British Speedway Forum

Once a knob, always a knob.

Another nail in speedway's coffin - thanks Dave.

And I'm a Coventry fan!

To be fair he was applying the rules last night, just not applying any common sense.

• Like 2

To be fair he was applying the rules last night, just not applying any common sense.

as i said in another thread as a football referee i would explain to the 2 teams what my style of reffing is - what i'll put up with and what i wont

do speedway refs do this? EG you must obey starting marshall first time and the 2 min warning will be strictly adhered to

both of those things would help a meeting flow better - one of the things which is constantly mentioned on here. Hans Andersen felt it necessary to go back to the pits after a false start and got caught out. There are those who would say "good"

Is there anywhere where we can get infomation on speedway refs,their background in the sport,for example doing another job in speedway before they became a ref?.Their achievements in the sport of what top matches they have refed etc?

as i said in another thread as a football referee i would explain to the 2 teams what my style of reffing is - what i'll put up with and what i wont

do speedway refs do this? EG you must obey starting marshall first time and the 2 min warning will be strictly adhered to

both of those things would help a meeting flow better - one of the things which is constantly mentioned on here. Hans Andersen felt it necessary to go back to the pits after a false start and got caught out. There are those who would say "good"

Not me.

How much time did the Referee actually cost us last night?

He was excluding Riders who were at the Tapes for heavens sake. Fine the Rider by all means but don't exclude him - it takes a while to get another Rider ready as we saw last night. Then what did he do? He excluded him as well.

Whatever happened to common sense?

RIDICULOUS!!!

• Like 1

If we 'continue to struggle' away to the tune of 4th best away record then we should be ok, it's the points dropped at home that have cost us so far.

There have been complaints, justified, about the Swindon track earlier in the season, but I've not see it in anywhere near as bad a state as the Coventry track last night for the first 10 or so heats.

The Swindon boys have shown they need no teaching in how to race when they have confidence that the surface their racing on isn't going to throw them off. Plenty of top notch racing at the Abbey last Thursday on a smooth consistent surface.

Were you not at the Swindon home meeting where Adam Roynon broke his back and was crash after crash? Track was shocking yet Swindon riders didn't mind then as winning.

Swindon riders need bit more grit & team spirit. Bees had a fast track rider who was in agony who still came out and raced well, fighting for every point and making Swindon look average.

Bees were full of confidence after getting a point with depleted team at Eastbourne & carried on where they left off.

I was totally embarrassed for Nige and Kelv watching that meeting lastnight, for once they were rendered speechless!! What a shambles. It sure tests a speedway fans patience when nights like that happen.

I feel all minor indescretions ( delaying start, touching tapes and the likes) should be dealt with by putting them off 15m, that way the meeting isnt unnecessarily delayed and also the fans (yes, remember us?, we're paying the money to get into to watch racing and presumably pay riders wages!!) get to see 4 riders fighting for places.......assuming its a RACE track!

Bomber was the only one worth the entry fee lastnight for his round the boards pass...just shows what a bit of dirt on a track can do.

I fear for this sport I have followed for over 40yrs...but maybe I will, as always give it another chance :)

Were you not at the Swindon home meeting where Adam Roynon broke his back and was crash after crash? Track was shocking yet Swindon riders didn't mind then as winning.

Swindon riders need bit more grit & team spirit. Bees had a fast track rider who was in agony who still came out and raced well, fighting for every point and making Swindon look average.

Bees were full of confidence after getting a point with depleted team at Eastbourne & carried on where they left off.

Well im pretty sure all of the Swindon side will look at your post and take note of what you are saying....my god i always felt you offer little to a debate but you have just gone ahead and totally confirmed that!

Yeah its obvious!!! I just cant take sports fans seriously who only see things in their own teams bubble. If something or someone is sh*t at Swindon I would be the first to say.

Speedway groupie springs to mind..... :party:

• Like 1

Poole have "Blue tinted glasses" and yours is "Yellow". Think you know it all as far as Swindon is concerned, you don't. Rosco is our Manager not you !!! Stop telling the Robins what they should do, I find your comments offensive !!!!!

• Like 1

Is there anywhere where we can get infomation on speedway refs,their background in the sport,for example doing another job in speedway before they became a ref?.Their achievements in the sport of what top matches they have refed etc?

Last nights TV ref , dressed as a bulldog as mascot of Reading and bit part mechanic there too.

• Like 1

Poole have "Blue tinted glasses" and yours is "Yellow". Think you know it all as far as Swindon is concerned, you don't. Rosco is our Manager not you !!! Stop telling the Robins what they should do, I find your comments offensive !!!!!

And I'm sure alot of Coventry fans find yours offensive.

Unfortunately with bad weather & stadiums not owned by promoters, tracks won't always be perfect. Doesn't make them unracable.

If you were happy with how your riders have been racing over last couple of weeks then that's what matters as you watch them. Same with bees fans and the bees.

It was Nigel & Louis who commented on Swindon needing to race and overcome their negativity.

Look at Belle Vue v Poole last year.

Edited by mdmc82

TBF, I rarely agree with mdmc82 but shes right on this one.

I think the start marshall wasn't at his best either. Nige and Kev missed the reason why Steve tried to go to gate 3. The start marshall lifted three fingers up to denote 'only three riders', and Steve thought he meant 'go to gate 3'. When he tried to, Garrity thought he would block him by trying to also take gate 3. After that it was a farce with communication, despite the walkie talkie, being very poor between the Start marshall and Robinson. Steve chucked out, Oh Dear.

A shambles by the officials, who obviously had not talked to the riders and TM's beforehand on procedure, and also the existence of a clock to be used for the 2 minute count.

• Like 2

And I'm sure alot of Coventry fans find yours offensive.

Unfortunately with bad weather & stadiums not owned by promoters, tracks won't always be perfect. Doesn't make them unracable.

If you were happy with how your riders have been racing over last couple of weeks then that's what matters as you watch them. Same with bees fans and the bees.

It was Nigel & Louis who commented on Swindon needing to race and overcome their negativity.

Look at Belle Vue v Poole last year.

I was addressing my comments to you alone, always on here interfering with your negative comments about our riders and telling our management how they should run the team etc. Sure Rosco doesn't need advice from you.

Yes mdmc82 is a bees fan and backing them but you Swindon fans are doing exactly the same! I do find it strange that more is not being said of Swindon attitude last night, how many times did riders just give up? That stemmed from Rosco and batchelors interviews, they were never going to do anything with that attitude.

Yes mdmc82 is a bees fan and backing them but you Swindon fans are doing exactly the same! I do find it strange that more is not being said of Swindon attitude last night, how many times did riders just give up? That stemmed from Rosco and batchelors interviews, they were never going to do anything with that attitude.

Batchelor has always behaved in a childish and impetulant manner - seems to be a common trait amongst young Aussie riders

• Like 1