British Speedway Forum

Newport fans already resigned to the fact they aren't going to qualify then it seems.. :P

I'd be watching the Hornets regardless.

Looks unlikely we'll be going now... I read that Linus Sundstrom won't be appearing with Jordan Frampton as he is riding for Sweden U21 somewhere else in Europe... That means either Chris Neath or Stefan Ekberg... no thanks

We'll be spending the evening in Cardiff instead beer.gif

Looks unlikely we'll be going now... I read that Linus Sundstrom won't be appearing with Jordan Frampton as he is riding for Sweden U21 somewhere else in Europe... That means either Chris Neath or Stefan Ekberg... no thanks

We'll be spending the evening in Cardiff instead beer.gif

You obviously don't expect Berwick to qualify for the event then.

Typical running of speedway events by the BSPA.

Thankfully im not going to this or Cardiff.

Typical running of speedway events by the BSPA.

Thankfully im not going to this or Cardiff.

Thought you had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Thought you had disappeared off the face of the earth.

I had, i crawled from my coffin for a listen to the vuvuzelas ;)

On pure guess work I think that the teams that have qualified is;

Glasgow

Stoke

Kings Lynn

Scunthorpe

Birmingham

Edinburgh

Newcastle

Redcar

Sheffield

Somerset

:D :D

Can`t believe it,a vampire out in broad daylight :rolleyes:

You obviously don't expect Berwick to qualify for the event then.

I hope we don't. Will make the night more enjoyable rather than us being a laughing stock once again :P

17 days to one of the Flagship Premier league events and riders nor fans no who`s in it, Wake up BSPA

Couldn't agree more the BSPA are a joke.I was speaking to someone this evening who might be involved in the meeting or may not be involved depending on how the BSPA are going to select the teams.I don't think the BSPA even had any criteria for teams to qualify laid down at the start of the season.

Maybe some members are working hard on trying to make sure their teams qualify :o.

My family and friends have booked to stay about 6 miles from the track in hope that Kings Lynn will be there,maybe we will find out when we have to pay to get in.

17 days to one of the Flagship Premier league events and riders nor fans no who`s in it, Wake up BSPA

Hmm, don't wish to be picky but the sub-heading of this thread says the meeting is on 9 June - as opposed to 9 July!! :oops:

PREMIER LEAGUE PAIRS TEAMS CONFIRMED

Tuesday June 22, 2010

HOSTS Somerset will face holders Birmingham in their group of the Premier League Pairs on Friday, July 9 (7.30).

And although the riders taking part have yet to be confirmed by the clubs there is every chance the Rebels will pin their hopes in Cory Gathercole and the vastly experienced Shane Parker at the showpiece event.

Somerset and Birmingham are joined by Newcastle, King's Lynn and Redcar in Group 1 with Rye House, Edinburgh, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Glasgow in Group 2.

British Speedway chairman Alex Harkess said: "When you look down the field this is a very attractive meeting and I'm certain the fans will be served with a treat.

"Birmingham are the holders and they have lots of experience in Jason Lyons and when the final selections are made it will be interesting to see if you can pick a winner with any confidence.

"Looking down the riders who are in contention people will no doubt feel Newcastle and King's Lynn look strong - but all the potential pairings are powerful.

"And we're delighted to have this meeting at Somerset which has a well deserved reputation as one of the most exciting tracks in the country. Hopefully there will be a big crowd with nice warm weather and it will be a perfect way for fans to start the Grand Prix weekend."

Clubs can pick two from their top three riders and the final field is expected to be revealed a week before the event.

GROUP 1:

NEWCASTLE: Kenni Larsen, Rene Bach, Mark Lemon. KING'S LYNN: Kevin Doolan, Tomas Topinka, Kozza Smith. BIRMINGHAM: Jason Lyons, Richard Sweetman, Steve Johnston. SOMERSET: Cory Gathercole, Shane Parker, Sam Masters. REDCAR: Gary Havelock, Ben Wilson, Emiliano Sanchez.

GROUP 2:

RYE HOUSE: Linus Sundstrom, Jordan Frampton, Stefan Ekberg. EDINBURGH: Ryan Fisher, Kevin Wolbert, Andrew Tully. SCUNTHORPE: Magnus Karlsson, David Howe, Carl Wilkinson. SHEFFIELD: Ricky Ashworth, Josh Auty, Richard Hall. GLASGOW: Travis McGowan, Josh Grajczonek, Lee Dicken.

So no Joe Screen for Glasgow. Must be the averages which appied before the new ones which kick in on I July and before Screen was in the redeclared Glasgow team.

Or maybe the BSPA feel that Glasgow should not be allowed to use him for some reason or other! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No Joe Screen for Glasgow then :shock:

With Sheffield "qualifying" I'll have to be extra nice to the other half to nip down on route to Cardiff :)

Anyone have any tips on how to get your own way with a stubborn woman? :blink: