British Speedway Forum

Anyone know the cut off date for the ten sides to contest this years event?

Who will lose out this time?

Stoke...

Really looking forward to this meeting, it has always produced excellent racing, definately better that the GP the next day in my opinion anyway!

Edited by SimonB

I`m going on the 9th July

That'd be the best day to go this year

How do they work out whos in it anyway?

How do they work out whos in it anyway?

Normally the highest combination average from each team's top two riders from a certain - when that point is, is anyone's guess really.

From memory though, teams can usually nominate any 2 of their 3 averaged riders to compete in the event. As it stands, I fully expect Somerset to go into the event with Shane Parker and Cory Gathercole who are in sensational form around the Oak Tree at present.

Normally the highest combination average from each team's top two riders from a certain - when that point is, is anyone's guess really.

From memory though, teams can usually nominate any 2 of their 3 averaged riders to compete in the event. As it stands, I fully expect Somerset to go into the event with Shane Parker and Cory Gathercole who are in sensational form around the Oak Tree at present.

Didnt it go on heat 15 in the trophy one season ?

thats if they have done enough to get into the meeting!!!

thats if they have done enough to get into the meeting!!!

Well they are the hosts after all , so one would expect them to be there .

Haven't heard how they are picking the sides this year , one year they picked the sides by who done best in heat 15's in the PT :D Was that not the year KL missed out ? :shock:

So i haven't heard what wonderful way they are deciding things this year . Maybe who has had the least number of riders missing a meeting due to overseas commitments would be a good idea .

Didnt it go on heat 15 in the trophy one season ?

2008 - and what a disaster of an idea that was!

The competition Shadders. The leagues top rider probably won't be at the Arena. World under 21 team cup on the 10th in Germany between Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Slovenia, so likely to be no Sundstrom, Wolbert, Bach and Kildemand.

The competition Shadders. The leagues top rider probably won't be at the Arena. World under 21 team cup on the 10th in Germany between Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Slovenia, so likely to be no Sundstrom, Wolbert, Bach and Kildemand.

:D:D You couldn't make it up :D

So who gets the blame for this cock up?

Is it the FIM for putting on two different FIM events on the same day or for moving Cardiff from it's usual June slot? Or the BSPA for keeping the Pairs the night before Cardiff despite the clashes with other events? Take your pick.