British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lastword

Peterborough And The Hortons

Please could someone with the required knowledge give me a recent history of the Panthers and the Horton brothers?

When each was involved,their positions at the club, the resulting effects and any other associated information.

I am only interested in established facts, not necessarily (but I suppose inevitably some) opinions, and suggest a timeline format would be best.

Nothing sinister I assure you...........just a genuine speedway fan gathering info.

Please could someone with the required knowledge give me a recent history of the Panthers and the Horton brothers?

When each was involved,their positions at the club, the resulting effects and any other associated information.

I am only interested in established facts, not necessarily (but I suppose inevitably some) opinions, and suggest a timeline format would be best.

Nothing sinister I assure you...........just a genuine speedway fan gathering info.

Both Mick and Colin were owner/promoter of the Club (but not together), and I was co-promoter with each of them for part of their tenure.

Bit suss on this topic not many speedway fans are that interested on the ins and outs of old promoters etc. Think they would be more interested in the actual riders etc.

THink we get the message???? :rolleyes:

Sorry but I feel a bit suss on putting an answer to this question not many of us speedway fans are that interested on the ins and outs of old promoters etc. Other BSF readers be ware I dont think this post is what it is making out to be!!!! Good on you Neil for not giving too much away

Other BSF readers be ware I dont think this post is what it is making out to be!!!

Just think Stockport County :unsure:

Just think Stockport County :unsure:

first point that came into my head

As their sacked ex press officer would say.....

Yawn, Yawn,

ZZZZzzzzzzzz

Who rattled your cage :rolleyes:

OK, maybe I wasn't as transparent as I might have been in my original post.

I am (as some of the intelligentia on this site supposed) a Stockport County fan. In addition I am a Belle Vue Aces fan of 50 years plus.

So in fact I have a vague impression of what went on at The EOE showground during the Horton years.

But, because it did not impact on the Aces I hardly considered it a priority for my attention.

Now, with one of the brothers being part of a group attempting to buy the football club that I support, I have a legitimate interest.

You may (or may not) be aware that the so-called 'consortium' of Peterborough 'business men' in this group include Mick Horton..........and that after 10 months of trying they still have not convinced the Football League that they are suitable candidates to buy the club.

A League One football team may not be your concern, but it is certainly the concern of the supporters (and, before you dismiss them, there are more of them than currently attend the matches of either the Panthers or the Aces).

All I asked for was a timeline of the involvement of the Horton brothers in promoting speedway.............not exactly asking for their credit card numbers!

It's a matter of record after all.............I was just hoping that someone could help me avoid a long Google-ing task that would tell me the info anyway..................

So, come on, help a fellow speedway fan to get a handle on this.............surely the Horton's have nothing to hide??

As far as I am aware they have a hell of a lot to hide, think your best bet is to go ahead and google as I think if you leave it to fellow supporters you will get a lot of hearsay and speculation!!!! They werent liked that's the be all and end all in my book