British Speedway Forum

Surely it's not worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over whether, if they attend the Welsh Open, it might prevent them getting home to see the World Cup Final for England aren't going to be in the latter are they? :rolleyes:

There is a large screen available in the bar so I'm sure showing the football would not be a problem. Although choice between speedway or football...no contest speedway every time. ;)

A few names have been released Ty Proctor, David Howe, Ryan Fisher, Craig Watson, Leigh Lanham, Kyle Legault are the ones I can remember more to be released soon I guess.

After last seasons 4.5 hours for a speedway meeting and 45 minutes to run a single heat, I think I'll give this a miss for the first ever time.

Also, 'in line racing', riders had to follow each other on the blue groove hoping for a mistake from the rider in front because to move off line ment you lost a place. All in all a very poor meeting last year.

MORE STARS ANNOUNCED FOR WALES OPEN

Three more riders have been confirmed as taking part in the Wales Open Championship at Newport Speedway on Sunday July 11th at 1pm.

Chris Slabon from Poland plus Australians Cory Gathercole of the Somerset Rebels and Justin Sedgmen of the Birmingham Brummies join Ryan Fisher of the Edinburgh Monarchs and America, Ty Proctor of the Wolverhampton Wolves and Australia and David Howe of the Scunthorpe Scorpions and Great Britain plus Craig Watson, Leigh Janham and Kyle Legault from the Newport Wasps in forming part of the 16-man field that will contest the event on the afternoon after the British Speedway Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff the night before.

Commented meeting co-ordinator Laurence Rogers: 'We are pleased with how the field is assembling and in Chris Slabon we have attracted a rider who has not raced in this country since his days as an Ipswich Witch in the Elite League several seasons ago. With a massive influx of Polish speedway fans into South Wales for the weekend then our stadium at Queensway Meadows could be very busy indeed. I am waiting on the responses from other invitees and we hope to announce the final sixteen soon'

It has also been confirmed that six-times World Speedway Champion Ivan Mauger MBE OBE will be at the event to promote and sign copies of his newly published autobiography.

Good field so far,but the major signing hasn`t been announced so far,who`s running the bar on the second bend?

I`ll vote for Nick :P

For those that need to breathe in between sentences, these are the riders listed! icon_smile_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Chris Slabon

Cory Gathercole

Justin Sedgmen

Ryan Fisher

Ty Proctor

David Howe

Craig Watson

Leigh Janham

Kyle Legault

Edited by Sandie

It`s not easy typing with a `Bow in one hand and a keyboard in another Sandie,only experts can manage that :wink::P

For those that need to breathe in between sentences, these are the riders listed! icon_smile_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Cory Gathercole

Justin Sedgmen

Ryan Fisher

Ty Proctor

David Howe

Craig Watson

Leigh Janham

Kyle Legault

Speaking for those of us who can't talk underwater, I'm sure I saw Chris Slabon's name in there, Sandie.

Any news on a certain defending champ and Queensway Meadows regular?

Speaking for those of us who can't talk underwater, I'm sure I saw Chris Slabon's name in there, Sandie.

Its there BFD - You are smoking far to much these days Dave!!!icon_smile_wink.gif

Who might be then Dave ??? Spoke with him this morning and ....well wait for the next press release!! ;):lol:

...and me thinks young Sandie is playing you up !! :rolleyes:

Who might be then Dave ??? Spoke with him this morning and ....well wait for the next press release!! ;):lol:

...and me thinks young Sandie is playing you up !! :rolleyes:

ME!!!

Oh and I like the YOUNG bit Mainman - although I guess compared to you .............ohmy.gif

nope stop - he's being nice!!!!!! xxicon_lol.gif

There is a large screen available in the bar so I'm sure showing the football would not be a problem. Although choice between speedway or football...no contest speedway every time. ;)

Im with you Tanya, speedway every time. Despite last years meet taking forever to run, my wife and i will be in attendance along with 4 others.

Edited by Goldmember06