies are producing so many good kids....125cc racing on mini tracks.

Have a think about that before getting the heebie geebies about young Aussies nicking team spots....oh and Nick's got a British passport, Brit parents and Grandparents. So stick that up ya jumper... :lol:

My eyesight is not that good these days but you didnt need to make the type that big for me :wink: He might have British parents and grandparents but he was born in Canberra so he is Australian. The BSPA dont think he is British......he is still coming in on a 6. I hope the lad does well and time will tell if he is good enough as to where his loyalty lies.

My eyesight is not that good these days but you didnt need to make the type that big for me :wink: He might have British parents and grandparents but he was born in Canberra so he is Australian. The BSPA dont think he is British......he is still coming in on a 6. I hope the lad does well and time will tell if he is good enough as to where his loyalty lies.

The BSPA website is incorrect, he will be on a 3 point average.

Being born in a place doesn't automatically give someone patriality either, which I find suprising. Kings Lynn bound Alex Davies just found that out.

Lucas. Maybe if Britain had 50cc, 80cc and 125cc leagues as in Scandinavia and Australia our kids would have a better chance in this sport.

We met Nick on his first trip to ride in England last year. He is a great kid with a huge talent. His father, Lee, is from the Midlands and Nick has a British history same as Tai Woffinden and Jason Crump. I personally feel proud that a 15 year old would choose to return to his ancestrial homeland - ON HIS OWN - to ride here. This is a massive step for anyone let alone someone of his age. This kid will be one of the best and deserves our support and respect for making the choice to ride in Britain.

The only reason he is on a 6 point is as he is good enough to have riden in the aussie junior championships.

We are also helping young British riders by setting up our new team - The UK Vikings which has some great talent including Sam Woods, Josh Pickering and Lee Geary. This team follows the formation of Team Viking in Feb 2009 and has been specifically set up to give British Kids a chance. This follows coments from clubs that Brits could not be included in some meetings in the oringinal Team Viking line up.

The UK division of the Vikings will soon be competing in meetings and 2nd halves.

Edited by SarahLapworth

The only reason he is on a 6 point is as he is good enough to have riden in the aussie junior championships.

Nick will be a 3 point rider at least at the start of the season :lol: The BSPA site is incorrect.