British Speedway Forum

Interesting reading the account in the SS today. It's so obvious Robinson has a problem with Swindon , more to the point Rosco.

When a referee allows personal feelings to dictate decisions, his ability to be professional has been destroyed. He has no place left in the sport.

This pathetic man, destroyed the meeting at Coventry, he obviously turned fans away from the sport, and SKY must question their presence at future meetings where he is officiating. .

Haven't got my copy yet but it will be interesting to see in light of that whether Robinson will get anymore Sky matches.

I went to Swindon several times a few years ago and saw Robinson several times amongst the crowd which seems strange if he dislikes Swindon so much.

I went to Swindon several times a few years ago and saw Robinson several times amongst the crowd which seems strange if he dislikes Swindon so much.

I am also a Reading Racer, born and bred, and it doesn't stop me going to Swindon. Even though I have to pay, unlike Dave.

But who do you think I'll be cheering on tonight?

(Let me give you a clue: Robins v Wolves was easily the meeting I have enjoyed most at Blunsdon this year;guess why...)

• Like 1

What exactly did this referee do to cause ll this furore? I wasn't at the meeting and have only read this forum and the account in this week's Speedway Star but the impression I have is that Mr Robinson applied the rules rigidly which I don't think is a crime and reading what Alun Rossiter has to say suggests that he is griping because the referee didn't tell everyone before the start that he would be doing this, so I would ask why it should be necessary for him to say that he intended to enforce rules which everyone should be aware of?

What exactly did this referee do to cause ll this furore? I wasn't at the meeting and have only read this forum and the account in this week's Speedway Star but the impression I have is that Mr Robinson applied the rules rigidly which I don't think is a crime and reading what Alun Rossiter has to say suggests that he is griping because the referee didn't tell everyone before the start that he would be doing this, so I would ask why it should be necessary for him to say that he intended to enforce rules which everyone should be aware of?

Are you serious? forget the result it didnt't matter to me, that guy Robinson had a responsibility for speedway on sky live he made a mug of himself.But the worst thing is maybe he put our British speedway scene five years behind again, if Robinson reads this forum give us a response his reasons would be great. If i had my way he would be struck off for life from tomorrow, it won't happen though that night at Coventry was a disgrace. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

I read your comment but this still doesn't answer my question. What exactly did Mr Robinson do to cause all this upset? I didn't see the match in question and all I can glean from the Speedway Star piece is that he and Alun Rossiter don't particularly like each other and that Rosco doesn't want him to referee any more Swindon matches. If that's the case, he (Rosco) can't seriously expect to be able to choose or refuse a referee for his club's matches.

If Mr Robinson did exclude riders for dragging out the two minute rules and for delaying the starts, then I'd say more power to his elbow. If more referees did this, then the riders would soon latch on and meetings would be speeded up accordingly - which is what all of us want.

Why also, should Rosco expect a referee to have to say beforehand that he intends to apply the rules as per the rulebook? Surely this should be the team manager's job?

Any referee, regardless of what sport he is in, is supposed to be impartial and uphold the rules of that sport consistently and fairly.

If Robinson had applied the rules regarding 2 minutes correctly in every meeting he has officiated in then there would be no issue.

The fact is, he has issues with Rosco, which are well documented and therefore, given the fact that it is highly unlikely that he has applied the same rules rigidly in other meetings he has officiated at, one can only conclude that there is bias.

• Like 1

I read your comment but this still doesn't answer my question. What exactly did Mr Robinson do to cause all this upset? I didn't see the match in question and all I can glean from the Speedway Star piece is that he and Alun Rossiter don't particularly like each other and that Rosco doesn't want him to referee any more Swindon matches. If that's the case, he (Rosco) can't seriously expect to be able to choose or refuse a referee for his club's matches.

If Mr Robinson did exclude riders for dragging out the two minute rules and for delaying the starts, then I'd say more power to his elbow. If more referees did this, then the riders would soon latch on and meetings would be speeded up accordingly - which is what all of us want.

Why also, should Rosco expect a referee to have to say beforehand that he intends to apply the rules as per the rulebook? Surely this should be the team manager's job?

Basically, Robinson excluded 2 Swindon riders under the 2 minutes even though they were at the tapes. He took it upon himself to use the GP regulations even though these rules do not exist in British Speedway.were the clock goes down to 0 and they wasn't ready to race.

Dave Robinson was not against Swindon or Roscoe at Birmingham when he excluded Ben Barker when Nick Morris left hm no room and he fell as a result.I think its just Roscoes way if he is loosing he pulls out all the excuses he can,rain offs being his fortie.

• Like 1

Dave Robinson was not against Swindon or Roscoe at Birmingham when he excluded Ben Barker when Nick Morris left hm no room and he fell as a result.I think its just Roscoes way if he is loosing he pulls out all the excuses he can,rain offs being his fortie.

Robinson was a bit over-zealous in his application of the rules but I agree with what you say about Roscoe. For those who haven't read SS Roscoe was saying he doesn't want Robinson to referee any more Swindon matches, which is a daft stance to take. Either a referee is competent to officiate at all matches including Swindon or he is not competent in which case he shouldn't be in charge of any of them.

Roscoe is quoted in SS as saying "All I am saying is he shouldn't officiate a Swindon meeting again ". He also claims Robinson has a personal grudge against him.

Robinson is an ass who wanted to be centre of attention, with 10 seconds grace he wouldn't have got a mention since the other exclusions were correct.

• Like 1

Hear, Hear!!

Basically, Robinson excluded 2 Swindon riders under the 2 minutes even though they were at the tapes. He took it upon himself to use the GP regulations even though these rules do not exist in British Speedway.were the clock goes down to 0 and they wasn't ready to race.

Rosco said they were metres from the tapes

Robinson was a bit over-zealous in his application of the rules but I agree with what you say about Roscoe. For those who haven't read SS Roscoe was saying he doesn't want Robinson to referee any more Swindon matches, which is a daft stance to take. Either a referee is competent to officiate at all matches including Swindon or he is not competent in which case he shouldn't be in charge of any of them.

Roscoe is quoted in SS as saying "All I am saying is he shouldn't officiate a Swindon meeting again ". He also claims Robinson has a personal grudge against him.

Watching this meeting there are no excuses this bloke should not be in charge of a meeting again.He was pathetic and in front of Sky, no common sense be nice if the bloke spoke out and told us all about why he made his bizarre decisions. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Watching this meeting there are no excuses this bloke should not be in charge of a meeting again.He was pathetic and in front of Sky, no common sense be nice if the bloke spoke out and told us all about why he made his bizarre decisions.

With regards to the 2 minute exclusions, I refer you to regulation SCB 15.3.4. In this case Dave Robinson was not at fault, it is the other referees who do not strictlt adhere to the rule.

Last Saturday, Max Clegg and Josh Bates both came out while on 2 minutes wearing the wrong helmet covers; Both should have been excluded under the two minute rule but the referee. stopped the clock - too lenient.