British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

The better half and I were discussing Event Two the other day and disagreeing on the team make ups :D Just wondered who people think will be selected for each country?

Will let someone with more knowledge of Finnish speedway than I suggest their line up but if I was team manager of GB, Australia and Sweden :P I'd pick the following;

GB

Harris

Nicholls

Richardson

Woffinden

Stead

AUS

Crump

Watt

Holder

Ward

Batchelor

(no Adams as he has already said that he is likely to sit the first one out)

Let the discussion commence :wink:

For GB I'd go Danny King over Simon Stead, and for Oz I'd pick Rooboy over Darcy. Apart from that I've got no idea about the Swedes and the Finns; the only Finns I like are

The better half and I were discussing Event Two the other day and disagreeing on the team make ups :D Just wondered who people think will be selected for each country?

GB

Harris

Nicholls

Richardson

Woffinden

Stead

AUS

Crump

Watt

Holder

Ward

Batchelor

(no Adams as he has already said that he is likely to sit the first one out)

SWE

Jonsson

Lindgren F

Davidsson J

Lindback

Nermark

Let the discussion and sarcastic Rob Lyon remarks commence :wink:

Kennett impressed me greatly in the GB semi. I'd be somewhat surprised if he wasn't picked. Ben Barker is another one who could easily feature. I'm sure the Peterborough fans would love that! If they're going to attempt to appease the local (P'boro)fans, then Lewis Bridger just has to ride too!

Australia is a difficult one. The amount of options they have is unreal! I hope Darcy Ward does ride simply because there is not a more exciting rider to watch 'round King's Lynn. He doesn't seem to have kicked on that much this year, so may be a year too early for him. Schlein or Shields are the first possibilities that spring to mind, Kevin Doolan possibly aswell?

In comparison to the Australian and British sides, the Swedish side has very little experience at King's Lynn. Jonsson has brilliant there in the past, but hasn't ridden there in what 8 years?

They could do with someone with a bit of King's Lynn experience...someone like Daniel Nermark...

(F) Lindgren & Jonsson are certainities I would've thought. Lindbäck is far too good to be left out. I'd personally pick Nermark ahead of Jonas Davidsson and give Zetterström the other spot, which would please Trees I'm sure! ;)

Agree that Kennett impressed in the British semi MrMungo but I guess you have to take into consideration the field he was riding against.

For me Kennett and Bridger have had poor seasons so far and unless they do something amazing over the next two or three weeks I wouldn't consider them. Stead had the fifth spot when I started this thread but I think Barker and King have given Rob a selection conundrum since and it will be interesting to see who he goes for.

Harris, Nicholls, Woffinden and Richardson shoe ins IMO.

i'd go for King as 5th rider. he did well last year at Peterborough.

Stead doesn't score well enough, locks up too much

Andreas Jonsson, Fredrik Lindgren and Rune Holta have decided not to rider in the SWC if the new silencers will remain mandatory.

Hans Andersen says that he is hesitant to whether he will ride or not.

http://www.vt.se/sport/mer.aspx?cat=1239949&nav=Sport&articleid=5427216

http://svt.se/2.93021/1.2052354/svenskar_nobbar_lag-vm_i_speedway

Team GB should be Harris, Nicholls, Richardson, Woffiden and Stead.

They have been the best five Brits this season without a doubt.

People mentioning King, Kennett and Bridger are extremely silly people.

Team GB should be Harris, Nicholls, Richardson, Woffiden and Stead.

People mentioning King are extremely silly people.

Is that you tugging at one of my lower limbs, Wanna?

I wouldn't want any of Stead/King/Barker as the 5th rider. Richardson, Nicholls, Woffinden and Harris seem shoo-ins, but of the rest nothing stands out.

I personally would like

Nicholls

Harris

Richardson

D.King

Stead

Top 5 Brits in the averages so they must have done something right ;)

The three big guns should be a given.

Woiffinden should ride as he is rubbing shoulders with the big boys at the GP's every fortnight.

Stead averaging more than the other candidates so has to ride IMO.

On current form Team GB's team is a no brainer.

Nicholls/Harris/Stead/Richardson/Woffinden King reserve

On current form Team GB's team is a no brainer.

Nicholls/Harris/Stead/Richardson/Woffinden King reserve

Agreed and anyone suggesting Barker must be mad, riding garbage at the moment with a terrible attitude.

Agreed and anyone suggesting Barker must be mad, riding garbage at the moment with a terrible attitude.

Anyone know when the team is due to be announced?