British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

What's Most Important....

I would assume that most clubs' fans want to see their team winning so 'utopia,' I would have thought, has got to be that happening after fifteen heats of cracking racing in a closely contested match.

HOWEVER I'm fast coming to the conclusion, reading a great many threads post-meetings that have taken place up and down the country since March 16th, that all that a great many posters (not all I would stress) on this and other forums want is for their team to win every single match and by the the biggest margin as possible!

And god help everyone from promoter through to team manager through to riders through to trackstaff if the unthinkable should happen and their team lose however good the opposition have performed and the racing said posters have just witnessed!

So I would be interested to hear YOUR views and you can only chose ONE of the following statements to reflect them:

a) All that I want to see is my team winning and nothing else really matters

b ) If my team loses whilst I'll be disappointed, if the racing I''ve seen is good, then so be it.

Do feel free to add any comments too.

Edited by Bryn

When I watch my team away from home, I don't care if the meeting is total pants as long as we win to be honest. For some reason it's just different, and getting a win away from home when you are in the minority just gives you that added buzz.

At home however, it's different again. I prefer to see great racing (which you usually get at Somerset) and a relatively narrow victory - Happiness is 49-41 these days.

Edit - So A/ for away meetings, but B/ for home meetings.

Edited by Najjer

I would assume that most clubs' fans want to see their team winning so 'utopia,' I would have thought, has got to be that happening after fifteen heats of cracking racing in a closely contested match.

HOWEVER I'm fast coming to the conclusion, reading a great many threads post-meetings that have taken place up and down the country since March 16th, that all that a great many posters (not all I would stress) on this and other forums want is for their team to win every single match and by the the biggest margin as possible!

And god help everyone from promoter through to team manager through to riders through to trackstaff if the unthinkable should happen and their team lose however good the opposition have performed and the racing said posters have just witnessed!

So I would be interested to hear YOUR views and you can only chose ONE of the following statements to reflect them:

b ) If my team loses whilst I'll be disappointed, if the racing I''ve seen is good, then so be it.

I am of the b ) variety!!!

I do want my team to win, of course, but primarily I want to be entertained. If my team give 100% and lose, then so be it, but when some riders appear to be 'not trying' then that 'gets my goat' as it were!

Having said that, I try to get to the facts as to why a rider is 'miles off the pace', before accusing them of 'not trying'.

it all depends if you have a team to follow. us neutrals just want a close match with good racing. :wink:

I too like to see my team win! (Panthers),but last night's meeting V Poole.Fantastic Racing.Not boring!Carn't wait to buy the dvd,to watch it again!Well done to both teams,for a great night!!!!!

It's b for me.

I know it will sound a cliche but if it's been a night of good racing then I am very happy. If we win then it's a bonus.

b for me.

Never used to miss a meeting at Lynn but havent been for a couple of seasons now because the last time I went I was bored!!

Not the Chapmans fault, they are doing a great job, but it just doesnt work for me.

Definately B

I hate seeing my team lose as much as anyone if not more so but i can accept it a whole lot better if there has been some good racing (passing by both teams)

But we live in a world which often demands instant gratification and everyone wants to be a part of the play offs.

Sure you already know what my reply will be Bryn :lol:

for the record it's B.

I couldn't have put it better than Matt Webb above, except it's nigh on 3 years since I've been voluntarily to Lynn.

Matt Webb beat me to it.

option b for me, used to go to Lynn but option b is not an option at Saddlebow so dont go anymore - a couple of good meetings a season was just not worth the money, whether that is or isnt the Chapmans fault is not the point of this thread so dont want to sidetrack the debate

Bryn, you say that there are lots of threads with a 'as long as my team wins' type attitude on the forum this season - is that because they are the only fans left going - the real die hards who will support 'their team' no matter what, whereas the 'speedway fans' who perhaps travelled further or who went for the entertainment have drifted away?

I'd go for B. I love to see my team Poole win as much as other Pirates fan do, but a good example of being 'bored' at a home win was when we won the 2008 Play Off Final at WR, the victory that day felt a bit 'flat' due to the racing being poor as only 1 side turned up, ours. Then again last season at Lakeside, when we had a 'poorer' side, where we only lost by a point, I enjoyed that meeting ammencely, because it was exciting to watch. A big home win doesnt make for a good meeting, only a good score for your side.

B for me too, but right now i'll take anything. Please

At home: I want racing.

Away: I just want to see white and yellow fly out the gate and win.