Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I just want to add my support to those who have praised Frederick Lindberg for his great evasive action. In the past I will admit that I have sometimes been critical of FL's riding style, especially between the start and the first turn but last night his couragous effort certainly prevented a serious injury to someone.

I just want to add my support to those who have praised Frederick Lindberg for his great evasive action. In the past I will admit that I have sometimes been critical of FL's riding style, especially between the start and the first turn but last night his couragous effort certainly prevented a serious injury to someone.

Lindgerg? :blink::lol:

Tonight couldn't have been a better advert for the sport for those at home thinking about buying a ticket for Cardiff.

A great GP tonight though the nasty crashes soured it somewhat.

If that meeting tonight doesn't add a couple of thousand to Cardiff nothing will. Gutted I won't be there as the first I will have missed.

Did the opposite for me, was half thinking about Cardiff but now definitely not going to bother. Last night was a proper speedway meeting on a proper track, whereas Cardiff is an overpriced farce. Will save my pennies for Bydgoscz methinks.

I think the number of Polish GP's has devalued the GP Series as a whole.

Yep it's a joke a bit like them having the world cup final every two years icon_evil.gif Good to see Hampel Gollob And Holta going so quick last night must be because of the great work from there Pit crew rolleyes.gif

Did the opposite for me, was half thinking about Cardiff but now definitely not going to bother. Last night was a proper speedway meeting on a proper track, whereas Cardiff is an overpriced farce. Will save my pennies for Bydgoscz methinks.

...and you forgot to mention the Cardiff version of the Vuvuzela's i.e. airhorns. Whatever happened to creating an atmosphere with good old vocal chords? Until they're banned I won't be back.

Tonight couldn't have been a better advert for the sport for those at home thinking about buying a ticket for Cardiff.

A great GP tonight though the nasty crashes soured it somewhat.

If that meeting tonight doesn't add a couple of thousand to Cardiff nothing will. Gutted I won't be there as the first I will have missed.

But Steve the racing at a track like that bears no relation to Cardiff where 8 of the 9 have been sterile and tedious. Great atmosphere and event but awful racing at Cardiff

i agree, Torun (and Leszno) this years shows that permanent tracks with a good track staff will by far outshine

the temporary football stadium tracks like Ullevi and Cardiff.

Wow is all I can say about that!! I really would urge anyone that's thinking of going to Torun next yr to get yourself there as you will not be disappointed.

The stadium is amazing and really can't believe how lucky they are in Torun to have a purpose built stadium like that to watch Speedway in every week. I'm sure everyone who was here last nite or watched it back home would give their right arm for a stadium like that in England. Great viewing from everywhere and just a great track that was fantastically prepared. Was lucky enough to attend an hours talk with Steve Brandon, Phil Rising and Briggo yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that the roof is going to be extended so it covers well over the track to protect it from the weather. Not quite Cardiff but near as damn it so this looks like becoming the new jewell in the crown for the organisers.

Had incidents right from the start and just hope all the injured riders are ok today. Really can't believe anyone has put anything negative on hear about Holder. The guy is a breath of fresh air for the GP's like Emil and is a super fast talented rider. Always happy and relaxed and I for one wish him a speedy recovery. Don't care who he rides for, the guy is a great talent and any meeting without him is worse off in my opinion so all the best Noddy.

We went to Grudziadz v Gdansk on fri nite and Zorro took 2 absolute pearlers there so he must have been black and blue even before last nite's horrible crash so can't imagine how he feels today!! The guy is one tough cookie and is doing great now he's used to the standard and doesn't look outta place at all.

Big congrats to Tomek as best man won w/o question. Helped make the nite having 3 Poles in the final and then on the rostrum so the locals were happy. Wud luv to see him have a good Cardiff for once and keep at the top of the standings as the last few GP's are great tracks for him and apart from our fave riders I think we'd all love to see him finally become World Champ. Esp at Bydgoszcz!!!!

Just got one meeting left today at Bydgoszcz which is against Wroclaw so if that's half as good as last nite I'll be buzzing!!

Everyone get saving for Torun in 2011 cos you'll only regret it if you're not there. Believe me!!!!!

Edited by Bradford Ace

Fantastic GP so far. Has everything. Best for a long while.

Thought it was very good but not quite as good as Parken for me.

Gollob was head and shoulders above everyone else and the likely winner from a very early stage. Would be good to see him win a world title before he packs up and with three rounds in Poland including the final round in his back yard he'll never have a better chance.

Good to see Tai improving in every round but not such a good one for Bomber once again who couldn't gate for toffee and made some poor choices in the first bend.

Wow is all I can say about that!! I really would urge anyone that's thinking of going to Torun next yr to get yourself there as you will not be disappointed.

The stadium is amazing and really can't believe how lucky they are in Torun to have a purpose built stadium like that to watch Speedway in every week. I'm sure everyone who was here last nite or watched it back home would give their right arm for a stadium like that in England. Great viewing from everywhere and just a great track that was fantastically prepared. Was lucky enough to attend an hours talk with Steve Brandon, Phil Rising and Briggo yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that the roof is going to be extended so it covers well over the track to protect it from the weather. Not quite Cardiff but near as damn it so this looks like becoming the new jewell in the crown for the organisers.

Had incidents right from the start and just hope all the injured riders are ok today. Really can't believe anyone has put anything negative on hear about Holder. The guy is a breath of fresh air for the GP's like Emil and is a super fast talented rider. Always happy and relaxed and I for one wish him a speedy recovery. Don't care who he rides for, the guy is a great talent and any meeting without him is worse off in my opinion so all the best Noddy.

We went to Grudziadz v Gdansk on fri nite and Zorro took 2 absolute pearlers there so he must have been black and blue even before last nite's horrible crash so can't imagine how he feels today!! The guy is one tough cookie and is doing great now he's used to the standard and doesn't look outta place at all.

Big congrats to Tomek as best man won w/o question. Helped make the nite having 3 Poles in the final and then on the rostrum so the locals were happy. Wud luv to see him have a good Cardiff for once and keep at the top of the standings as the last few GP's are great tracks for him and apart from our fave riders I think we'd all love to see him finally become World Champ. Esp at Bydgoszcz!!!!

Just got one meeting left today at Bydgoszcz which is against Wroclaw so if that's half as good as last nite I'll be buzzing!!

Everyone get saving for Torun in 2011 cos you'll only regret it if you're not there. Believe me!!!!!

Have to agree that the stadium last night at Torun was excellent and a excellent track to race on.

However I cant believe some people dont think Cardiff is an excellent day out ? someone said "overpriced" ?? compared to many other sports top events or music concerts, its priced really well IMO.

The atmosphere is great, in and around the stadium in the bars and clubs. the track isnt as good as Torun, but thats going to be the case witha temp track, however the ruts actually make for interesting racing sometimes, ask Chris Harris when he won ? I cant wait for 3 weeks time...

...and you forgot to mention the Cardiff version of the Vuvuzela's i.e. airhorns. Whatever happened to creating an atmosphere with good old vocal chords? Until they're banned I won't be back.

If you leave it to vocal support, it would be deathly quiet, as speedway fans very rarely start singing ?? except for the barmy army... i think the airhorns add to the whole experience.

is old people remember singing at speedway meetings, but then we had a crowd mentality then..

who remembers singing "when the red red robin..." shoot the b***tard shoot the b***tard for the swindon fans!

The finish line filming has always eluded SKY, I'd like to know what the problem is, WHY can't they have a camera positioned straight along the start, perhaps not attached to the starting gates because of the jolting as the tapes rise perhaps but there has to be a way of getting a straight shot of the finish line, reposition that bleeding mole cam perhaps?

Camera speed ..... Bikes coming from the side would result in a blur

You need a fast action camera positioned to the side and high above the starting gate, as they do in the Greyhounds.

Havent seen anyone else mention the so called "Photo Finish" results, but I got them all right .... apart from Hampel v Holta as I'm pretty sure Hampel won that one, but because his front wheel was lifted, it gave a false view as on camera his front wheel is in the air when they are looking at which wheel hits the white line first

This in theory changes who goes in which semi-final

Camera speed ..... Bikes coming from the side would result in a blur

You need a fast action camera positioned to the side and high above the starting gate, as they do in the Greyhounds.

There are ultrarapid cameras that can capture high speed movements and when played at "normal" speed

it will show the film in slow motion.