British Speedway Forum

It is time Robinson was sacked! His performance last night on live TV was a disgrace and a total embarressnent for the sport of speedway. As a neutral observer it seemed as if there was an undercurrent of inflexibility towards one side in particular. Even seasoned and very experienced commentators were shocked by some of the decisions. For once it was not the track that ruined the meeting - it was referee Dave Robinson.

• Like 4

This performance ranks up there with the Ebdon fiasco in the 1984 test match at Ipswich.He should be ashamed of himself,total incompetent refereeing he should be banned for life.The worst thing about it was being live on TV speedway, newcomers maybe watching what would they have thought? a grave day for the sport.

This performance ranks up there with the Ebdon fiasco in the 1984 test match at Ipswich.He should be ashamed of himself,total incompetent refereeing he should be banned for life.The worst thing about it was being live on TV speedway, newcomers maybe watching what would they have thought? a grave day for the sport.

It was worse than Ebdon. At least Ebdon came on tv and explained himself and how what he was doing applied to the rules. He also had made it clear to both teams before hand how he was going to handle tape-touching.

Nobody had a clue what was going on in the early heats yesterday.

But, yeah, it reminded me of that meeting too, Sidney.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

There is also a thread with the same title on the Elite League section

I can tell you what newcomers thought. I had a couple of friends around who hadn't been to speedway. I was working on getting them along to Lakeside with me. After an hour of the Bees V Robins fiasco they got up and went down the pub to watch the end of the football. I cannot see them wanting to join me at Arena any time soon.

• Like 2

Another nail in speedway's coffin...

Nail and coffin lid makers haven't been affected by the global recession, the government announced today.

There is also a thread with the same title on the Elite League section

That one's been excluded under the two minute time allowance.

• Like 7

It is time Robinson was sacked! His performance last night on live TV was a disgrace and a total embarressnent for the sport of speedway. As a neutral observer it seemed as if there was an undercurrent of inflexibility towards one side in particular. Even seasoned and very experienced commentators were shocked by some of the decisions. For once it was not the track that ruined the meeting - it was referee Dave Robinson.

The track helped - at least for the first 10 heats!!!

• Like 1

The track helped - at least for the first 10 heats!!!

Bees were up for it. Instead of just gating, Swindon need to learn to race or will continue to struggle away & maybe drop points at home

read the comments dave robinsons previous work !!!! , newman was put out for moving without warning , when his dad spoke to the ref , the ref says a replacement rider assumes the warning from the rider he replaced ,http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13384/rye-house-plymouth-2014-2pm

Edited by speedibee

My team won when we visited Swindon earlier this year and the track was shocking.

Chris Louis didn't seem to think it was that bad and Sarj rode one of the best he has.

The track has been much better this year but after the rain we have had we were lucky to have a meeting on. The ref didn't give Pratt much time to do track work

The ref would have little say in that, I believe, as Sky run the show.

Bees were up for it. Instead of just gating, Swindon need to learn to race or will continue to struggle away & maybe drop points at home

If we 'continue to struggle' away to the tune of 4th best away record then we should be ok, it's the points dropped at home that have cost us so far.

There have been complaints, justified, about the Swindon track earlier in the season, but I've not see it in anywhere near as bad a state as the Coventry track last night for the first 10 or so heats.

The Swindon boys have shown they need no teaching in how to race when they have confidence that the surface their racing on isn't going to throw them off. Plenty of top notch racing at the Abbey last Thursday on a smooth consistent surface.

• Like 2

Made for shocking Television last night.

Even Nigel and Kelvin were embarrassed. Very sad Night for Speedway. I sincerely hope Roscoe doesn't get in to trouble for his comments. Had I been Swindon Team Manager I would have been tearing my hair out. The Referee's actions totally dominated a Meeting which should have been all about Speedway.

We will never know how many people were turned off Speedway last night - if it was ONE - it was too many.

All in all - one to forget. :sad: :sad:

• Like 1