British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

the unedited version of the entire U21 meeting, will put riders names, results and

times etc later in week depends on normal work

Sit back and enjoy, there is some great solo races in the support class 3 lap

races involving Kyle Newman, Damien Koppe, Joey Ringwood and Mason Campton,

worth the price of admission on their own

Cheers

the unedited version of the entire U21 meeting, will put riders names, results and

times etc later in week depends on normal work

Sit back and enjoy, there is some great solo races in the support class 3 lap

races involving Kyle Newman, Damien Koppe, Joey Ringwood and Mason Campton,

worth the price of admission on their own

Cheers

Now there's a surprise on this youtube clip,BFD with a stubbie in his mits!! :lol:

Now there's a surprise on this youtube clip,BFD with a stubbie in his mits!! :lol:

That's just me getting an alibi, mate.

Following his participation in next week's Under-16 125 Individual and Pairs at Sidewinders in Adelaide and the completion of this year's OzChamps he's down for a week's intensive training camp in a secret North-western location in Victoria which for the sake of clarification I'll identify as not a million miles from Mildura under the personal tuition of a recently-retired former Ten-time Australian Solo Champion. If HE can't bend Arthur's ear in the right direction who can?

Phil Mackay - a former King of Darwin sidecars and Arthur's mentor & mechanic for the last seven years, reckons he's the greatest talent we've ever produced, while Queensland Fans who'd never seen him until tonight were blown away with his riding style and strength of character.

If you watch the 350s Final which Lance has posted you'll see he completely blew the start but by the beginning of the back straight he was totally in control and never headed. Previous to that he had a thrilling match race with Jack Holder - no mean talent himself - and came out on top after a tightly-contested tussle. He's the real deal.

I'd have to say he is one of the most talented riders i have ever had the pleasure of watching.Came over and gave all the top Danes a real scare.And that was on borrowed bikes!!!Hope the lad stays with speedway and continues to progress.But i wish him all the best regardless.Phil and Arthurs dad were also great i must say :approve:

Since the opening round of OzChamps at Parramatta has been cancelled, tomorrow night I'm going to - Parramatta!

Occasion is the $10,000 to win Sprintcars meeting, featuring American drivers Tony Stewart - yes that's right, the NASCAR Ace, along with World of Outlaws stars Donny Schatz; Joey Saldana; Cody Darrah; Jason Sides and Shane Stewart. They'll be taking on some of the best of our Aussie speedsters including Territorians 'Bad Boy' Benny Atkinson and Daniel Goldoni, Saint's son. Other top Aussies on show include ex-Oz No 1 Gary Brazier; Ian Loudon; Kerry & Ian Madsen; Grant Tunks and Adrian Maher. Any Solos fans in Sydney feel free to join us, 4 wheel Speedway is better than nothing at all, and the Things with Wings will put on a great show - weather permitting!

Long Range forecast for Round 1 at Kurri Kurri on Saturday is fine with light N/E Seabreezes with a top temp of 32 degrees.

While I'm out partying you're welcome to check on what else is going on Downunder on this site - http://australianspeedway.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 - just mention my name amd don't be surprised at the reaction.

Edited by BigFatDave

Since the opening round of OzChamps at Parramatta has been cancelled, tomorrow night I'm going to - Parramatta!

Occasion is the $10,000 to win Sprintcars meeting, featuring American drivers Tony Stewart - yes that's right, the NASCAR Ace, along with World of Outlaws stars Donny Schatz; Joey Saldana; Cody Darrah; Jason Sides and Shane Stewart. They'll be taking on some of the best of our Aussie speedsters including Territorians 'Bad Boy' Benny Atkinson and Daniel Goldoni, Saint's son. Other top Aussies on show include ex-Oz No 1 Gary Brazier; Ian Loudon; Kerry & Ian Madsen; Grant Tunks and Adrian Maher. Any Solos fans in Sydney feel free to join us, 4 wheel Speedway is better than nothing at all, and the Things with Wings will put on a great show - weather permitting!

Long Range forecast for Round 1 at Kurri Kurri on Saturday is fine with light N/E Seabreezes with a top temp of 32 degrees.

While I'm out partying you're welcome to check on what else is going on Downunder on this site - http://australianspeedway.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 - just mention my name amd don't be surprised at the reaction.

My travel plans have been changed (with the kind help from Spider) to take in Broken Hill 26/1 and Mildura 29/1.

Plus I will be attending Gillman 22/1.

I'm likely to attend all Sidewinders meetings. Could you do me a favour and remind me of the dates and start times please?

Ta

My travel plans have been changed (with the kind help from Spider) to take in Broken Hill 26/1 and Mildura 29/1.

Plus I will be attending Gillman 22/1.

I'm likely to attend all Sidewinders meetings. Could you do me a favour and remind me of the dates and start times please?

Ta

Geez you don't want much do ya!

Gillman the usual times are Gates open 5 p.m. Racing starts: 7.30 p.m.

Sidewinders haven't updated their Website since August last year, but the dates at the moment are:

20/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships Qualifying meeting;

21/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships, Featuring Under-16s 350 Champ Arthur Sissis;

23/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships Pairs. Usually Gates open around 5.00pm, so we'll just have a few with Rob at the Royal whatever then meander down there - don't forget it's a dry venue, so I'll be relying on assorted other means to achieve that inner rosy glow!

The good lord alone knows what time Broke 'n 'Ill will start; usually with Ozchamps the party starts when we arrive. An ol 'mate of mine lives there; mad Prawn Trawler skipper and his missus - I think he's fallen out of love with the sea, but I doubt if he's forgotten how to party.

Mildura you should remember, you were only there last Tuesday!

Gates open usually around 4.00pm, racing about 7.30 when the sun's gone from turn one.

Hopefully we won't need Gumboots like North Brissy - mine are still being held as evidence in that Rock Wallaby Molestation case back in Darwin.

Incidentally I've got a lucrative little earner going at some of these tracks: I'm capitalising on your amazing resemblance to a certain Polish World 500cc Solos Champion, so don't be surprised if you have to sign a few autographs, and don't forget there's a 'Z' in Tomasz. I'll split the proceeds with you after I've deducted all my expenses of course, but your share should be enough to at least cover the price of the U-beaut Black Texta I'm gonna sell ya! Trust Me!!

Geez you don't want much do ya!

Gillman the usual times are Gates open 5 p.m. Racing starts: 7.30 p.m.

Sidewinders haven't updated their Website since August last year, but the dates at the moment are:

20/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships Qualifying meeting;

21/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships, Featuring Under-16s 350 Champ Arthur Sissis;

23/01 Under-16s 125s Australian Championships Pairs. Usually Gates open around 5.00pm, so we'll just have a few with Rob at the Royal whatever then meander down there - don't forget it's a dry venue, so I'll be relying on assorted other means to achieve that inner rosy glow!

The good lord alone knows what time Broke 'n 'Ill will start; usually with Ozchamps the party starts when we arrive. An ol 'mate of mine lives there; mad Prawn Trawler skipper and his missus - I think he's fallen out of love with the sea, but I doubt if he's forgotten how to party.

Mildura you should remember, you were only there last Tuesday!

Gates open usually around 4.00pm, racing about 7.30 when the sun's gone from turn one.

Hopefully we won't need Gumboots like North Brissy - mine are still being held as evidence in that Rock Wallaby Molestation case back in Darwin.

Incidentally I've got a lucrative little earner going at some of these tracks: I'm capitalising on your amazing resemblance to a certain Polish World 500cc Solos Champion, so don't be surprised if you have to sign a few autographs, and don't forget there's a 'Z' in Tomasz. I'll split the proceeds with you after I've deducted all my expenses of course, but your share should be enough to at least cover the price of the U-beaut Black Texta I'm gonna sell ya! Trust Me!!

Thank you or should that be dziekuja BFD.

It was just the Sidewinders stuff I wasn't too sure on.

Shall hope to bump into you at some point, will brush up on my Polish accent....

hello dave

i think sidewinders have a secret new website now if you try

http://www.sidewinders-speedway.com

it may give you some joy

hope you don't get one of your little blue lozengers caught in your throat

regards

john

Thanks for that john - I've amended me favourites!

PS Last thing I want is a stiff neck - I just take a quarter every day -it ensures I don't wet me boots when taking a leak!

Edited by BigFatDave

Under 21s Heat Details.

Ht 1 Darcy red 1st, Todd blue 2nd, Sam yellow 3rd Rohan white 4th 60.56 (Track Record!)

Ht 2 Micky red 1st; Alex white 2nd Tyson yellow 3rd Daniel tapes exc replaced by Mason blue 4th. 61.23

ht 3 Tayl white 1st; Sweets yellow 2nd Josh blue 3rd Justin red e/f - restarted 4th 61.75

ht 4 Clint red 1st Dakota white 2nd Brenton yellow 3rd Mitch e/f dnf 62.54

ht 5 Darcy blue 1st; Taylor yellow 2nd, Micky white 3rd Brenton red 4th 61.15 Taylor kept Darcy honest

ht 6 Justin red 1st Alex yellow 2nd Todd white 3rd Mitch red 4th 62.41

ht 7 Josh red 1st; Rohan yellow 2nd Daniel white 3rd Clinton blue f/exc 4th declared - great race until the last bend

Ht 8 Sweets white 1st; Sam red 2nd Tyson blue 3rd Dakota f, exc 62.69 1st start Sweets fell all 4 back

Ht 9 Darcy white 1st Alex red 2nd Josh yellow 3rd Dakota blue 4th 61.84 Alex gated, Darcy got him home straight

Ht 10 Sweets red 1st Micky blue 2nd Clinton white 3rd Todd yellow 4th 62.32

Ht 11 Taylor blue 1st Tyson red 2nd Rohan white 3rd Mitch yellow 4th 63.09

Ht 12 Justin white 1st Sam blue 2nd Brenton red 3rd Daniel yellow f, rmt 4th. 62.93

Ht 13 Darcy yellow 1st Sweets blue 2nd Mitch yellow 3rd Daniel red 4th 62.25 Darcy round the outside turns 1 & 2

Ht 14 Josh yellow 1st Todd red 2nd Brenton blue 3rd Tyson white 4th 64.12

Ht 15 Justin white 1st Micky yelow 2nd Dakote red 3rd Rohan blue 4th 62.81

ht 16 Taylor red 1st Sam white 2nd Clinton yellow f, rmt 3rd Alex blue fell exc. missed the time - Alex turned right.

Ht 17 Darcy red 1st Clinton white 2nd Justin yellow 3rd Tyson ef on last bend 4th 60.94 Darcy FTG.

ht 18 Todd blue 1st Taylor red 2nd Dakota yelow 3rd Daniel white 4th 62.06 a real match race up front

ht 19 Sweets blue 1st Brenton white 2nd Alex Yellow 3rd Rohan red 4th 61.97 Alex a bit wobbly after his Kummagutza

ht 20 Micky red 1st Josh white 2nd Sam yellow 3rd Mitch blue 4th 61.85

I start going pear-shaped about now

B main Micky 1st Justin 2nd Taylor 3rd Todd 4th 61.75

A main Darcy 1st Sweets 2nd Josh 3rd Micky 4th 61.59.

For those of you with an interest in the minutae and exotica of a wandering Speedway Fan's Travels around Oz you could do worse than visit here and keep up with BigFatDave's Epic Adventures. Currently in transit to Kurri Kurri (in a pub in Maitland) for Ozchamps Rd 1.

Quick update - I'm in Speedway Central - Hunter Valley division, and through a stroke of good fortune my accomodation has been upgraded from the dog box - apparently she's having pups and refuses to share.

Edited by BigFatDave

Updates on round 1 of the Aussie champs @ Kurri Kurri, will be available Here tomorrow at approx 8am uk time.

Updates on round 1 of the Aussie champs @ Kurri Kurri, will be available Here tomorrow at approx 8am uk time.

Any chance you`ll be dressed this time,or is it the nightie again? :lol: