British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

The better half and I were discussing Event Two the other day and disagreeing on the team make ups :D Just wondered who people think will be selected for each country?

Will let someone with more knowledge of Finnish speedway than I suggest their line up but if I was team manager of GB, Australia and Sweden :P I'd pick the following;

GB

Harris

Nicholls

Richardson

Woffinden

Stead

AUS

Crump

Watt

Holder

Ward

Batchelor

(no Adams as he has already said that he is likely to sit the first one out)

SWE

Jonsson

Lindgren F

Davidsson J

Lindback

Nermark

Let the discussion and sarcastic Rob Lyon remarks commence :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss

Jyri Palomäki plans to track the same team as in Lonigo: Hautamäki, Kylmäkorpi, Nieminen, Timo Lahti and Katajisto. Riding numbers will be picked later on.

I hope Sweden do go with that team, Jonsson, Nermark and Lindback will be great to watch.

I hope Sweden do go with that team, Jonsson, Nermark and Lindback will be great to watch.

Surely they would pick current World no.9 Zetterström???

Would have to think the Magnus would figure in front of Nermark.

That said, i'd be very suprised if the Aussies don't win the World Cup this year!!

Edited by Starman2006

I personally believe that Nermark would be a better pick through his two years riding at Lynn, although Zorro has usually ridden it pretty well too.

As far as I know Lindback hasn't ridden the NA before, so maybe Zorro and Nermark could get in ahead of him? And there's always PK.........

That's what I said!!!!!

I'd be very shocked not see a Swedish team of

Lindgren

Jonsson

Lindback

J Davidsson

Zetterstrom.

I personally believe that Nermark would be a better pick through his two years riding at Lynn, although Zorro has usually ridden it pretty well too.

As far as I know Lindback hasn't ridden the NA before, so maybe Zorro and Nermark could get in ahead of him? And there's always PK.........

WHAT, NO ANTON, come on now your being silly!! :blink:

Not being silly, just stating an opinion.

The Swedes could choose any five from seven. The Aussies could probably choose any five from a dozen!

at the moment i would think that these 5 riders that Jenn has writen are the ones that will make the team and they are also those that i would pick at the moment.

However lets not forget someone like THJ who havent had the chance to prove himself that much yet in the leagues due to his 1 month ban.

PK have said a few years ago that it is time for the younger ones to ride in SWC and that he have done his part.

It should be interesting to see just how many riders will decide not to ride in the SWC this year if the New Silencers are used, will there be a mass boycott or is it all talk. :rolleyes:

I personally believe that Nermark would be a better pick through his two years riding at Lynn.

I personally believe that too! :P:approve:

Edited by shooting star

GB

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Stead

Kennett

Aus

Crump

Holder

Watt