British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Ekstraliga Round 2 Sunday 11th April

Two cracking matches in prospect-1st up at 3pm uk time is bydgoszcz v Tarnow. prediction 51-39

teams as per sportowefakty.pl

Bydgoszcz

A jonsson

R Kosciecha

A Lindback

D gizatullin

G Walasek

S Wozniak

E Saifutdinov

Tarnow

T Jedrzejak

P Hougaard

S Ulamek

J B Monberg

K kasprzak

S Kielbasa

M Vaculik

2nd up at 5pm uk time is Leszno v Torun. prediction 46-44

Leszno

J Hampel

T Batchelor

J Kolodziej

D Balinski

L Adams

S Musielak

J Pavlic

Torun

W Jagus

H Andersen

R Sullivan

A Miedzinski

C Holder

D Ward

K Pulczynski

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

and maybe http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&c...p;allowedDays=1

Edited by racers and royals

All sports and entertainment events have been cancelled in Poland because of today's national tragedy.

Switch on BBC News or CNN.

Edited by Mateusz

So sad to hear of the tragic news of the death of the Polish PM.

As I'm due to travel to Poznan next Friday for the meeting in Gorzow,could our Polish friends please keep us updated on any fixture changes for next weekend.

A one week long national mourning has been announced, starting today. I understand it ends next Saturday so there should be matches next Sunday. I'm not 100% sure about it yet tho'.

I was talking to my Polish contact this morning...and he along with many is totally devastated...my genuine and sincere thoughts are with all our Polish friends at this extremely sad time.

A one week long national mourning has been announced, starting today. I understand it ends next Saturday so there should be matches next Sunday. I'm not 100% sure about it yet tho'.

National mourning ends at Friday.

I've just heard from a very reliable Polish contact on here that this weekends fixtures may be cancelled too,as it will be the Polish Pms funeral.I was booked on a flight to Poznan for the Gorzow v Bydgoszcz this weekend myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

All football matches have been cancelled so I guess the decision re speedway is just a matter of minutes/hours. There's still a little hope but I don't think they will go that day.

If so, I'm really sorry for you bluejam. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be cancelling sport events that day. Watch the funeral on telly if u want to and then go to the stadium in the evening, maybe without singing and drinking that day as usual ... But that's just my opinion, I'm not the speedway governing body :P

//Update:

Division 1 & 2 matches have just been cancelled by the GKSZ (Polish speedway governing body). Speedway Ekstraliga is a different sports organisation, not under Polish Motorcycle Federation, so there must a separate decision as for the Ekstraliga matches. I will be surprised though, if this decision is different. Although I wish it was.

Edited by Mateusz

All football matches have been cancelled so I guess the decision re speedway is just a matter of minutes/hours. There's still a little hope but I don't think they will go that day.

If so, I'm really sorry for you bluejam. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be cancelling sport events that day. Watch the funeral on telly if u want to and then go to the stadium in the evening, maybe without singing and drinking that day as usual ... But that's just my opinion, I'm not the speedway governing body :P

If the same thing was to happen in the UK(god forbid),we would be the same here,Mateusz.We would be in grieving which would be understandable.I don't think it would be a good time to visit Poland with so many people feeling this sorrow.

If the same thing was to happen in the UK(god forbid),we would be the same here,Mateusz.We would be in grieving which would be understandable.I don't think it would be a good time to visit Poland with so many people feeling this sorrow.

Well, there would be just nothing at all going on here, you know.

On Saturday early afternoon there are official farewell ceremonies in remembrance of all victims taking place in the centre of Warsaw. And then on Sunday, at 2 pm, the funeral of the presidential couple will take place at the Wawel Castle in Krakow. In the meanwhile, all tv's will be showing the 'journey' of the coffins - taking off in Warsaw, then landing in Krakow and then the funeral procession on the streets of Krakow. So just everyone will be sitting home this weekend and watching tv.

Edited by Mateusz

I have just read that Liga 1 and 2 speedway meetings have been cancelled,but the decision for Extraliga meetings is pending.There may be hope,after all!

Would look at the earlier statement by Mateusz.Looks like no hope or bob hope sadly mate

Would look at the earlier statement by Mateusz.Looks like no hope or bob hope sadly mate

Clutching at straws here,Doug!! :( Apologies,I've only just seen Mateuszs' additional update!

Edited by bluejam