British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
msc1874

Track Records At Every Uk Track

I was looking for the track records for every British track. Which is the longest standing?

Workington (Derwent Park) 22.08.09 Kevin Doolan - 62.8

Since post #2 was posted...this thread ended :wink:

Since post #2 was posted...this thread ended :wink:

Taken from the link in post 2 = Workington Kevin Doolan April 13th, 2009 63.00

Different to mine :wink:

Only trying to make a correction!

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Taken from the link in post 2 = Workington Kevin Doolan April 13th, 2009 63.00

Different to mine :wink:

Only trying to make a correction!

My apologies :oops:

Although last season he was virtually unbeatable around Monmore Green, Fredrik Lindgren has never really got close to the track record. However two weeks ago he was 0.24 outside it at 54.35 and last week did 54.20 ...... so PK's record of 54.11 could be going very soon ...... maybe in the next 440 minutes ?

As for the oldest, it has to be Hans Nielsen's 1985 record at Sandy Lane which wasn't beaten when they closed. Weird how Reading are still listed though and tracks have 2 records according to which division ?

TRACK RECORDS

Edited by T.N.T.

An idle thought: if Hyde Road, Manchester, was still home to speedway (I still dream of it to this day!) what might the track record now be, given that machinery is considerably faster? As I recall the final record was 66.4, shared by Chris Morton and Erik Gundersen, though when I started going it was still held by Ivan Mauger at 69.6. Still remember fondly the great day in July, 1976 when PC knocked 2.4 seonds off the record in one go - I was trembling for the whole evening after that!! :D

As for the oldest, it has to be Hans Nielsen's 1985 record at Sandy Lane which wasn't beaten when they closed.

Nielsen's record was, I believe, set in 1988, which would make Per Jonsson's record at Reading slightly longer standing.