Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

<!--quoteo(post=1723805:date=May 8 2010, 11:45 AM:name=Ron Butler)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ron Butler @ May 8 2010, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1723805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto-->Clarify!<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just pointing something out to the ones that spelt it blatent!"

Thanks for that, Pete. All is now clear.

Thanks for that, Pete. All is now clear.

<!--quoteo(post=1723805:date=May 8 2010, 11:45 AM:name=Ron Butler)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ron Butler @ May 8 2010, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1723805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto-->Clarify!<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You understand that? All looks Double Dutch to me. :blink::D

Edited by Gemini

You understand that? All looks Double Dutch to me. :blink::D bryns style of writing . by the look of it, ok bryn only joking, :rolleyes::approve:

<!--quoteo(post=1723169:date=May 7 2010, 08:41 AM:name=foreverblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foreverblue @ May 7 2010, 08:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1723169"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This discussion was not started by me but by several posters who don't all live in the Poole area and all agreed about some very dubious decisions.

If there is doubt and the referee has the benefit of looking at replays, why didnt he.Surely it is unprofessional if the technology is there not to use it.If after looking at replays he still comes to the same decision then fair enough but not to at least look at one replay isnt being fair to either team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And exactly what would looking at the replays have achieved?

We have all looked at the replays and there are many different opinions for every one of the incidents. Your argument only holds credence when there is a unanimous opinion that the referee got it wrong. Several posters may have agreed about some dubious decisions... several others agreed the decisions were correct. There were no 'glaring' mistakes made in this meeting or there would be a nigh on unanimous castigation of them.

Maybe looking at the replays wouldn't have achieved anything but i believe even the so called experts on the tv said that errors had been made.I'm not advocating cameras at every meeting but when you have the benefit of being able to use them,why wouldn't you.

If the play off final referee hadn't used the replays perhaps Lindgren may have been excluded.

Four years later and now he is making tonights meeting a complete farce

Good memory :D

With more than a little help from dozy team managers/riders.

Good memory :D

With more than a little help from dozy team managers/riders.

.....and whoever is now responsible for track prep!!!!!?

.....and whoever is now responsible for track prep!!!!!?

Colin Pratt goes track. It wasn't good as usual but had lots of rain last couple of days and also stock cars. Track was same for both teams yet bees rode it well.

Colin Pratt goes track. It wasn't good as usual but had lots of rain last couple of days and also stock cars. Track was same for both teams yet bees rode it well.

It does make me laugh when people think a blantantly awful track is good because their team won. Ive seen Swindon win at home this year but the track has been shocking and ive come away thinking how boring the meeting was. Might be ok for the 500 diehards at the meeting but how many casual/new followers are going to be tempted to watch another speedway meeting live or on the box after that shower of poo.

• Like 2

Bees were helped by the Ref! Not saying that Bees wouldn't have won but the Ref's decisions certainly didn't help and made the meeting a farce!

• Like 1

It does make me laugh when people think a blantantly awful track is good because their team won. Ive seen Swindon win at home this year but the track has been shocking and ive come away thinking how boring the meeting was. Might be ok for the 500 diehards at the meeting but how many casual/new followers are going to be tempted to watch another speedway meeting live or on the box after that shower of poo.

got to remember, this poster loves everything Coventry
  • Like 1

got to remember, this poster loves everything Coventry

Yeah its obvious!!! I just cant take sports fans seriously who only see things in their own teams bubble. If something or someone is sh*t at Swindon I would be the first to say.

• Like 3

My team won when we visited Swindon earlier this year and the track was shocking.

Chris Louis didn't seem to think it was that bad and Sarj rode one of the best he has.

The track has been much better this year but after the rain we have had we were lucky to have a meeting on. The ref didn't give Pratt much time to do track work

I really wasn't worried which team won but due to a lack of discretion I have come to the conslusion that Speedway LOST in fact for a professional sport presented on TV it was something of a FARCE. .

• Like 2